Audeze SINE Series
Oct 26, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #2,791 of 4,775
Still very solid. I almost snap mine once when stretching too hard though, but as it is all metal, it can bend back without issue (I think). That's an extreme case of mine.
biggrin.gif

I have mylar sheet noise on my right ear cup, but I don't see it as issue much, hopefully. What's weird is my friends can't hear this noise with my Sine.

That said, I didn't use my Sine too much due to comfort and I don't quite like the sound with over-ear pads. So my Sine is mostly reside inside a hardcase now.

I was in same boat as you but MSR7 pads solved comfort issue. Loving Sine again.

Oct 26, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #2,792 of 4,775
I heard the sine recently through 3.5mm iphone 6S and the lightning connector through Cipher cable. I highly prefer the sound from Cipher than the 3.5mm headphone jet. 

Has anyone compares the Sine with EL8 open/close? If the difference not huge im ready to get myself the Sine asap for daily portable use. 

Oct 27, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #2,793 of 4,775
Yeah, Sines are quite "middy" with the 3,5mm cable and on some tunes a smartphone won't provide enough volume.

That EQ-app really does wonders to get more sparkle and oomph. After several months of use I always have few db cut @ 125hz, it seems make the bass more clear and snappy. Maybe it's the housing doing some reflections, I don't know. 1-2 db boost @ the two lower bands gives them nice heft, but doesn't make them "basshead-territory" imo. The highs are a bit laid back, and a 1db boost from 4k up helps lots.

The Sines have served me very well, they've basically left my Momentum, FSP and UE9000 with little ear-time. 

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #2,796 of 4,775
Can someone please tell me what connector is used for the cipher cable to the headphones? Is it a mini XLR? Thanks.

They are regular 3.5 mm plugs. 

Oct 28, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #2,800 of 4,775
Oct 30, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #2,802 of 4,775
+1 on the Brainwavz angled earpads!

Brainwavz Angled Memory Foam Earpad - Suitable For Large Over The Ear Headphones - AKG, HifiMan, ATH, Philips, Fostex https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZY8PGJI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5CJfybF00Q0FW

I just put them on a couple of days ago and wow!
I have to say I'm impressed. Comfort and sound have gone up a couple of notches. Soundstage has grown!
My eq setting has returned to flat.
I was worried they'd be too loose but they went on and are staying on just fine.
I don't want to get too involved with details but they are giving my ether c's a run for the money for general use.
Sound signature is slightly more "fun". Kind of like watching hd slightly in vivid mode still with great definition.
Ether c's are a bit more detailed but it's gotten closer than with the stock pads.
Sounds great with the cipher cable and excellent out of the mojo.
Can't think of $30 better spent!

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #2,803 of 4,775
I listened to a SINE a few weeks back at a local store, and I was mesmerized by the amount of intimacy and "neutral warmth" ( ... ) they manage to draw from their rather small soundstage. Especially compared to the EL-8C and LCD-XC, which are a leap from SINE's chamber to a philharmonic stage in my opinion. I was not terribly missing out on the high resolution that a more expensive planar headphone would buy me, and went on to be amazed at how readily and emphatically the SINE could position different instruments and play out their emotional intentions - without slurring into the implausible, it seemed.

Then, however, I noticed that this happened only with saddened passages or those written in minor. With upbeat or major emotions, the emphasis was sorely missing. Songs that I've listened to hundreds of times, in hundreds of circumstances and dozens of qualities, suddenly turned from multi-layered into elegiac; voices that bursted with life sounded as if they were revealing lots of abdominal pain (with a healthy dosis of life in there, still).

Was it just the pair in exposition that I've listened to, or has anyone else an idea of what I experienced? Might it be the recession in the lower and higher treble in SINE's frequency response? If a SINE existed without this bias, it might be the last thing that could save me from emptying my pockets for an EL-8C or XC...

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #2,804 of 4,775
+1 on the Brainwavz angled earpads!

Brainwavz Angled Memory Foam Earpad - Suitable For Large Over The Ear Headphones - AKG, HifiMan, ATH, Philips, Fostex https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZY8PGJI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5CJfybF00Q0FW

I just put them on a couple of days ago and wow!
I have to say I'm impressed. Comfort and sound have gone up a couple of notches. Soundstage has grown!
My eq setting has returned to flat.
I was worried they'd be too loose but they went on and are staying on just fine.
I don't want to get too involved with details but they are giving my ether c's a run for the money for general use.
Sound signature is slightly more "fun". Kind of like watching hd slightly in vivid mode still with great definition.
Ether c's are a bit more detailed but it's gotten closer than with the stock pads.
Sounds great with the cipher cable and excellent out of the mojo.
Can't think of $30 better spent!
does it need adapters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back