Audeze SINE Series
May 18, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #4,142 of 4,774
May 18, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #4,143 of 4,774
I’ve seen some people say their favorite Audeze headphone signature is the Sine with Cipher, which is probably because it has a very detailed sound that’s still fun. Hoping Mobius is even better, especially since most of my listening is 256kbps AAC so I can get by with Bluetooth. (Not paying for Tidal. lol)

I would’ve bought Sine again in a heartbeat if it wasn’t for Mobius.

May 18, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #4,144 of 4,774
I’ve seen some people say their favorite Audeze headphone signature is the Sine with Cipher, which is probably because it has a very detailed sound that’s still fun.

My favorite sound is Sine + Cayin C5 with bass boost which has a similar signature as cipher but with lot more detail and layered imaging and a wider soundstage.

May 18, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #4,145 of 4,774
I’ve seen some people say their favorite Audeze headphone signature is the Sine with Cipher, which is probably because it has a very detailed sound that’s still fun. Hoping Mobius is even better, especially since most of my listening is 256kbps AAC so I can get by with Bluetooth. (Not paying for Tidal. lol)

I would’ve bought Sine again in a heartbeat if it wasn’t for Mobius.
I actually bought the Sine as a way to test whether I wanted to get Mobius. Now I’m going to decide whether to hang on to these, but I’ve decided to get Mobius. I am frustrated by the game headset space in that there’s not a good wireless option that works on all platforms, Dolby decoding is hard to come by, etc. I think Mobius does enough for what it is to warrant a purchase rather than waiting for the mythical perfect headset.

May 18, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #4,146 of 4,774
I actually bought the Sine as a way to test whether I wanted to get Mobius. Now I’m going to decide whether to hang on to these, but I’ve decided to get Mobius. I am frustrated by the game headset space in that there’s not a good wireless option that works on all platforms, Dolby decoding is hard to come by, etc. I think Mobius does enough for what it is to warrant a purchase rather than waiting for the mythical perfect headset.

big shame no way to by pass electronics inside mobius. but if dac of mobius good enough, could dump mojo/hugo too.

May 20, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #4,147 of 4,774
I think this headphone really hits close to what I think is neutral on a Harman graph

output.png

Looks a lot worse than it actually is. The 100-1000Hz region is relatively tuned with its 3.5Khz peak region the same as the Harman target does. A 10-13dB peak as it is supposed. And the 6Khz notch that I think is also desirable is there. Overall if you read the graph more carefully, with each parts working together instead of just looking at them separately, it looks very neutral.

May 21, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #4,151 of 4,774
Only reason I am not getting the Mobius is because the headphone doesn't work wired without being charged. As a portable, 4 hours battery life is unacceptable. Even if the Mobius is better, the Sine is the better portable.

Where are you seeing 4 hours of battery life? Audeze says 10?

May 21, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #4,152 of 4,774
Sine uses a 70mm driver and Mobius offers ten hours of battery life with head-tracking on. Audeze hasn’t released the battery life spec for music listening with the processing turned off.

May 22, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #4,153 of 4,774
Sine uses a 70mm driver and Mobius offers ten hours of battery life with head-tracking on. Audeze hasn’t released the battery life spec for music listening with the processing turned off.

yep, really interested to know what if all the bell and whistles switched off and use as pure bluetooth headphones, how long the battery would last.

the only features i think is missing in this iteration i reckon is active noise cancelling and apt-x, by-pass all electronics and passive use without power. shall it has these too that would be the end-game, and no need to bring different gears for different purposes.

May 22, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #4,154 of 4,774
Just wanted to throw in my two cents about the comfort: While its definitely no over ear in comfort level, I find that on my head I can wear the Sines from morning until lunch, then after lunch till clock out time without having to take them off. Maybe my eartips may get a little bit sore, but it isnt too uncomfortable. In a way they are pretty comfortable for an on ear, putting pressure all along the edges of my ear(and along the edge of my face in front of my ear) instead of concentrating them in a small circle over my oval shaped ears like most onears do. They are definitely less comfortable than the T51p which has a lighter clamp and much softer pads, but it is a heck of a lot better feeling than the Vmoda M100 pads. i find that if you angle the pads so that the pressure on your ear and the pressure on the edge of your cheek is about equal its relatively comfortable. That said i do have some m50x pads from dekoni that i want to throw on there. Hopefully they dont change the tuning haha

May 23, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #4,155 of 4,774
Just wanted to throw in my two cents about the comfort: While its definitely no over ear in comfort level, I find that on my head I can wear the Sines from morning until lunch, then after lunch till clock out time without having to take them off. Maybe my eartips may get a little bit sore, but it isnt too uncomfortable. In a way they are pretty comfortable for an on ear, putting pressure all along the edges of my ear(and along the edge of my face in front of my ear) instead of concentrating them in a small circle over my oval shaped ears like most onears do. They are definitely less comfortable than the T51p which has a lighter clamp and much softer pads, but it is a heck of a lot better feeling than the Vmoda M100 pads. i find that if you angle the pads so that the pressure on your ear and the pressure on the edge of your cheek is about equal its relatively comfortable. That said i do have some m50x pads from dekoni that i want to throw on there. Hopefully they dont change the tuning haha

for comfort and portability , try to use sennheiser momentum 1 pads. they are ok ish. for complete comfort, add lcd-2 pads in between. but of course, would have extra pads to carry and looks bit dorky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back