Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
May 15, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #5,911 of 7,191
So I just received my replacement headset the other day for the ones that got bricked with the incorrect Android app update. I'm having an issue with the new pair. When I turn my head like left and right like down towards each of my shoulders the left ear cup makes like a click sound. This is with the headset on or off. It's annoying and for 300 dollars I don't exact to hear a noise any time I move my head down towards my shoulder. Anyone know what may be causing this or have had this problem?

May 17, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #5,913 of 7,191
I've found more recent PS5 games (specifically, Returnal and Resident Evil Village) make excellent use of 3D audio. Older games, not so much, so I turn 3D audio OFF for older games.

Does anyone have an EQ preset that they genuinely like? I've tried the presets directly from Audeze, but wasn't a fan. Looking for something warm-ish with decent detail and treble bite for gaming.

Here's the one I keep going back to. Sorry I don't have the headphones nearby to open the app and show the exact settings, but here's my preset file for it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19K_ZMDrAN1vNLYk_G1U5HdANH0RabgJB/view?usp=sharing

May 17, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #5,914 of 7,191
Here's the one I keep going back to. Sorry I don't have the headphones nearby to open the app and show the exact settings, but here's my preset file for it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19K_ZMDrAN1vNLYk_G1U5HdANH0RabgJB/view?usp=sharing
this is what that one looks like

1621272857315.png

May 18, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #5,916 of 7,191
So, a few days ago, I was talking with a couple friends on discord. I took the headphones off to go to the toilet and... they snapped. Just like that, the piece that lets the earcups rotate snapped, leaving the earcup hanging by the cable. The headphones were not even 6 months old.
I didn't buy them straight from Audeze, I used one of the dealers they have on their page. They got in contact with Audeze and they said the warranty doesn't cover it because that piece broke because of the usage of too much force trying to force the earcups to rotate the wrong way, which is wrong, I simply took them off like a normal human being takes their headphones off.
The repair costs will be 35€ but that doesn't bug me too much, because they could have easily said that the repair is covered by the warranty but I have to pay for the shipping and it could have been the same in the end. What bugs me is that I either had a faulty pair and they refuse to say the warranty covers it, or these headphones are really so fragile that the little force you apply on them by simply taking them off will make them break with time (again, not even 6 months in this case). Either way from now on, when they come back, I'll be scared of simply taking them off, because if they broke once, they could easily just break again.
IMG_20210514_115821.jpg
IMG_20210514_115850.jpg

May 18, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #5,917 of 7,191
Anyone else Penrose decide to give a beep randomly and then turn volume to max when connected to wireless and Bluetooth?
Not exactly, but what I had a few times is the Bluetooth sending out some notification beep (Google calendar in my case), and this actually affected the wireless (PC) volume which got lower permanently. Also had the opposite yesterday (increased volume after notification). I would think that the beep you mentioned is emitted by the Bluetooth source. I think this might be issues related to the AGC / limiter

May 18, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #5,918 of 7,191
Anyone else Penrose decide to give a beep randomly and then turn volume to max when connected to wireless and Bluetooth?
Yep, pretty much every time I use them with PS5 wireless and bluetooth on Mac. When I pause a youtube video on bluetooth, the beep occurs then I have max or almost max volume.

Some times if I press play quicky after the beep, I can avoid the volume change.

Does not happen again unless I turn the headset off and on, and same situation occurs. In other words, will not occur in the same period that the Penrose stays on.

May 18, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #5,919 of 7,191
I made a Head-Fi account solely so I could ask for this favor. With the recent firmware update for Penrose, all my EQ presets were wiped from the HQ app. I wish I knew this would happen before, because my computer is broken, which means I can't re-download the preset files. Can anyone take screenshots of the EQ settings for some of the presets/write out the settings? I'm really just looking for their "Footsteps" preset settings, but I also use "Ballistic," "EDM," "Warm," and "Gentle & Acoustic." I know this is a tedious thing to ask, but I've tried everything else. Thank you!!

May 18, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #5,920 of 7,191
Yep, pretty much every time I use them with PS5 wireless and bluetooth on Mac. When I pause a youtube video on bluetooth, the beep occurs then I have max or almost max volume.

Some times if I press play quicky after the beep, I can avoid the volume change.

Does not happen again unless I turn the headset off and on, and same situation occurs. In other words, will not occur in the same period that the Penrose stays on.

@Audeze any fix coming for this?

May 19, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #5,923 of 7,191
I made a Head-Fi account solely so I could ask for this favor. With the recent firmware update for Penrose, all my EQ presets were wiped from the HQ app. I wish I knew this would happen before, because my computer is broken, which means I can't re-download the preset files. Can anyone take screenshots of the EQ settings for some of the presets/write out the settings? I'm really just looking for their "Footsteps" preset settings, but I also use "Ballistic," "EDM," "Warm," and "Gentle & Acoustic." I know this is a tedious thing to ask, but
I believe that the last update also fixed the looped "connected" message when you go out of range
I get the Connected message when I go in my kitchen , sometimes several times and I ran the update a few weeks ago !

May 19, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #5,925 of 7,191
So, a few days ago, I was talking with a couple friends on discord. I took the headphones off to go to the toilet and... they snapped. Just like that, the piece that lets the earcups rotate snapped, leaving the earcup hanging by the cable. The headphones were not even 6 months old.
I didn't buy them straight from Audeze, I used one of the dealers they have on their page. They got in contact with Audeze and they said the warranty doesn't cover it because that piece broke because of the usage of too much force trying to force the earcups to rotate the wrong way, which is wrong, I simply took them off like a normal human being takes their headphones off.
The repair costs will be 35€ but that doesn't bug me too much, because they could have easily said that the repair is covered by the warranty but I have to pay for the shipping and it could have been the same in the end. What bugs me is that I either had a faulty pair and they refuse to say the warranty covers it, or these headphones are really so fragile that the little force you apply on them by simply taking them off will make them break with time (again, not even 6 months in this case). Either way from now on, when they come back, I'll be scared of simply taking them off, because if they broke once, they could easily just break again. IMG_20210514_115821.jpgIMG_20210514_115850.jpg

you are the second one here with that problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back