Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
May 10, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #5,886 of 7,191
Can you get a short recording of this, along with any steps that may create the noise, and email them to support@audeze.com?
I’ll send a recording to the email but there’s really no steps in creating the sound. It’s always there from the moment the headset is turned on. i dont even have the mic plugged in and the sound is present. Side tone is off as well. It’s not really noticeable once there’s content playing but if you listen for the whoosh its there. Of course it becomes more evident once there’s no audio coming from the source though.

May 10, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #5,888 of 7,191
What settings do you select with this? Generic headphones and balanced? The options are generic headphones, generic earbuds, and none.

Also is there anybody who can suggest a good EQ for Footsteps?.

I believe the dts:x has a 14 day trial. Playing Warzone, I use the generic headphones/spacious DTS:X setting along with the Audeze footstep preset

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #5,892 of 7,191
Mic is good now on the latest firmware. Connection issues seem to be unresolved, people either have them or don't due to some type of interference or something. From what I've read some have had replacement dongles and some have replaced their headsets to resolve it. Some also disabled 2.4ghz on their routers...which really shouldn't be necessary but that's a different story. I haven't had any connection issues and my access point is three feet from my audeze dongle on series x, PS4 with 2.4 GHz on. The headset is almost perfect for me, but would prefer a higher level of sidetone and swap the game chat/mic button use.

May 11, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #5,893 of 7,191
Connection issues seem to be unresolved
In my case everything is okay. I don't have any connectivity problem at all.

Maybe will be helpful:
1620766552760.png

May 11, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #5,894 of 7,191
I gave up on January and asked for a refund. I now have an Astro A50, but I miss the sound of the penrose x.
is there any improvement since january ?
I had connection issue and the sound of the mic was awful.
Mic is fine. Connection not so much. Some nights I have no issues, others I'll frequently disconnect/reconnect or have crackles and pops. Nothing changes on my setup but the quality and interference comes and goes. Audeze seems unwilling or unable to address the issue.

May 11, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #5,895 of 7,191
Mic is fine. Connection not so much. Some nights I have no issues, others I'll frequently disconnect/reconnect or have crackles and pops. Nothing changes on my setup but the quality and interference comes and goes. Audeze seems unwilling or unable to address the issue.
I think audeze probably has a hard time getting the scenario right because in a lab without much interference they may work fine. There's only 11 available channels of 2.4ghz in the US and most channels bleed about one channel in each direction...meaning if they are on 6, 5-7 could be noisy. Many routers auto adjust the channel nowadays because everyone has wifi in their house, but some may just stay on top of other channels yelling as loud as they can to be heard by the devices. Oddly I have neighbors all around me and lots of wifi channels in use and have no issues. We don't know if audeze has hard locked the channels or if the chip they used was outsourced and does some auto scanning...Have you ever taken your set somewhere else physically like a friend's/work and see if it does it there also? Some here have gotten new dongles and it went away so there may also be some defective ones...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210511-203300.png
    Screenshot_20210511-203300.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back