Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Sep 22, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #6,243 of 7,191
Sep 27, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #6,244 of 7,191
This is the URL that the audeze apps check to see if there is new software available; it's not really a "website for humans", but a file hosted by Amazon S3 (a cloud storage system).

Sep 27, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #6,245 of 7,191
God, i just got a replacement unit from Audeze in order to try fixing my Bluetooth problems (completely unchanged), but now i get the left ear wooshing that other people mentioned (now i understand what it's like, it's really like wind noises)...

Sep 28, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #6,248 of 7,191
At all times, for me a few mins after they are first powered on for the day.
Hello. Not sure if anyone has dug into this....do you get it when:

Wireless dongle
Built in Bluetooth on PC/Mac
Bluetooth mobile device
Physical Aux connection
All of above with microphone switch physically Off and On

For the record I get a very slight background noise, kind of like listening into a sea-shell unless I physically turn off the mic. This happens regardless of connection and regardless whether microphone is plugged in of not. Turning off the sidetone mic-monitoring diminishes the sound. Turning down the gain of either sidetone monitor or the microphone itself has no impact at all.

This is leading me to believe that at least for the lower seashell effect it's the microphone gain/monitoring circuit which is at fault.

Sep 29, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #6,251 of 7,191
Anyone tried any better windsocks for the mic? I get breathing noise and I want to keep the mic close to my mouth for clarity. Anything better out there?
Hi

I only get heavy breathing if I position it incorrectly.

Suggest you read the positioning instructions in the audeze website technical FAQ if you've not already, and then experiment.

The microphone is incredibly directional.
I think you'll want it somewhere just to the left and away from the lower part of your chin/jawline and pointing only at your mouth. Not up or in airstream from your nose.

Just imagine you're Janet Jackson and then move it slightly from there :wink:

Regards Chris

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back