Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Feb 11, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #5,041 of 7,191
Can you PM me your ticket number ? We usually respond within a few days. The Mac app was released a few days ago. We are testing the firmware update and it should be released shortly. Happy to send it to you (with firmware update option).
We are working on new firmware that will have some new features (early March)
1. Bluetooth + 2.4Ghz audio mix - so you can adjust the balance
2. Button combinations to change presets from the headphone
Any update on plans (if any) to swap around the chat mix/mic gain dial please? I really hoped that would come in the next update

Feb 11, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #5,042 of 7,191
Any update on plans (if any) to swap around the chat mix/mic gain dial please? I really hoped that would come in the next update
It is a little bit more complicated. We are adding some more features (Bluetooth + 2.4 Ghz) mix etc. So we need to make sure we can get all the features controlled from the headphone. There are some more features in this (eg - Bluetooth only mode) that have been requested here.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Feb 11, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #5,044 of 7,191
It is a little bit more complicated. We are adding some more features (Bluetooth + 2.4 Ghz) mix etc. So we need to make sure we can get all the features controlled from the headphone. There are some more features in this (eg - Bluetooth only mode) that have been requested here.
Thanks for the reply. Is it something you plan to address in the future? It’s the one thing on these headphones that spoils using them for me. Would be perfect headphones if I had this dial swapped over

Feb 11, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #5,045 of 7,191
Can you PM me your ticket number ? We usually respond within a few days. The Mac app was released a few days ago. We are testing the firmware update and it should be released shortly. Happy to send it to you (with firmware update option).
Anything being done to address stability/crackles/pops on this firmware?

Feb 11, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #5,046 of 7,191

Yes!!!! The bluetooth and 2.4ghz audio mix is a huge one so thank you for listening to the community on this!

The changing of presets will be a huge help too and as mentioned, the chat/game mix dial changed would make this a perfect headset. I did see your later post mentioning this is a tougher one to do but look forward to that happening as well.

Thanks again for being so up front with the community.

Feb 11, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #5,049 of 7,191
I hear these headphones disconnect frequently from xbox series x. Is this true, has anyone had any issues?

Feb 11, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #5,051 of 7,191
Do you mean the magnetic cable?
I ordered them from aliexpress still waiting
Why is it going to damage them?

I bought for 2 headphones and ps4 and ps5 controllers.

nope i use them magnetic cables for all my wireless stuff, its very usefull also for kids, before that i keep buying or repairing thier ipads all the time, its a connector saver,, easy charge when its near it just snaps into place

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #5,054 of 7,191
I hope this isn't inappropriate to ask, but RTings, a site that from my understanding rates things pretty objectively, recently released their review of the Penrose. My understanding is that the Penrose are supposed to outclass pretty much any gaming focused headset in terms of sound quality, but comparing to the Arctis Pro Wireless (just as an example), it scored worse in just about every audio-related metric (see here: https://www.rtings.com/headphones/t...o-wireless/19746/751?usage=9280&threshold=0.1)

Are there other factors that wouldn't show up on this review that would attribute to why general consensus is that the Penrose sound better? Just to be clear, I'm not trying to smear the Penrose or anything, I'm just wondering.

Feb 11, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #5,055 of 7,191
I hope this isn't inappropriate to ask, but RTings, a site that from my understanding rates things pretty objectively, recently released their review of the Penrose. My understanding is that the Penrose are supposed to outclass pretty much any gaming focused headset in terms of sound quality, but comparing to the Arctis Pro Wireless (just as an example), it scored worse in just about every audio-related metric (see here: https://www.rtings.com/headphones/t...o-wireless/19746/751?usage=9280&threshold=0.1)

Are there other factors that wouldn't show up on this review that would attribute to why general consensus is that the Penrose sound better? Just to be clear, I'm not trying to smear the Penrose or anything, I'm just wondering.

I’m not an audiophile. I gradually came to realize after living in with them for a few weeks that every other headphone or ear bud I’ve ever used basically sucks compared to the penrose (even though they have a some warts in their initial release) Look at my previous posts. They made me realize I’ve been accepting suboptimal music reproduction for almost 50 years. I’m probably never gonna buy an EQ or whatever but I’ve experienced so much joy in this lockdown because of these damn headphones that I can’t wait for them to send a replacement pair to me, warts and all. I’m conflicted as a subset appear to have some issues but they make you feel like you are in a club listening to music again. The company has been responsive when I put in a ticket (within a day or two which seems reasonable to me) so I’m confident they are going make things as good as they can be (check out some of the interviews with their folks, they have a passion for sound reproduction).

I’m an old punk rocker who listens to bluegrass and classical and punk and the Penrose are a revelation to me. I know that there is a world beyond $300 headphones I won’t be able to afford until my kids are through college but for now I like them for a unified gaming and music platform. Just my humble and uninformed opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back