Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 31, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #4,081 of 7,191
That sounds very easy so unbreakable then? Or will I need to be careful? forgive me I am just trying to be careful this is my first headset that was this expensive.
There was a video a few pages back of replacing the pads. If you are replacing just the pads then you don't pull the coloured plastic rings off. You actually need to sorta forcibly remove the old pads, which can damage/tear them (the video explains this). The new Dekoni pads have an adhesive on them where you just then stick them back on (after cleaning up the mess left behind by the old pads).
Here is the video:

Jan 1, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #4,085 of 7,191
I noticed that the gel pads on the UK site will not ship to my region... Trying to help some friends that I convinced to get the Penrose after allowing them to try mine with my mobius gel pads. Hopefully someone is willing to stock some of them for us US folk!

Jan 1, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #4,086 of 7,191
I noticed that the gel pads on the UK site will not ship to my region... Trying to help some friends that I convinced to get the Penrose after allowing them to try mine with my mobius gel pads. Hopefully someone is willing to stock some of them for us US folk!

Happy new year all folks !

@Audeze : Does the gel earpads are available to France to ? Is it possible to order them from the UK web site ?

Jan 1, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #4,088 of 7,191

Happy new year all folks !

@Audeze : Does the gel earpads are available to France to ? Is it possible to order them from the UK web site ?

EDIT : Sorry for the duplicate

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #4,092 of 7,191
Encountered my first "issue" during use.

Accidentally hit the multi function button last night and went from wireless to bluetooth.

Cycled back passed aux to wireless. Then I kept getting phone notification sounds from bluetooth.

Figured if it was going to play phone bluetooth too while on wireless I'd listen to music from my phone. Nope. Wouldn't play music from my phone on spotify. Would only play my notification tones.

Went and looked at the instructions, and they weren't much help. https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050183692

Basically it seems if the wireless dongle is plugged in and you cycle to bluetooth, and it always does both.

Except it doesn't.

And how do you do aux+bluetooth?

So basically, dual source is giving me issues and not acting correctly at all.

Jan 1, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #4,093 of 7,191
Encountered my first "issue" during use.

Accidentally hit the multi function button last night and went from wireless to bluetooth.

Cycled back passed aux to wireless. Then I kept getting phone notification sounds from bluetooth.

Figured if it was going to play phone bluetooth too while on wireless I'd listen to music from my phone. Nope. Wouldn't play music from my phone on spotify. Would only play my notification tones.

Went and looked at the instructions, and they weren't much help. https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050183692

Basically it seems if the wireless dongle is plugged in and you cycle to bluetooth, and it always does both.

Except it doesn't.

And how do you do aux+bluetooth?

So basically, dual source is giving me issues and not acting correctly at all.

As far as I understand you cannot do Aux + wireless (either bluetooth or dongle). For the Bluetooth pairing with your phone make sure you haven't just paired as a calls only device.

Jan 1, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #4,095 of 7,191
@Audeze
Several have reported that the background noise is still very present and disturbs at low volume, they have been asked several times if it can be eliminated with an update, but there are no answers. I am waiting in Italy for my Penrose X, and this worries me for the use that I will do ... thanks
P.s. When will they arrive in Italy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back