Audeze's 2016 revamp, re-voiced and re-engineered headphones, the entire line (except Sine and EL8 Ti; these have updates as standard)
Jun 14, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #226 of 330
You can't go wrong with any of the Audio-gd amps either. Highly recommended and there are a few in the mid to high end price range.

One way that you can be sure of getting a suitable amp is to check the power output rating. Audeze recommends 1-4 Watts of power into LCDs. LCD 2 is now 70 ohms and the LCD 3 is now 110 ohms. So as long as the amp can output 1-4W or more at the indicated impedance, you'll be realising your Audeze's full potential.

Jun 14, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #227 of 330
http://www.head-fi.org/t/797581/cayin-iha-6-the-new-affordable-reference-class-balanced-desktop-ampQuote:
Will need an amp for it while I wait for the Ayre QX5 and its balanced amp. Love king at the Heed, maybe a Schitt and possibly the Woo with the built in DAC. I know that headphone company in MT is about to launch a new line of amps too. Any suggestions? I have an AQ Red for portable but wl that drive the 3's for a few months?

If you can access Inner Fidelity.  John Grandburg, who I think is @project86,  reviewed a DAC and amp pair from Cayin which sounded interesting.  The amp goes for $999.00 and according to the review, might be a great amp at a reasonable price.
Might be worth a look.

Jun 19, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #228 of 330
If you can access Inner Fidelity.  John Grandburg, who I think is @project86,  reviewed a DAC and amp pair from Cayin which sounded interesting.  The amp goes for $999.00 and according to the review, might be a great amp at a reasonable price.
Might be worth a look.

I just got one for about $650 from China via Taobao.com. And I heartily recommend it for LCDs. Transparent, balanced, resolving and plenty of power to supply immediacy and gravitas to the music.

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #229 of 330
Guys, thanks. I'm going to wait until my QX-5 arrives in August or so.  Just waiting on the full release of the ESS chip and then Ayre will ship the first batch to us (after the dealers get them world wide).  I appreciate the input.  I have a feeling this HP amp in the Ayre will be awesome. I've spoken to a couple of folks who have listened for a few hours and they think it's as good as they've heard.  I  don't doubt it knowing Ayre (I run an AX-5/Twenty).  Alex from Ayre said they really went all out on the headphone amp.  

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #230 of 330

Might be worth a look.

Yes, this is the link to the review of the Cayin iDAC-6 and iHA-6.

Though the units are designed to work together (synergy?) you can pick and choose which one you want to use and partner with your own gear.

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #231 of 330
So Steve Guttenberg aka The Audiophiliac from CNET published an a sorta new review of the 2016 EL-8 CB (he mentions that this is different from the 2015 version in the review, but not much detail on what the differences are).

He also compares to the Audeze Sine too.

Nice positive read!

Link here.

^^

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #232 of 330
Over on 6moons.com News Room page, there is a mention regarding the 2016 Audeze updates.

Below is a screenshot but here is the quote:

6moons.com News Room Quote: said:
June 2016 - Thinner, tighter and lighter - Audeze announce "the updated open and closed-back EL-8s as well as an improved LCD-XC." The details are reduced diaphragm thickness for greater response; higher compliance to lower resonance for improved LF extension and definition; more uniform magnetic flux distribution and driving force which smoothes frequency response and lowers distortion; improved diaphragm tensioning for better consistency between units; and improved internal damping for better more controlled bass and a smoother overall response. The revised LCD-XC gets all of the same except that its internal damping remains unchanged.

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #236 of 330
Man, I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. Are there any physical differences or markings in order to distinguish the old version from the new?( EL-8 OB)

Serial number is the only way I know.

Aug 15, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #238 of 330
I'm sorry if this isn't the right place -____- by im having a very rough time with audeze getting back to me with my LCD 2 headphones!..Its almost been 3 months to get something straight with them and now I guess it's going to take a even more time to respond to emails. I don't want to keep bugging them but I paid good money for these and even with cheaper headphones I get better service from Hifiman. So please what should I do either send them unlimited emails or keep calling them, in which I would not rather do but its time to answer up. By the way i had these since april 13 2016

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #239 of 330
I'm sorry if this isn't the right place -____- by im having a very rough time with audeze getting back to me with my LCD 2 headphones!..Its almost been 3 months to get something straight with them and now I guess it's going to take a even more time to respond to emails. I don't want to keep bugging them but I paid good money for these and even with cheaper headphones I get better service from Hifiman. So please what should I do either send them unlimited emails or keep calling them, in which I would not rather do but its time to answer up. By the way i had these since april 13 2016

I've had a few experiences with Audeze quite recently and they have always taken care of me in a timely manner. Whether by email or phone, although I did prefer calling them. Tony, the Internet sales manager was really awesome to deal with, and the problem we had was fixed in a timely manner. I would call them, forget emails.

Aug 15, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #240 of 330

I always had a very good and prompt response from Audeze to any inquires. I use Audeze's Customer Service Center to get in touch: https://audeze.zendesk.com/home 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back