Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Mar 29, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #5,618 of 7,191
Glad I'm not alone lol. I bet the mobile app needs an update. Hopefully it will get pushed soon. Right now I'm having the same problems as everyone else. App tells me to restart the app and reset headset and it doesn't connect to my PC. However, my device still works just fine. I did lose my presets though. Hey, that's what beta testing is about though.

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #5,620 of 7,191
what about

volume steps are absurdly large

? ?????
This is a hardware limitation and cannot be changed.
How do you reset the headset?
Multifunction, volume and mic button at the same time for 5-10 seconds. It doesn't fix anything though as it pertains to the beta saying to reset the headset.

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #5,621 of 7,191
Hope you guys aren't planning to complain when on the beta firmware. I was excited too but decided not to once I saw the issues list. No voice notification, for example, means you might not know which mode you're using when you switch.
This is a hardware limitation and cannot be changed.

Multifunction, volume and mic button at the same time for 5-10 seconds. It doesn't fix anything though as it pertains to the beta saying to reset the headset.
Odd that its a hardware limit. Would have thought they'd just change the ratio or something. Though I am more likely to use the pc or other device to change the volume anyway

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #5,622 of 7,191
Hope you guys aren't planning to complain when on the beta firmware. I was excited too but decided not to once I saw the issues list. No voice notification, for example, means you might not know which mode you're using when you switch.

Odd that its a hardware limit. Would have thought they'd just change the ratio or something. Though I am more likely to use the pc or other device to change the volume anyway
Im not complaining, just pointing out the issue with the device no longer detecting on the windows app after the update.

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #5,623 of 7,191

Nah, no complaints from me. I know that's the name of the game with beta. I just love being on the bleeding edge. I've got several wireless headsets so even if it was totally broken, I'd just use one of them while awaiting the next update.

Yeah it's weird that it's hardware limited, but that's what they said in a previous post. Also weird is I still get voice notifications.

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #5,624 of 7,191
Nah, no complaints from me. I know that's the name of the game with beta. I just love being on the bleeding edge. I've got several wireless headsets so even if it was totally broken, I'd just use one of them while awaiting the next update.

Yeah it's weird that it's hardware limited, but that's what they said in a previous post. Also weird is I still get voice notifications.
Yeah i think the voice notifications is for the new features like turning on and off sidetone

Also looking it seems the update may have borked. Cause i tried using the hold mic button down for 3 seconds to turn on sidetone but it didnt work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back