Audigy 2 ZS
May 24, 2005 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MonsterDK

New Head-Fier
Need help guys please to work out if my sound card is faulty.

I just bought a Audigy 2 ZS. Using along side some Zalman 5.1 Headphones.
I have the software in 5.1 (creative) and also checked the windows "Sounds and Audio Devices" to ensure thats also in 5.1, which it is.

The problem I have is. When I do the "Calibrator" I hear the voice as it goes through the speakers F left, F right, B left, B right etc it does not say them all completly and it sounds like some of the voices are cut short.

When I use CyberLink PowerDVD and set it to 5.1 in the audio settings.
The picture starts and stops and the audio is high pitched noises (can't actually hear anything you should just bad noises).

I've done the Crative update and ensured all the software installed for the card is upto date.

A few Q's on 5.1: (as I do not have any 5.1 speakers to try )

Do 5.1 speakers have some sort of special decoder on them to decode the audio and could this be an explaination to my high pitched issues?

Could my Zalman 5.1 Headphones be the issue? As far as I can tell they are just layed speakers that are positioned differently to give the 5.1 effect. I can't imagine they contain anything in the way of 5.1 decodering software should it be needed (?)

My syst specs...
3.2 P4 (OC'd from 2.8)
1GB RAM (ram timings set)
Win XP
Creative Blaster 5 FX 5200 Ultra (128mb)

Hope someone can help as I am not sure if this card should be RMA'd

Cheers,
MonsterDK

May 24, 2005 at 6:55 PM Post #2 of 4
Does it help when you go to stock speed? Maybe the card does not like an overclocked PCI bus. Which board are you using?

May 25, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
Does it help when you go to stock speed? Maybe the card does not like an overclocked PCI bus. Which board are you using?

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
1gb GeIL RAM

MonsterDK

May 25, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #4 of 4
I had a similar problem (after a recent PC rebuild) when I plugged my 7.1 (for gaming) speakers back into my Audigy 2 ZS. The voices were in the wrong places and muffled or cut off during the speaker identification test. Check that you have the plugs in the right jacks. If that doesn't work, there's got to be a setting somewhere to fix that. If all else fails, uninstall the Creative drivers and install the (free) kx drivers. The kx drivers are interesting, but for advanced
users and do not work well for gaming. I wish I could switch between the two on demand.

Cheers,
Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back