Audeze SINE Series
Jan 21, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #4,441 of 4,775
Hi guys

I've got mint Sine's for sale. EU region. Complete package with 3d printed adapters for bigger earpads. Original earpads are not used at all, I had my own lambskin dekoni.

PM me if interested!

EDIT: Not for sale anymore! After I got new PowerDac v2 I fall in love with them again (with little eq in bass region)

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #4,443 of 4,775
Can anyone tell me whether Sine is better or Mobius?

This is a very difficult question. I've owned both and overall liked both, but each have their drawbacks.

What Mobius does better:

Much better fit:
Some people just say that sine is uncomfortable. I agree, but I can definitely use it for about 2 or 3 hours without much issues. The bigger issue for me is getting the seal, and making sure to put them on properly. If you force them on, you could develop driver flex pretty easily.

Mobius fit is not bad, the only annoyance is it's heavier and looks much bulkier.

Soundstage/Presentation:

This is more a matter of taste. I personally prefer the "bigger" presentation that mobius has with the 100mm drivers. Due to sine being on ear, the presentation of the music is more "focused", but I can see people preferring this.

What Sine does better:

Detail:
I have a theory that Sine and Mobius are actually similarly detailed, but Sine's form factor as an on ear headphone makes it appear more detailed. A tighter bass response also helps with its clarity.

Longevity:
Supposedly Audeze will offer battery replacement with the mobius. But outside of that, once your mobius dies, it becomes useless. There is no passive mode at all. A lot of Sines have lasted for years, but some do succumb to issues.

Driving/Amp:
Sine gives you the option of using the included cipher or your own amp source. In my opinion, using a better amp setup does improve Sine hy a decent margin. Mobius amp also suffers from a slight white noise/ hiss. This pissed me off when I first got it, but I've since come to accept it.

Jan 22, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #4,445 of 4,775
Mar 4, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #4,447 of 4,775
I like my Sines, but I wear glasses and thus on-ear cans are pretty uncomfortable after a while. I'm considering selling mine even though they sound great. I noticed the soundstage opens up a lot with the Cipher cable. Wish I could keep that part, but unfortunately it doesn't look like the cable would work with other models of headphones due to the weird shape.

Mar 5, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #4,449 of 4,775
I bought Audeze Sines with the Sennheiser HD1 pads installed on them by the previous owner and they are comfortable up to about 2 hours before my head and ears need a break.

The sound quality is really excellent compared to the PM-3s I own. They're more tonally correct, the instruments and vocals are separated well (though not very wide). I wish the bass could have been a little bit higher, but is resolved when using the cipher cable on an iOS device. The PM-3s IMO, sound really dull with mids being too thick sounding unnatural, but are far more comfortable for longer listening sessions and the sound is more laid back compared to the Sine.

Comparing the sound quality between the 3.5mm standard cable and the cipher cable:
Standard cable: bass hits well, but feels cut-off for some reason on the lowest frequencies (similar to how Aornic described it on his review), mids focused, with occassional 'ss' and 'tsss' bordering on harsh for some tracks when the volume is on louder levels
Cipher cable: more balanced with bass being better presented and highs are tamed at higher volumes

Mar 5, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #4,450 of 4,775
I like my Sines, but I wear glasses and thus on-ear cans are pretty uncomfortable after a while. I'm considering selling mine even though they sound great. I noticed the soundstage opens up a lot with the Cipher cable. Wish I could keep that part, but unfortunately it doesn't look like the cable would work with other models of headphones due to the weird shape.
I wear glasses as well. When using on ear HPs like the Sine I just pull the ear piece temple tips off my ears and rest them on top of the headphones; better yet take the glasses off close your eyes and enjoy the music.

The Sines are a beautifully designed planer that sound so nice, and are so much more lighter than the full size Audeze line, I actually use them more than my LCD-XC.

Apr 10, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #4,452 of 4,775
Apr 10, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #4,454 of 4,775
I have demoed the Audeze Sine during its release and have owned them twice and even personally gave up on them twice...until this morning. The Sine series was discontinued last year and (So far???) only the DX model was succeeded by the over-ear LCD-1, so i thought 3D-printed earcup adapters would convince me that Sines would be keepers a second time around. The comfort improved quite a bit, but the over-ear pleather ear pads (For a Sennheiser PX360???) are a somewhat mismatch with the real-leather headband and sold my Sine Cypher cable, so they were rather underpowered.

Well, I had a Headstage Arrow 4G HE (Good luck finding ANY of these amps in ANY condition) that had a bloated battery, so I replaced it and it made my Campfire Solaris sound great...but what about the Audeze Sine with the over-ear adapters? Well, I tried all three gain settings with High being best (of course), but was not much soundstage, so I switched the cross-feed to the strongest setting and it worked rather well to make it sound very much like a full-closed-back...but what about the infamous double-bass-boost?

Wow, the high-efficiency part actually works well with (over-ear-modified) Audeze Sines with the metal frame making micro-resonances from the double-bass-boost and taking little-to-none of the other soundstaging details! Finally, portable headphones that now sound like you are in a real club! :floatsmile:

Now I can see listening to combo much more...but for what other artists??? :L3000:

Apr 10, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #4,455 of 4,775
ifi Hip Dac is great with Sine, but you have to eq down the mids using a streaming app that has eq built in. And I replaced the on ear pads and installed Sony V6 after market pads and comfort is great. The end result is unbelievable bass impact and textural resolution. Hip Dac scales with planar in a very good way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back