Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Apr 23, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #5,761 of 7,191
It should be reversed, And the mic monitoring should be adjustable via the app.

The website still states the headset is iOS compatible, which it isn’t and never will be.
The headset works with iOS and is thus compatible. Audio moves in and out of the headset with my iPhone via Bluetooth just fine. It's disingenuous to say otherwise.

Apr 24, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #5,764 of 7,191
The headset works with iOS and is thus compatible. Audio moves in and out of the headset with my iPhone via Bluetooth just fine. It's disingenuous to say otherwise.
The headphones do not connect to the Audeze IOS app. Just because they have bluetooth and you can stream music to them doesn't make them iOS compatible. Audeze themselves have said the headphones are not iOS comapatable, but they never update their marketing materials.

Apr 24, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #5,765 of 7,191
The app is iOS compatible. It works fine with other Audeze products like the cipher cable.
The Audeze HQ app is not compatible for the Penrose though (this is the Penrose thread after all!) - there is not way to adjust Eq like there is on Android?

Surely if you can use headphones to play music (and make phone calls) via Bluetooth on iOS then that makes them iOS compatible (at least the for the main purpose you have a set of headphones for?)

Not having the Eq adjustment via the app just makes part of the feature set unusable on iOS - not the same thing but, the website should make that clear (unless it has been updated to make this obvious?).

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #5,766 of 7,191
Hi guys, mobius owner here, please tell me with the special wireless USB stick the audio quality isn't as good as hi-res over wired USB so I can sleep tonight, thanks.

also does penrose have Hi-Res mode?

-Person who thought they bought a wireless headset and doesn't want to buy an $80 LDAC transmitter

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #5,767 of 7,191
The headphones do not connect to the Audeze IOS app. Just because they have bluetooth and you can stream music to them doesn't make them iOS compatible. Audeze themselves have said the headphones are not iOS comapatable, but they never update their marketing materials.
So then Audeze needs to remove the consoles too? They do not connect to an Audeze app on the consoles because the consoles do not have an Audeze app.

[Citation needed] on Audeze saying the headphones are not iOS compatible. All they said was that the app does not work with Penrose. Headphones work perfectly fine with iOS despite your misunderstanding of what they actually said.

Apr 24, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #5,768 of 7,191
my replacement arrived, since the first penrose I received had already died in the first minutes. my replacement arrived without white noise, without hissing, I am very happy with my headset, although I did not notice a slight difference from my old pair of headphones, it is noted that the details of the sound are really superior. awaiting improvements in the update: penrose x:
- muffled microphone, needs to improve (as everyone knows)
-wheel chatmix volume without having to press to mix.
- update should provide an option for the penrose to have the audio performance setting at the same standard levels as the

Mobius. Audeze HQ Android:
- update app so that users can save and upload ready
-made, and option to make factory recovery. allow the USB port to be recognized as a recovery source via the application if the headset stops responding.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #5,769 of 7,191
meu substituto chegou, pois a primeira penrose que recebi já havia morrido nos primeiros minutos. meu substituto chegou sem um ruído branco, sem um assobio, estou muito feliz com meu fone de ouvido, embora não tenha notado nenhuma diferença significativa em relação aos meus velhos fones de ouvido, note que os detalhes do som são realmente superiores.
aguardando melhorias na atualização:

penrose x:
- microfone abafado, precisa melhorar (como todos sabem)
- wheel chatmix volume sem ter que pressionar para mixar.
- a atualização deve fornecer uma opção para que a penrose tenha as configurações de desempenho de áudio nos mesmos níveis padrão do Mobius.

Audeze HQ Android:
- atualize o aplicativo para que os usuários possam salvar e fazer upload de predefinições prontas e a opção de fazer a recuperação de fábrica.
- permitir que a porta USB seja reconhecida como uma fonte de recuperação por meio do aplicativo se o fone de ouvido parar de responder.
А я могу писать по-русски.

This is English forum.

Apr 25, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #5,771 of 7,191
The Audeze HQ app is not compatible for the Penrose though (this is the Penrose thread after all!) - there is not way to adjust Eq like there is on Android?

Surely if you can use headphones to play music (and make phone calls) via Bluetooth on iOS then that makes them iOS compatible (at least the for the main purpose you have a set of headphones for?)

Not having the Eq adjustment via the app just makes part of the feature set unusable on iOS - not the same thing but, the website should make that clear (unless it has been updated to make this obvious?).
Their original marketing on their website was actually more misleading regarding iOS compatibility (or perhaps more incorrect). I put a post a while back (which I cannot seem to find anymore) that talked about that and showed what their website used to say which can be seen through looking at the relevant page through WayBack Machine. Here is what their website used to say:
"The Audeze HQ app for mobile and desktop systems enables a variety of advanced functionality for the Penrose and Penrose X. Featuring a 10 band graphic EQ interface, sidetone toggling, and real-time voice-to-chat mix for Xbox Series X, Audeze HQ gives gamers unprecedented control over their audio experience."
- See here: https://web.archive.org/web/2020071...ucts/penrose-wireless-planar-magnetic-headset

So it was definitely misleading originally with no mention that an iOS app would not have the same functionality as an Android app, Mac app or PC app etc.

That being said, they made a VERY poor decision not to include the relevant chipset inside their headphones for full iOS app functionality. All the other wireless headphones I've owned over the years have had the ability to upgrade firmware and completely customise the headphones via an iOS app. So it all comes down to a bad design choice.

Apr 25, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #5,772 of 7,191
That being said, they made a VERY poor decision not to include the relevant chipset inside their headphones for full iOS app functionality. All the other wireless headphones I've owned over the years have had the ability to upgrade firmware and completely customise the headphones via an iOS app.

Given what happened to everyone that tried to install the last firmware via Android it's probably just as well there wasn't an option for those of us with iOS mobile devices to try to upgrade that way.

Apr 25, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #5,774 of 7,191
w-what h-happened.... O.O

To be fair it was very clearly labelled as a beta release, but the release channel was.... very poor, and the only way most people found to get it to work at the time was via Android, however it crashed out halfway through and left the headphones semi-bricked, to the point that they had to be shipped back to Audeze. This i suspect is why the extended delay for the next update.

Apr 25, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #5,775 of 7,191
To be fair it was very clearly labelled as a beta release, but the release channel was.... very poor, and the only way most people found to get it to work at the time was via Android, however it crashed out halfway through and left the headphones semi-bricked, to the point that they had to be shipped back to Audeze. This i suspect is why the extended delay for the next update.

as someone who will save my .psd files many times even when they are close to the 2GB limit severely taking up my HD space so I have numerous backups I never understand how people can just not implement a higher level programming with a factory reset on a hardware chip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back