Audeze SINE Series
Oct 30, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #2,807 of 4,775

Was it just the pair in exposition that I've listened to, or has anyone else an idea of what I experienced? Might it be the recession in the lower and higher treble in SINE's frequency response? If a SINE existed without this bias, it might be the last thing that could save me from emptying my pockets for an EL-8C or XC...

2 things: sad music is generally better than happy music, so that may account for your experience. And: use the Sine's Cipher cable app to equalize FR to your liking.

Nov 2, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #2,811 of 4,775

I don't think it improves the isolation but it doesn't hurt it either.

I agree!

I received my Vesper Audio leather/alcantara two days ago.
For me the sound is the same as the stock pads on it's best day. The issue with the stocks is it moves too much and messes up the good position.
The VA Pads stick much better to the head and the confort is much better. They are a little hotter than the stocks but no sweating issue due to the alcantara finish on the part that touches the head.

Nov 2, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #2,812 of 4,775
I agree!

I received my Vesper Audio leather/alcantara two days ago.
For me the sound is the same as the stock pads on it's best day. The issue with the stocks is it moves too much and messes up the good position.
The VA Pads stick much better to the head and the confort is much better. They are a little hotter than the stocks but no sweating issue due to the alcantara finish on the part that touches the head.

Are the pads in the picture on ear or over ear

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #2,816 of 4,775
A longer thicker cable with fabric shielding would be most welcomed!
I bet audeze did not intend It to be used at home with your main rig, sitting in a chair few feet away from amp, sine being portable and all...

But I end up using Sine from my home system more and more, isolation for home is superb, and I am enjoying Sine tonality, something about its character that makes me want to listen to it more and more.

ZZ Top straight out of Spotify sounds enjoyable all of the sudden, and those guys didn't bother making a good recordings...
Sine is very forgivable to poor recordings and simply lets the music flow so effortlessly, who could think that I would spend most of my time with a pair of portable on-ears AT HOME :cool:

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #2,817 of 4,775
By the way, whoever is curious about Sine but don't have the money, audition Yamaha mt220! Mt220 and Sine share a lot in common...

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #2,818 of 4,775
By the way, whoever is curious about Sine but don't have the money, audition Yamaha mt220! Mt220 and Sine share a lot in common...

Sine has better clarity and Yamaha MT220 has more bass

Nov 3, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #2,819 of 4,775
I wasn't realy speaking about things like bass quantity or clarity , rather sound character as a whole and it's flavor , it's " personality"
Mt220 reminds me of Sine, both have warm fluid silky smooth sound while being detailed and clean sounding, both have great dynamic and punch! Bold with authority yet refine and delicate... both could listen to for 8 hours straight and never fatigue ....

As for bass, mt220 don't have more bass in terms of driver tuning , mt220 is full size headphone, it's simply bigger, bigger cups bigger driver.
If sine was made as full size headphone as mt220 or mt220 as on-ear as Sine, they would have same amount of bass.
As driver tuning goes...

Now clarity I agree with you, Sine is more resolving and refine, that effortless sound Planars are known for, specially in bass area, mt220 has more thump to bass, Sine has more define better and more sofisticated layered bass that goes deeper... but quantity is about same...

I don't mean to say mt220 in the same league with Sine and could replace it, all thou for 150eu you get a lot of sound, and a taste of Sine character flavor.
People who are looking for closed back headphone and easy to drive, and want sound character of Sine without spending more then few hundred euro should definetly audition mt220!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back