Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 23, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #3,723 of 7,191
Put in a separate order to Moon Audio since I missed the cut off for audeze on the X by a couple of days. Moon now shows out of stock too, so hopefully that means I ordered a pair that actually exists this time lol.

Dec 23, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #3,724 of 7,191
I don’t get the clamping thing from Audeze’s side... did they get feedback that the Möbius was too loose or did something im the manufacturing process change?
My first pair of Mobius from the initial indegogo were comfortable. The second pair of the Mobius I got (the grey because I liked the color more) were a little tighter. These penrose are significantly tighter. So they’re getting progressively tighter... maybe trying to get more isolation? I’ve just been bending the head bands to loosen them up.

Dec 23, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #3,726 of 7,191
Is better a tight fit that you can get loose than a big band and lose fit that it's impossible to get tighter.

If the tightness of the Penrose is from Mobius feedback's, I was one of them.

Dec 23, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #3,727 of 7,191
The only important issue is that there's no support for Apple users in terms of having the ability to control and update them. There is no ETA on when the mac app will be available, either. So if you want to EQ or get a firmware update to fix issues, you won't be able to unless you have access to Windows or Android.
Yeah this is very disappointing. I only have Macs and iPhones. So I ended up installing Windows under bootcamp just so that I can configure and update my Penrose (haven't used the Penrose yet - they are my Christmas present from my wife). Thankfully you can download Windows for free from Microsoft - you don't need to enter a Serial Key nor activate it. But they definitely need a Mac app soon.

Dec 23, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #3,729 of 7,191
Yeah this is very disappointing. I only have Macs and iPhones. So I ended up installing Windows under bootcamp just so that I can configure and update my Penrose (haven't used the Penrose yet - they are my Christmas present from my wife). Thankfully you can download Windows for free from Microsoft - you don't need to enter a Serial Key nor activate it. But they definitely need a Mac app soon.

I’m not sure why but Audeze specifically says not to use a virtual machine for updates.

Dec 24, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #3,733 of 7,191
I’m not sure why but Audeze specifically says not to use a virtual machine for updates.
I think it’s because sharing USB port between the host and the VM is not the most stable thing in the world ...
Audeze may wants to prevent bricked headset during firmware update.

I’ve so much trouble to use a usb to serial adapter within a windows VM on Linux or Mac OS hosts ...

Dec 24, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #3,734 of 7,191
The QuickStart guide mentions that when the Penrose is finished charging the red light stays on. Mine doesn’t go to a solid red after being on charge for nearly 4 hours. This is charging USB-C to USB-C on my pc. Anyone else getting the same?

Dec 24, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #3,735 of 7,191
Penrose x arrived yesterday, in general im happy with them.

2 issues tho.

Static noise when in wireless and Bluetooth mode, it can be heard when pausing music and lasts for a few seconds, this happens sporadically.

And a audible digital click in each of the drivers in wireless mode, this happens frequently.

@Audeze is this a firmware fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back