Audeze SINE Series
Aug 8, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #4,412 of 4,775
Got LG V30 too :D Tho it is not even close to THX AAA sound quality. Much is lost, the bass is lot better and the soundstage is wider. Also the instrument separation is better on Monolith portable THX AAA. Even when using 50 Ohm trick.

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #4,413 of 4,775
Got LG V30 too :D Tho it is not even close to THX AAA sound quality. Much is lost, the bass is lot better and the soundstage is wider. Also the instrument separation is better on Monolith portable THX AAA. Even when using 50 Ohm trick.

Sure, but can it receive phone calls, texts, e-mail, internet, take pictures, remind you of birthdays and anniversaries, and ignore social media.

The THX AAA is a smart idea, but is basically current dumping with an extra feedback loop.

Aug 8, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #4,414 of 4,775
Sure, but can it receive phone calls, texts, e-mail, internet, take pictures, remind you of birthdays and anniversaries, and ignore social media.

The THX AAA is a smart idea, but is basically current dumping with an extra feedback loop.

Well im using LG V30 as an source to THX AAA :D Problems solved.
Edit. Also im using THX AAA as USB DAC from LG V30 so only digital data goes in cable. So no worries there too.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #4,415 of 4,775
Audeze SINE are easily the best cans under 500€. Not LCD 2C made me sell these, not even Hifiman Ananda or HD800.
These are mine and im not selling them ever. The best portable headphones ever.
Match made in heaven, SINE and Monolith portable THX AAA AMP/DAC:
Given your enthusiasm for the Sine, I'm curious which other portables you've owned or heard?

Aug 19, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #4,416 of 4,775
After some fiddling and reconnecting the Anker adapter (and using Hiby Link instead of USB Audio Player Pro), I finally got my Sine DX & Cipher Cable working with my Galaxy S9+! I had no idea how much a difference the Cipher has on these things. They sounded great before, but they're on another level now. Plus I switched the pads out to some Brainwavz Oval MicroSuede w / adapters. Loving this!!!

Aug 19, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #4,417 of 4,775
Given your enthusiasm for the Sine, I'm curious which other portables you've owned or heard?

Chord Mojo, Fiio Q1 II, A5. IFI black. XDuoo XD05 etc.

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #4,418 of 4,775
I’ve been coming back to the thread trying to find out what would be the best alternative pads for the Sines regarding sound quality above all and I think that after all the best are the stock pads No?

I would like some comments ... thank you!!

Sep 20, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #4,419 of 4,775
I’ve been coming back to the thread trying to find out what would be the best alternative pads for the Sines regarding sound quality above all and I think that after all the best are the stock pads No?

I can't use the stock pads on my Sine without getting gobs of driver flex. Audeze was no help in this situation and just stopped responding to emails only providing that cold, hot, and humid weather can cause this almost as if they were blaming me for the issue (which is kind of ridiculous for a headphone tailored towards mobile use). That said, I'm running some pads from Vesper Audio (perforated suede pads with breathable foam) to reduce the strength of the seal created between the stock pads and my ears/head though they can do any sort of combination you can think of which can alter comfort and sound (I think they can also turn the headphones to over-ear as well if you wanted them to).

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #4,420 of 4,775
I put some creative aurvana (CAL) pads on, some weeks ago, after using msr7 pads for around a year.. to my ears, CAL pads are very similar to stock pads soundwise, but way more comfortable. Msr7 result in a more "open" sound, with less bass and more detail in the medium. I cannot say that I prefer one over the other, they are just different

Sep 20, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #4,421 of 4,775
After trying MSR7 pads for a few days, I ended up getting some Brainwavz Mircosuede Oval pads from Amazon; they've been absolutely perfect.

Sep 21, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #4,422 of 4,775
I use brainwavz angled memory foam pads, they improve the soundstage, bass and treble a tad more relaxed but definitely an upgrade over the stock pads. I did try some other options such as the Meze stock and other brainwavz pads but the angled ones are my preferred option.

I have read the suggestions from other posts and it proves there is no right or wrong, better or worse option. It really comes down to personal preferences, you will probably need to experiment to find your perfect match. This is what makes this hobby so much fun!!!

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #4,423 of 4,775

I've tried a few different pairs and my favorites are "Bluecell Pair of Replacement Ear Pad for Sennheiser Hd202, Hd212pro, Hd497, Eh150, Eh250, hd437, hd447, hd62tv Headphones." The sound is very balanced and close to stock but the pads to not crush my ears like the stock ones. The pads are $8.40 on Amazon.

Sep 23, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #4,424 of 4,775
I've tried a few different pairs and my favorites are "Bluecell Pair of Replacement Ear Pad for Sennheiser Hd202, Hd212pro, Hd497, Eh150, Eh250, hd437, hd447, hd62tv Headphones." The sound is very balanced and close to stock but the pads to not crush my ears like the stock ones. The pads are $8.40 on Amazon.
I ordered them...
I was thinking the angled Brainwavz too but in my short search I didn’t find any seller that was shipping to my country!
They cost me much more than 8,40 but still cheap. I hope they are OK!

Thnx!!

Sep 23, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #4,425 of 4,775
I ordered them...
I was thinking the angled Brainwavz too but in my short search I didn’t find any seller that was shipping to my country!
They cost me much more than 8,40 but still cheap. I hope they are OK!

Thnx!!

I have had them for a few years and they are still going strong!
Sine.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back