Audeze SINE Series
Apr 1, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #4,381 of 4,775
We found the issue and have fixed it but you will have to contact support and get your cable swapped. We are waiting for the next batch, so there is a lead time.
Doesn't this affect all the first batch of iSine IEM's bluetooth cables? If so, your saying we have to contact you? Why not just send us all a new cable?

Apr 2, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #4,382 of 4,775
Wrong thread. Sorry.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #4,383 of 4,775
So, here's my take after a week with the Creative Aurvana Live! pads - usurped from my own pair of CALs..

They're a real winner, a no-brainer - my Sines went from no use to all the use. They're semi over-ear with much softer pads that let the pair sit stably on my head, really great when on a walk. Now they're actually a comfortable portable hp. The stock pads had annoyingly volumes going up and down too depending on the seal and proximity to the ears when moving. That's totally gone.

The CALs are a bit loose fitting on here, but I'm quite ok with that. Sound-wise CAL pads are very close to stock and sound at least as good to my ears. There's maybe a very slight boost in the lows, but I'm really not sure. Maybe it's just a better seal than before when in traffic.
Really don't know what Audeze was thinking putting such pads on this good a headphone. The looks, I guess.

Anyhoo, this is easily the best sounding portable (non-IEM) headphone I've heard that finally actually works like it should when on-the-go. The closest competitor Oppo PM3 just sounds way too dull & dark in comparison, even if it has the comfort down stock.

I wish there's still a market for this kind of portable SQ and therefore research being done to make this over-ear and maybe even wireless one day. Here's hoping!

Btw: I'm using them with the Cipher cable.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #4,384 of 4,775
So, here's my take after a week with the Creative Aurvana Live! pads - usurped from my own pair of CALs..

The CALs are a bit loose fitting on here, but I'm quite ok with that. Sound-wise CAL pads are very close to stock and sound at least as good to my ears. There's maybe a very slight boost in the lows, but I'm really not sure. Maybe it's just a better seal than before when in traffic.
Really don't know what Audeze was thinking putting such pads on this good a headphone. The looks, I guess.

Thanks for the input. I got fed up with the comfort of the stock pads so I am also going down the route of pad changes/discovery. I already have the Brianwaves Angled but they are a tad to big in my opinion for outdoor wear. I'm interested in the CALS. Do you have any pics of the loose fitment issue. I want to see if I could live with it. Thanks

Apr 4, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #4,385 of 4,775
My angled sheepskin HM5 pads colored the sound loads. The bass became overbearing to say the least.

I'll see if I can snap some photos tomorrow.

Apr 5, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #4,386 of 4,775
Thanks for the input. I got fed up with the comfort of the stock pads so I am also going down the route of pad changes/discovery. I already have the Brianwaves Angled but they are a tad to big in my opinion for outdoor wear. I'm interested in the CALS. Do you have any pics of the loose fitment issue. I want to see if I could live with it. Thanks
Momentum 1 or 2 pads also fit very well. Over ear version.

Apr 6, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #4,387 of 4,775
I have two pairs of the V1 Momentums - haven't tried those yet. Those pads seem way thicker than the CAL pads from their looks. I'd think that larger ear-to-driver distance was the reason my (angled sheepskin) HM5 pads were so overblown in the bass dept.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #4,388 of 4,775
So, here's a few pics with the CAL! pads.

Photo 06-04-2019, 20.43.18.jpg Photo 06-04-2019, 20.44.32.jpg Photo 06-04-2019, 20.45.58.jpg

Apr 11, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #4,389 of 4,775
i sold my sine lightning to coworker and he is saying it is becoming less loud, like becoming harder to drive. from my reading seems to be pretty common on this model. i later picked up another one and both side has crunchy sound and it's pretty hard to drive, not very sensitive which not supposed to be.

May 9, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #4,390 of 4,775
Driver crackling sound (and possible fix)

I was listening to my Sine DX quite often recently, comparing its sound to that of my newly acquired iSIne10. Earlier tonight I found there was a crackling sound on my right side driver when I was putting on / taking off my Sine DX.

I figured the crackling sound actually happened whenever I compressed/decompressed the right side earpads, even at an angle to my ear when there wasn't a complete seal. I wondered if the crackling sound was actually from the earpad, not from the driver.

I was using aftermarket Skullcandy Aviator earpads on my Sine DX. When I did the pad installation, I trimmed down the seam of the Aviator pads before putting on the Sine DX. The trimming was done tiny bit more on the left earpad (more loose fitting) and less on the right earpad (tighter fitting).

Since I suspect the crackling sound is actually from the earpad, I pulled off the right side earpad and trimmed down the seam a tiny bit more, making it the same loose fitting as the left earpad. When it was done, I put the earpad back on and tried putting on/offf the Sine DX again. Vola! No more crackling sound from the right side!

So I think the crackling sound was caused by air being trapped inside the earpad.

For those who are using the stock pads and experiencing crackling sound, they may want to cut a small notch on the earpad seam, to allow a way out for any trapped air.

Jun 6, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #4,393 of 4,775
Okay, so do we have a general consensus as to which pads sound best with these? I'm using a set of genuine Msr7 pads, but I feel like there has to be a better option. Hoping someone can help.

Jun 9, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #4,394 of 4,775
My original pads are “dead”...
Please some recommendations... I admit I have a very long time since I visited this thread and I must read back but if you please some recommendations would be great.
On or over ear ... and for sure not at all laid back sound signature wise...

Thank you in advance!

Jun 9, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #4,395 of 4,775
I'm using msr7 pads and they are ok, but I think I'll buy the Creative Aurvana Live pads that, more than once, says be a better option

Users who are viewing this thread

Back