Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Mar 7, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #5,326 of 7,191
I've noticed a thing with my Penrose.

VERY often when I listen to Spotify, and max out the volume, the headphones disconnects, like it triggers something at a certain volume. I have no idea why it does this and it is pretty annoying. Does this happen to anyone else?

Mar 8, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #5,327 of 7,191
Popping back in after a few solid months of use to give some thoughts on the Audeze Penrose

1. That initial tightness goes away after regular use, and the headset becomes more comfortable for longer play / use sessions as a result.
I concur. It took a while to "bed in" but now they are much better than when I first got them. Could be the change to pads though too...

Mar 8, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #5,331 of 7,191
Just posting my battery usage for others. I have been streaming some banging beats all day since 8 am. Its now 3:20pm and the low battery warning just came on. So just under 7 1/2 hours of solid streaming. Average listening volume.

While gaming I get far better mileage.

Mar 8, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #5,332 of 7,191
Jeez, I would be more concerned about the damage to my ears than the headphones bugging out. The Penrose goes loud, I cant go anywhere near max volume.

Yeah I was floored by how loud they get when I first got them. For both bluetooth and wireless gaming, if you approached full volume your skull would crush inwards.

Speaking of Bluetooth, I have an issue when using the dual connection (to the dongle and to my phone). The bluetooth audio seems to skip and hiccup every minute or so. It doesn't do it if I'm connected solely via Bluetooth to my phone, but as soon as I'm using both, the BT signal seems compromised in some way. Anyone else had this issue?

Mar 8, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #5,333 of 7,191
I've noticed a thing with my Penrose.

VERY often when I listen to Spotify, and max out the volume, the headphones disconnects, like it triggers something at a certain volume. I have no idea why it does this and it is pretty annoying. Does this happen to anyone else?
It happens to me as well when playing games

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #5,336 of 7,191
Anybody had their gel-pads shipping yet from Analogue Seduction?
I ordered them but no shipping yesterday.
I wonder if they even had them in stock like they claimed.
The webpage for the gel-pads has also disappeared ...
I ordered a pair on the 6th. No shipping notification yet. I wonder how many they had in stock and how many people from this thread ordered a set. Hopefully, they don't have to give dozens of people some bad news.

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #5,337 of 7,191
I ordered a pair on the 6th. No shipping notification yet. I wonder how many they had in stock and how many people from this thread ordered a set. Hopefully, they don't have to give dozens of people some bad news.

If I remeber correctly they didn’t have any in stock when they priced them at double of what they costed.
And since these aren’t made anymore they’ll never have them.

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #5,339 of 7,191
So I have been lurking around here since before the Penrose launched and finally decided to make a post.

I am also having the whirling/whistling sound in the left driver that many of you have also had. I currently have a ticket in with Audeze but their newest reply to me made it seem like I am just “sensitive” to the sound and that it was considered “normal” from their perspective.

Has anyone else with a ticket in received any similar responses? I definitely do not think it’s normal and I don’t believe I am more sensitive to any sounds than the next person.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #5,340 of 7,191
So I have been lurking around here since before the Penrose launched and finally decided to make a post.

I am also having the whirling/whistling sound in the left driver that many of you have also had. I currently have a ticket in with Audeze but their newest reply to me made it seem like I am just “sensitive” to the sound and that it was considered “normal” from their perspective.

Has anyone else with a ticket in received any similar responses? I definitely do not think it’s normal and I don’t believe I am more sensitive to any sounds than the next person.
No kidding? Maybe you misunderstood the way the answered you, because if not, it is the most upsetting support answer a Customer might get, to say the least, and really inaceptable from Audeze giving the fact that as "experts in audio science" they clearly must know the frequency range of human ear and work properly considering it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back