Audeze SINE Series
Oct 17, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #2,747 of 4,775
What app has been proven to do this? Generally iPhones are 48kHz max.

Hmmm I used Vox player(Audeze recommended) https://www.audeze.com/cipher-guide and I was able to play 24/192 file. It didn't show any downsample info.

Oct 17, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #2,748 of 4,775

WhenI use the Onkyo App my iPhone 6 can play 24/192 files stand alone...
Downsampling is automatic.

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #2,749 of 4,775
Is it downsampling to 96?

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #2,750 of 4,775
@Jbmorrey  Please send an email to support@audeze.com with details of the song and we will check it out to see if there is any distortion in it
Quote:

Well I've been doing a little troubleshooting.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the Audeze App.
Song still distorts, but not quite as much this time, and in a slightly different part of the song (about 18 seconds in as well)
Downloaded free trial of Tidal and listened to song, under their "Normal" setting, there was no distortion through the cipher cable
Listened to song through Youtube video and also no distortion in song.

The song though overall, has a better sound quality using Spotify Extreme quality setting, outside of the distorting, so I want to continue to use Spotify.

Could this be a Spotify issue on this song? I switched my spotify to normal mode and song still distorted in about the same parts.
I just do not want to use Tidal, simply because the cost monthly is over 2x as much, but it does not make sense that the song is only distorting while using the Cipher cable and not also the 3.5 cable.

Anyone who uses SPOTIFY can verify this issue.

Thanks,
James

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Oct 17, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #2,751 of 4,775

Your suggestion of reaching out to customer support was done about 2 weeks ago through the website, I first reached out to customer support to try and determine if this was normal for the cable, or not. I have not heard back from them so my faith in sending them another email expecting a response is not exactly high. I have returned the sines with the Cipher cable just to be safe as I am pretty sure it was a pair of defective cable and since then, I reached out to customer support again inquiring on the potential status of a Cipher cable as an accessory to work with the iphone7, and have not heard a response as of yet.

James

Oct 18, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #2,753 of 4,775
I contacted Audeze support and they told me that Cipher Cable supports up to 24/48

Oct 18, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #2,754 of 4,775
I thought for a long time that Sines are not "mini-LCDs" - but dang it. Actually they are by far the closest thing I've found to date (to match my 2.1s). With a very slight bass and treble boost they get oh-so close - my Momentums sound extremely muffled in comparison - a db or two boost would not fix that.

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #2,756 of 4,775
Do we have other options of earpads other than vesper audio

The Sine with the stock pads were unbearable for the first month. After that they magically loosened up and now they are really comfortable.

Try Brainwavz pads with the adapter designed by one of the Head-fi members in this forum. Please note, they will change the sound which you may or may not like at the end.

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #2,758 of 4,775
To me, the treble is not strong at all. Are you using the cipher cable or some other amp? If you are using the cipher, you can use the eq to adjust the treble.
Also, placing a thin foam sheet inside the earcups may dampen the treble. I don't think, any of the other earpads will reduce treble that much (the sound changes are subtle), definitely not the Brainwavz pads, which I have tried.

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #2,759 of 4,775
So the Audeze sine is standing out as a favorite portable headphone for me. I am thinking of looking into an IEM, any opinions or how to describe the Sines sound signature and what IEM's are close to comparable to them. i am just having trouble answering the question as to what sound signature I lean towards. I like my Stax sr207, ZMF Omni's and sines.

Thanks,
James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back