Audeze SINE Series
Jul 5, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #1,726 of 4,775
So I got the FiiO A1 now, and early impressions are pretty positive:

- Base setting has enough bass boost to make the Sine punchier in the low-end
- Amplification level isn't as high as I hoped although it's definitely better than the 6P's max volume
- Overall warmer sound with more forward vocals, some details are lost but it's expected for a $30 amp

I'll have a used X1 coming in tomorrow and I'll make another comparison.

Jul 6, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #1,727 of 4,775
hmmm Audeze claims Sine comes with 
  1. Premium leather for style and durability

but i have seen some youtube videos and people say ear pads are not made of real leather but of something like protein leather, some kind of synthetic leather.

so is it real leather on ear pads or not ??

Jul 6, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #1,729 of 4,775

but i have seen some youtube videos and people say ear pads are not made of real leather but of something like protein leather, some kind of synthetic leather.

The headband and the cups are real leather.

Jul 6, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #1,730 of 4,775

The pads are protein leather but the headband and cup enclosure are genuine leather (hence style and durability - u can't say the pads have anything to do with style can u lol).

Jul 6, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #1,732 of 4,775
Adorama is still offering Sine with standard cable (NOT cipher) for $349 after coupon. That's the best price I've seen.

RazorDogAudio still has "demo unit" non-Cypher Sines for $359 shipped, got mine from them.

I can't even tell this is a demo unit still it looks new with everything in it, including the protective film on the headband and cups :v

Jul 6, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #1,733 of 4,775
  Will the Cipher cable play nice with say a 7th gen iPod Nano??  Just curious.

No, don't believe so. While Nano does indeed have a lightning port, it does not allow apps like iPod Touch/iPhone/etc. Those apps are what's needed to bypass the internal DAC...send through the lightning...and let the Cipher DAC take control. And because you can't add apps to Nano, you can't add the Audeze/Cipher app which you're prompted to do as soon as you plug it in the first time to the other aforementioned devices.

Jul 6, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #1,735 of 4,775
  The CIPHER Lightning Cable works fine on its own without the EQ app. The app takes it a step further with 10-band EQ and two memory positions. The settings travel with the cable; if you change sources it remains the same. 

Nice. Any word on a USB version of the Cipher? I'd love to have it for my Android devices. Pretty sure there's a large potential market for one.

Jul 6, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #1,738 of 4,775
Just got myself a pair. I'm very happy with the sound quality, especially the kicking bass and overall resolution. The Cipher cable clearly adds some bass (Is there maybe a preset EQ there? It would be cool to know what it is). The highs are very nicely proportioned, I was fearing they'd be too hot. Mids are of good quality too, maybe a hair too forward with the 3,5mm cable. I haven't compared the cables with the same device yet. BTW, these are very early impressions.

But what is this? The sound goes out when I push the cups against my head. It also gets louder when I slowly pull them off my ears. Does the same thing with both sides and both cables. I can live this, but it is weird. Has anyone else noticed this?

Could this have something to with the closed in planar drivers? I think I noticed the same thing with a test pair at the store.

E: Damn, that EQ app works very nicely!

Jul 6, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #1,739 of 4,775
It seems that sound cutting/crackling on adjustment of the earcups is a common thing. I've experienced it once, but now I've been careful putting on and removing my Sine and it hasn't exhibited that problem ever since.

Jul 6, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #1,740 of 4,775
Just got myself a pair. I'm very happy with the sound quality, especially the kicking bass and overall resolution. The Cipher cable clearly adds some bass (Is there maybe a preset EQ there? It would be cool to know what it is). The highs are very nicely proportioned, I was fearing they'd be too hot. Mids are of good quality too, maybe a hair too forward with the 3,5mm cable. I haven't compared the cables with the same device yet. BTW, these are very early impressions.
[COLOR=AEC3DA]
[/COLOR]But what is this? The sound goes out when I push the cups against my head. It also gets louder when I slowly pull them off my ears. Does the same thing with both sides and both cables. I can live this, but it is weird. Has anyone else noticed this?[COLOR=AEC3DA]
[/COLOR][COLOR=AEC3DA]
[/COLOR]
Could this have something to with the closed in planar drivers? I think I noticed the same thing with a test pair at the store.

E: Damn, that EQ app works very nicely!

If I'm not mistaken the sound goes in and out when you push on the pads because of the magnets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back