Audeze SINE Series
Sep 22, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #3,736 of 4,775
I got my Sines today. They are really good. Still really fun and fast for EDM, but much better for other genres than my specific "fun" cans. I think my cipher cable is somehow messed up though.

At first I noticed mine didnt sound exactly like the one I auditioned at the apple store a couple weeks ago. It sounds really clear with the cipher, but it hiccups and cant process dense material at all. It stutters. Never heard a headphone do this. Like when processing dense EDM, with lots of sounds and vocals in the same timeframe, the vocals will cut out.

Then I plugged it into my fiio A5 with the standard chord. Although less clear, it doesnt stutter and skip out at all. Bass comes alive from the Fiio too.

Keepers for sure. Just gonna warranty the cipher cable, unless is works itself out.

Sep 27, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #3,740 of 4,775
absolutely like the sine , this thread is really long so can i ask what is advised to get the best of it

1- which are the best pads for comfort without causing a negative effect on sound quality
2- third party cables to go balanced 2.5 mm

Oct 8, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #3,742 of 4,775
i think the audeze app needs an update as sometimes the cipher does not respond to eq changes although its connected
i wonder if audeze would look into implementing a parametric eq

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #3,744 of 4,775
The MrSpeakers AEON would be the most direct upgrade that I've heard. It has those beautiful mids of the Audeze, but it adds deeper bass extension, and a smoother, more extended treble. The comfort of the AEONs is also a 180 from the SINEs, the former are extremely comfortable and a dream to wear. I use them in a portable set-up, but they are a bit large.

Were you looking to stick with a similar sound signature as the SINEs?

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #3,745 of 4,775
hi guys, have been using the Sine for over a year now. Looking forward for a significant upgrade with >1000$ budget. Any ideas? as long as it's portable (full sized on ear or IEM doesn't matter).

Thank you!

CA Andromeda. Very resolving and fun IEM. More comfortable and portable then the Sine.

Oct 12, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #3,747 of 4,775
I like the sound signature of the Sine, but a better soundstage and a much better comfort would be nice.

AKG K872 are big, but very well sealed however they almost sound open. Better than the sines in almost every way, but a little different sound signature. They are significantly more sensitive than the sinesb which is useful on phones.

The cable is too long, so I'm making a new one once I get the Lemo connector.

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #3,748 of 4,775
I cant say small, in fact it does alter the sound sig. If you really like the mids in stock pads which really upfront and thick sounding, i dont think you'd like with hm5 pads because it sounds "bit" laid back and revealing. As it sometimes get sibilant with bad recordings

Some of my friends who use he500 and he400i really like the sound with hm5 pads. Which has noticably larger soundstage, fuller sound due to improved sub bass, and nice attack of treble. The detail also improved

I put thin foam behind the hm5 pads, it improves further.

Oct 17, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #3,749 of 4,775
i think the audeze app needs an update as sometimes the cipher does not respond to eq changes although its connected
i wonder if audeze would look into implementing a parametric eq

We have identified an issue that caused the App to stop responding when switching between apps on iOS 11. We have a fix and have submitted the updated App for review, the fix will be available ass soon as the App is approved.

Regarding Parametric EQ, we have thought about it and the DSP supports it but we do not have plans of implementing it for now.

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #3,750 of 4,775
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back