Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 14, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #3,262 of 7,191
Hi,

I've not been able to fix my imbalance issue. I even tried swapping the earpads but the problem remains the same, there's definitely something wrong with my unit.
I'm still waiting for Audeze's response regarding my issue but in the meantime I'll just send them back.
No one is noticing a difference between left and right cup? I can ear even when headphones are off, the isolation is not the same.

Dec 14, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #3,263 of 7,191
Hi,

I've not been able to fix my imbalance issue. I even tried swapping the earpads but the problem remains the same, there's definitely something wrong with my unit.
I'm still waiting for Audeze's response regarding my issue but in the meantime I'll just send them back.
No one is noticing a difference between left and right cup? I can ear even when headphones are off, the isolation is not the same.
iirc one other person had the same issue.

Dec 14, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #3,266 of 7,191
Hi,

Without the mic, the isolation is different between the cups. However, both drivers seem to be as balanced as I can hear, it was actually the first thing I tested when I got them.

Dec 14, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #3,269 of 7,191
Without the mic, the isolation is different between the cups. However, both drivers seem to be as balanced as I can hear, it was actually the first thing I tested when I got them.

This is indeed worse without the mic since that's one more opening on the left versus none on the right.
But even with the mic installed I can definitely feel the difference between left and right cup unfortunately. The drivers themselves seem to be balanced but since there is a difference in isolation so is the sound when used.
I had to put them down yesterday because I started to feel kind of dizzy and kept adjusting my right ear as it felt obstructed while it obviously was not.

Dec 14, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #3,270 of 7,191
Just want to give an update: Audeze informed me that their engineers are looking at the stability issue as they are aware a significant number of users are experiencing issues with connectivity. He can't make any promises of course, but promised they are working on getting this improved and it is receiving a lot of attention. This is enough confirmation for me to keep the Penrose, as Audeze has been great in addressing other issues quite quickly.

I somewhat feel that the Penrose just wasn't ready for live sales yet, particularly from the fact that only PC has AudezeHQ support, Bluetooth lacks AAC codec support, etc. But their after-sales support has been remarkable so far - I wouldn't expect this type of correspondence from Steelseries for example.

Also, for some odd reason, I started getting more dropouts last night when using the Penrose (no disconnect unless I moved to the kitchen though), even after restarting my mesh network. I tried a couple different setups but then simply plugged the dongle into the PS5 front USB port (instead of USB extender), and somehow the static mostly disappeared. Seems like a little tinkering is required on my end each night, haha, and I don't really understand it. If/when they fix these connection issues, the Penrose will definitely be my favorite wireless headphones. Good enough that I can probably sell of my Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 3.0's as I don't care about ANC that much, and I prefer the Penrose sound quality over it (even though it's connecting via SBC to my iPhone for now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back