Audeze SINE Series
Mar 21, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #346 of 4,775
To those finding the Sine 'boring' what volume are you listening to them at? I think they can definitely sound unengaging and less lively from 9 Oclock to 12 Oclock on the volume dial. In contrast I usually have the volume at 2 Oclock to 3. Just brings everything into the picture clearly (dynamics, slam, impact, enjoyability etc.) These cans were made to be played loud

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #347 of 4,775
To those finding the Sine 'boring' what volume are you listening to them at? I think they can definitely sound unengaging and less lively from 9 Oclock to 12 Oclock on the volume dial. In contrast I usually have the volume at 2 Oclock to 3. Just brings everything into the picture clearly (dynamics, slam, impact, enjoyably etc.) These cans were made to be played loud

from 1 to the 11...I tried every volume that my ears can handle, so that's not the issue.

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #348 of 4,775

from 1 to the 11...I tried every volume that my ears can handle, so that's not the issue.

Sounds like they are tuned closer to the PM3 than has been stated. Do you find the treble to be where the lack of engagement is? I did find the PM3 became more engaging when I allowed my brain to acclimate to the signature, but for sure the treble was rolled off enough to be noticeable. Not sure if that is the case with the Sine or not.

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #350 of 4,775
Hi, been following this thread lately. I've been looking for a reason to replace my Sennheiser hd25 w/ the Sine as my main on-ear headphones. But so far, I'm still on the fence buying these. Anyone compared these to any existing on-ear headphones (not the over ear ones like the pm3)? Thanks.

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #351 of 4,775
  Hi, been following this thread lately. I've been looking for a reason to replace my Sennheiser hd25 w/ the Sine as my main on-ear headphones. But so far, I'm still on the fence buying these. Anyone compared these to any existing on-ear headphones (not the over ear ones like the pm3)? Thanks.

They blow the Senn momentums (on-ear, version 1) out of the water, but that's to be expected given the price difference.

A lot of people seem to think they're not engaging. I couldn't disagree more - the bass has nice impact and treble has a good amount of sparkle without being harsh to my ears. For me, those two things, combined with smooth and present mids, make for an engaging headphone. Regardless, I'm going to have to return these things. The reason - I just can't do on-ears! They hurt! Even ones that are well designed like the Sine. It's really a shame. Guess I'll just have to save up slowly over the next few decades to buy a Ether C or an LCDXC

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #352 of 4,775
They blow the Senn momentums (on-ear, version 1) out of the water, but that's to be expected given the price difference.

A lot of people seem to think they're not engaging. I couldn't disagree more - the bass has nice impact and treble has a good amount of sparkle without being harsh to my ears. For me, those two things, combined with smooth and present mids, make for an engaging headphone. Regardless, I'm going to have to return these things. The reason - I just can't do on-ears! They hurt! Even ones that are well designed like the Sine. It's really a shame. Guess I'll just have to save up slowly over the next few decades to buy a Ether C or an LCDXC

I totally agree. These are nice little closed headphones! I wear glasses and they do have a tight clamp but that seems to loosen after a while

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #353 of 4,775

yes, if you like smooth none offending sound with almost every song, this could be one of candidates. I liked their form factor and design than their sound.
I have always thought that one of the reasons people getting on-ear phones is their small form factor, they shouln't make you look stupid. in that regard, Sine is outstanding.

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #354 of 4,775
  Sounds like they are tuned closer to the PM3 than has been stated. Do you find the treble to be where the lack of engagement is? I did find the PM3 became more engaging when I allowed my brain to acclimate to the signature, but for sure the treble was rolled off enough to be noticeable. Not sure if that is the case with the Sine or not.

I'm not sure sine has more rolled off treble than pm-3, I will wait for the measurements. but nonetheless feels like sine has less clarity.

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #355 of 4,775
Great thread! I had a quick question ...

Is the cypher cable available yet? Has anyone heard it using the cypher cable? Looking for a great sounding headphone that I can use directly with the iPhone (i.e. without external DAC/ amp etc.).

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #357 of 4,775
i did total of 70 checked after first 24 and sounded a lot better but couldnt really tell much of a difference after that.  I was expecting a lot of difference to PM3 but there int that much too me, enough to keep them but ill use them for different purposes, the Sine will be my on the go portables and PM3 will be for indoors as i dont like open cans.  

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #358 of 4,775
  i did total of 70 checked after first 24 and sounded a lot better but couldnt really tell much of a difference after that.  I was expecting a lot of difference to PM3 but there int that much too me, enough to keep them but ill use them for different purposes, the Sine will be my on the go portables and PM3 will be for indoors as i dont like open cans.  

Hello @michaelgordon

So let's say, that 72 hours (3 days nonstop) can be suitable value for burn-in ? Or maybe even 48 ?
I'd like to buy these headphones, but I'd like to experience "after burn-in" sound rather than hearing "out-of-box" and then be eventually disappointed 
confused.gif

Also, I read in this thread something about using "pink noise" ?
I used YouTube to listen and understand, what it is, and it has something to do with frequency of sound ? Can you help me understand the reason for doing so ?
I think someone mentioned here using pink and and even white sound - again, I heard the difference, but I am not able to understand "magic" behind this.

Thank you,
Bobi

Mar 22, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #359 of 4,775

Hello @michaelgordon

So let's say, that 72 hours (3 days nonstop) can be suitable value for burn-in ? Or maybe even 48 ?
I'd like to buy these headphones, but I'd like to experience "after burn-in" sound rather than hearing "out-of-box" and then be eventually disappointed 
confused.gif

Also, I read in this thread something about using "pink noise" ?
I used YouTube to listen and understand, what it is, and it has something to do with frequency of sound ? Can you help me understand the reason for doing so ?
I think someone mentioned here using pink and and even white sound - again, I heard the difference, but I am not able to understand "magic" behind this.

Thank you,
Bobi

Burn-in is a contentious issue around here, with many (I among them) who think it is your brain that adjusts, or not. It is safest to really think that the sound out of the box is the sound. At least I think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back