Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Feb 22, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #5,206 of 7,191
This sounds like it would be a far more comfortable for my ears. Are you able to provide some links to the things you've used please? I think i can probably find the Brainwavz, and i already have some nuggets for my top band but i haven't been able to find a link to the 3d printed spacers you mentioned, which seems important to the Brainwavz fit?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4696634

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #5,208 of 7,191
This sounds like it would be a far more comfortable for my ears. Are you able to provide some links to the things you've used please? I think i can probably find the Brainwavz, and i already have some nuggets for my top band but i haven't been able to find a link to the 3d printed spacers you mentioned, which seems important to the Brainwavz fit?

3D printed usually means they designed it (using software like AutoCAD or similar) and then printed it using a 3D printer. If someone is hosting the design file online, you can usually download it and have places like UPS Store or other 3rd party locations to print it out for you.

Feb 22, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #5,209 of 7,191
@Audeze
Can you actually provide an answer regarding orders to polish shop tophifi.pl? You asked me about the shop name and didn't provide any follow-up. Like I said multiple times, my order for the Penrose X is from SEPTEMBER, while people who ordered in December or even January have their pairs already, which is absolutely ridiculous.
We shipped Penrose PS units to our Polish distributor in early December (12/4). The Xbox shipments went in the first week of January. We have more scheduled to ship later this week, but these are for more recent orders. We have asked our distributor to reach out to the shop and get more details.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Feb 23, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #5,211 of 7,191
We shipped Penrose PS units to our Polish distributor in early December (12/4). The Xbox shipments went in the first week of January. We have more scheduled to ship later this week, but these are for more recent orders. We have asked our distributor to reach out to the shop and get more details.

Thank you! Please provide a follow-up once you get some info from the distributor.

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #5,212 of 7,191
Hi

Long time lurker, first time poster.
I was in love with my Hyper-X Cloud Orbit S, ergo the Mobius without BT but i had to RMA it due to a faulty microphone. Waiting for Kingston to send me back a new product, i bought the Penrose, to use mainly with a PC, and maybe with a PS5 and a XSX later (if i can buy the Xbox adapter in a near future)

I ve been using it since 2 weeks and here are my pros and cons so far :

Pros :
-outstanding sound, but i already knew that, very close to the Cloud Orbit S sound, same drivers and all...
-no more cable
-no pops or cracks or anything, looks like i am with the lucky ones on this subject.

Cons :
-wireless range is 1/2 meters, not more for me
-Windows volume has no effect on headphone volume
-microphone is garbage, Discord or Teamspeak, same muffled, low quality sound as reported by my mates

For the wireless range, i tried everything, turning wifi off, every single usb port on my computer case, with or without usb extender, with or without a hub... best result is with an extender on the back of my case. But in any case, if i move more than 3/4 meters, i lose the signal. How is it possible ? Faulty usb adapter ?

For the microphone, should i open a case with Audeze ? I tried every position, it does not change the muffled/low quality thing. I have to use another mic to have a decent sound so i unplugged the Penrose one for now.

I will soon have my HX Cloud Orbit S back and i am really wondering what to do with the Penrose. I love the wireless, the sound, and if it was not for the wireless range and the microphone i would keep it over the wired one. Now i am hesitating. Could next firmwares update makes my mic and the range better ?

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #5,213 of 7,191
For the wireless range, i tried everything, turning wifi off, every single usb port on my computer case, with or without usb extender, with or without a hub... best result is with an extender on the back of my case. But in any case, if i move more than 3/4 meters, i lose the signal. How is it possible ? Faulty usb adapter ?

For the microphone, should i open a case with Audeze ? I tried every position, it does not change the muffled/low quality thing. I have to use another mic to have a decent sound so i unplugged the Penrose one for now.
  • What kind of WiFi setup do you have?
  • Is the silver part oriented towards your mouth or away on the mic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back