Audeze SINE Series
Aug 17, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #2,326 of 4,775
  Just wanted to follow up on my cable search. I found the Denon AD600 and AD7100 cable is the same cable that the Sine uses and you can get it for about $21 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KX5P06G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is a 6 foot cable and is pretty high quality, with a rubber-ish upper mono wrap and braided wrap below. It's much easier to use than the stock Sine cables which I found very springy, wide and annoying.

you could take out the whole pads and put those stuff inside the pleather above the memory foam.  pls remember to stitch the seam with thread.  i have hand stitched mine.  i just put half at the back side, to make it slightly angled.

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #2,327 of 4,775
I asked Vesper audio to make some thick thick THICK velour Earpads for my Sine and this is what they made:

I asked for 3cm thick pads..........I'm noticing an increased soundstage but a volume drop and a slight loss of mids.

I think I'll ask for 2cm velours next and also some 2cm leathers.

Hey dude, that's looks awesome. :) Is that over-ear or still on ear?

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #2,328 of 4,775
  I apologize in advance if you've already addressed this but I've gotta know what's going on inside those ear cups buddy! Additionally, what's the impact on the comfort, seal, and sound signature???

Haha. It's a thin layer of craft foam that I cut into two half ovals and slipped under the pads to give it a little more wiggle room so my ears can fit under the pads and a bit of cushion for my head/ears. It helps comfort a bit, doesn't seem to affect seal, if not giving you a tad bit more. Sound doesnt really change as far as I can tell.

https://www.michaels.com/creatology-foam-sheet-12x18/M10597609.html

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #2,330 of 4,775
  For those looking for a case, I picked up the geekaria ejb5401 and it fits the Audeze Sines perfectly. It comes with a removable pouch that velcros into the case in any position. It closes with the cables installed, though just barely. This is the Black outer/white inner model. It's about $18 on Amazon.

Thanks for this.  I just ordered this yesterday off your recommendation.  Can't wait for it to come in. 

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #2,331 of 4,775
I know I'm late to the party but I think this case is awesome for the Sine. It's a little pricey but well worth it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JQ2SZ4G/ref=sxts1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471625585&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #2,333 of 4,775
When on-the-go, I find the Sines need to be pretty tight on my head (with the headband adjustment). Otherwise the weight makes them move around and make the volume jump up & down. Is this the "magnetic flux" or whatever in action, btw?? They seem to be more stable when I wear a cap :) 

I still find the comfort slightly lacking, but they've gotten better after use. The pads should simply be thicker, like the ones on Momentum V1 - leather feels better too. It's still by far the cleanest and most resolving portable I've had, by a pretty large margin. It's the only one of this size I very happily use at home too, right next to my full-sized phones.

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #2,334 of 4,775
  When on-the-go, I find the Sines need to be pretty tight on my head (with the headband adjustment). Otherwise the weight makes them move around and make the volume jump up & down. Is this the "magnetic flux" or whatever in action, btw?? They seem to be more stable when I wear a cap :) 

I still find the comfort slightly lacking, but they've gotten better after use. The pads should simply be thicker, like the ones on Momentum V1 - leather feels better too. It's still by far the cleanest and most resolving portable I've had, by a pretty large margin. It's the only one of this size I very happily use at home too, right next to my full-sized phones.

yes, i found mine the same.  volume up and down as i even move my head a bit.

it's not genuine leather.  sine has protein leather.  verified by taking the pads off, the pleather of sine has fabric backing.

Aug 20, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #2,335 of 4,775
Guys, a project I've been working on is ready to share - Earpad Adapters for the Sine!

EDIT: I am no longer printing these, but I have made these available for free on my Thingiverse Page: https://www.thingiverse.com/ggabriele3/designs

These are intended to solve the problem of the Sine cup being too small to hold larger ear pads in place. These are my own 3D printed design, non-destructive, and simple to install. They have a small cutout that makes it possible to slip them into the groove already on the headphone, plus a small ridge on the outside to give them some added strength.

This version adds just enough material to make it possible to fit over-ear pads on the Sine, without screwing up the looks or function of the headphone. Pictured here are Audio-Technica MSR7 pads (M50 pads are the same size). Note that they maintain the same general triangular shape of the cup.

One MSR7 pad mounted for comparison, with the adapter below:

The adapter mounted on the Sine:

Side view, so you can see how much material is added:

With both pads mounted:

Impressions: the Sine is VASTLY more comfortable with over-ear pads.

Future Possibilities:
- Larger adapters, for HM5 pads or similar. I have one of these made, but it's a bit overkill for this headphone IMO.
- Spacer Inserts: these could benefit from a *bit* more space between the driver and ear. I have made these too, though I'm always hesitant to push the distance too much. A 2mm spacer inside the earpad might be nice.

Thoughts / Suggestions?

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #2,336 of 4,775
Guys, a project I've been working on is ready to share - Earpad Adapters for the Sine!
That's awesome! Let me know if you're going to be selling these

These are intended to solve the problem of the Sine cup being too small to hold ear pads in place. These are my own 3D printed design, non-destructive, and simple to install. They have a small cutout that makes it possible to slip them into the groove already on the headphone, plus a small ridge on the outside to give them some added strength.

This version adds just enough material to make it possible to fit over-ear pads on the Sine, without screwing up the looks or function of the headphone. Pictured here are Audio-Technica MSR7 pads (M50 pads are the same size). Note that they maintain the same general triangular shape of the cup.

With both pads mounted:

Future Possibilities: 
Larger adapters, for HM5 pads or similar. I have one of these made, but it's a bit overkill for this headphone IMO.
- Spacer Inserts: these could benefit from a *bit* more space between the driver and ear. I have made these too, though I'm always hesitant to push the distance too much. A 2mm spacer inside the earpad might be nice.

Thoughts / Suggestions?

Aug 20, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #2,338 of 4,775

These are intended to solve the problem of the Sine cup being too small to hold ear pads in place. These are my own 3D printed design, non-destructive, and simple to install. They have a small cutout that makes it possible to slip them into the groove already on the headphone, plus a small ridge on the outside to give them some added strength.

With both pads mounted:

Future Possibilities: 
Larger adapters, for HM5 pads or similar. I have one of these made, but it's a bit overkill for this headphone IMO.

Thoughts / Suggestions?

How do I place my order? These look great. Bet they're comfy, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back