Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Jan 8, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #4,381 of 7,191
Hi new Penrose user here. I like the sound of the penrose but i would like to change presets and sidetone on the fly on the PS5.
@Audeze could there be a chance to cable connect an iOS device to the Penrose an make the Audeze app on iOS work?

Jan 8, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #4,386 of 7,191
Hi guys I've attached the frequency response chart I got for a friend who makes EQ's for me for gaming. hes asked me if the chart which i've attached that I sent him is a target/response curve or Raw target curve. Can someone help me with this? I am a little over my head with this.

Forgive if my terminology is off I have to translate it. It could be he meant either raw target curve or response curve.

So I've got it now he knows what one line is but can't work out what the green line is??

TLDR It is just the green line i need the name for @Audeze

Attachments

• Penrose FR graph.pdf
    131.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #4,387 of 7,191
I used the footsteps preset for warzone. Do you play warzone and if so how do the footsteps sound on warm?

I do not play that sorry but it's fine on Destiny at least, not as pronounced but still distinguishable.
Same here, are you using any Spatial audio? Also enjoying the Round and Muscular preset for music!

Yes I'm using the PS5 3D. Funnily enough I thought it was terrible at first but that turned out to be the headset (Arctis 7P).

Wish we could name the presets, I forget what the other 4 are I saved.

Jan 8, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #4,388 of 7,191
I got my dekoni nuggets and headband hybrid earpads in today. Comfort is finally where I would expect a 300$ headset to be. Disappointed I had to spend additional money on something already this expensive, but at least comfort is no longer a complaint.

Jan 8, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #4,389 of 7,191
Is there something functionally wrong with sidetone that even Audeze reps are asking people to disable it due to the hissing sound it adds to the speaker output? I use sidetone on my A50s and don't have this hissing sound from sidetone or otherwise.

Jan 8, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #4,390 of 7,191
Is there something functionally wrong with sidetone that even Audeze reps are asking people to disable it due to the hissing sound it adds to the speaker output? I use sidetone on my A50s and don't have this hissing sound from sidetone or otherwise.
So far i have the hissing on My penrose, and on those the sidetone doesnt even work

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #4,392 of 7,191

The hiss is peretty loud when sidetone is on. I hope they can reduce the sidetone hiss by firmware update.

Jan 9, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #4,394 of 7,191
I got my dekoni nuggets and headband hybrid earpads in today. Comfort is finally where I would expect a 300$ headset to be. Disappointed I had to spend additional money on something already this expensive, but at least comfort is no longer a complaint.

Yeah I just got the Dekoni nuggets. It makes the headband look odd and would put head pressure where the 2 nuggets are, but the nuggets are very soft and mushy so it really does even out the pressure on the head. The headset is now quite comfortable to wear, well except for the heat I get around the ears after long usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back