Audeze "Vegan" pads vs Lambskin - Comfort and sound?
Nov 13, 2012 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Docks

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone tried them both? I've heard the Audeze can be a bit uncomfortable, do the leather free pads help comfort? What about heat? Do they effect sound?
Many people say the leather ones cannot be used for extended sessions, This is a concern for me.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:
Has anyone tried them both? I've heard the Audeze can be a bit uncomfortable, do the leather free pads help comfort? What about heat? Do they effect sound?
Many people say the leather ones cannot be used for extended sessions, This is a concern for me.
Thanks in advance.

They are both more comfortable and cooler to wear. And IME, no, they don't affect sound.

FWIW I've worn my LCD's for hours and hours and hours LCD-3 22 hours straight, LCD-2 12 hours straight.
I find no major gripes with the comfort of the leather, but do prefer the leather free pads.

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 9
+1.
I agree with paradoxper, the "vegan" pads are very comfortable and can be worn for extended periods without serious discomfort.  I hear no significant difference in sound quality between leather and vegan pads on my LCD-2.1s, although I was told by Sankar when I order a pair of  "vegan" pads to replace my leather pads, that some people heard a slight loss of bass with "vegan" pads, but more openness.) I don't hear a loss of bass, but I do hear a slightly more spacious sound. I'm pleased with the change.

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
How much of a pain is it to change the pads, if at all?  I hate changing the pads on my 007 mk1.

It's not really a pain at all.

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #6 of 9
Should I feel bad I didn't choose the Vegan pads when I bought my LCD-2 R.2? The word at the time was they were worse but now some people think they are a bit better. Hmmmmm...

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
Should I feel bad I didn't choose the Vegan pads when I bought my LCD-2 R.2? The word at the time was they were worse but now some people think they are a bit better. Hmmmmm...

Leather bad. Vegan good.

Nov 18, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #8 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back