Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 6, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #2,776 of 7,191
I have a similar habit and my only solution has been to yank the dongle when I’m not relying on USB audio.
Yikes that feels like such an oversight. I don't really understand the multifunction button then. It would be perfect if it had the options: wireless, bluetooth, wireless + bluetooth, aux. Feels like kind of a step back if I have to either turn off my pc or dig behind it to unplug the dongle every time I want to walk out of the room.

Dec 6, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #2,778 of 7,191
This is a use case we will check if we can support.

I really appreciate that!

On the mixed audio volume level issue a few people have raised — would it be possible to add an app-level volume mix setting? I notice that when two audio sources are played, the volume adjusts down versus a single source, so is it possible there’s a default mix happening that could be exposed in the app and changed?

Dec 6, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #2,779 of 7,191
I really appreciate that!

On the mixed audio volume level issue a few people have raised — would it be possible to add an app-level volume mix setting? I notice that when two audio sources are played, the volume adjusts down versus a single source, so is it possible there’s a default mix happening that could be exposed in the app and changed?
This is a little more complicated. The chipset vendor has to support a new API call that would allow us to do something like this. Supporting it in the app is very easy, but getting an API call added to send the commands back and forth is quite complicated.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Dec 7, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #2,780 of 7,191
Not sure how current wireless and BT headsets from Turtle Beach and SteelSeries work, but my old Turtle Beach PX5s had no drop in wireless audio when connected to my phone via BT.
As I stated in an earlier post, the PX5s did have two volume adjustments available, one for wireless, and another for BT.

Just got my Penrose a couple of hours ago so only played with them for a few mins, but I did test the dual connection, the drop in wireless audio level is quite extreme with no audio coming from BT side, just once there is an active connection.

Dec 7, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #2,781 of 7,191
I am enjoying the sound from the Penrose but BIG issue when connecting bluetooth+wireless.

wireless on pc

Bluetooth on iPhone

while hearing audio from pc and using a snapchat call while gaming (on iphone)...i get really bad mic experience that my voice get really muffled and cutoff a lot.

and every one minute the headset literally shutoff without any audio prompts ... tried couple more times same thing happened.

l tried calling a normal call instead of snapchat and same thing shuts off and the mic was bad.

it only works 90% ok when theres no call and only playing videos from twitter or youtube.

so is this a bad hardware i received or only needs firmware update? has this happen to you guys?

thanks

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #2,783 of 7,191
Not sure how current wireless and BT headsets from Turtle Beach and SteelSeries work, but my old Turtle Beach PX5s had no drop in wireless audio when connected to my phone via BT.
As I stated in an earlier post, the PX5s did have two volume adjustments available, one for wireless, and another for BT.

Just got my Penrose a couple of hours ago so only played with them for a few mins, but I did test the dual connection, the drop in wireless audio level is quite extreme with no audio coming from BT side, just once there is an active connection.

i also had turtle beach with multipoint Bluetooth connection and wireless..i connected 3 devices and hear all of them at the same time with now issue.

hope penrose have a solution for the droput in the connections.

Dec 7, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #2,787 of 7,191
Sigh, the server IS boosted. I'm in no mood for uneducated people trying to lecture me on something they don't understand. I clearly stated I don't know who is at fault, all I do know is I hope it is dealt with so that a $5 mic you buy at Walmart doesn't sound better in Discord than a $400 CAD headset.

Sometimes no answer is better than flapping your mouth about things you have no idea about. I'm glad your experience is acceptable, to myself and others it would seem we are left wanting from our experience in Discord with the Penrose.

It's ironic that you're calling someone uneducated when they tried to help you by suggesting settings that may help with your issue based on research done earlier in this thread, while at the same time you seem to think that just because having your discord settings one way works for one microphone, then it for some reason should also be the best way to have those settings for all microphones. Have you stopped and thought about that for a second.. why would Discord even provide those settings if one way was always better than another?

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #2,789 of 7,191
Ahh thanks for confirming.

Sadly, I've flip flopped so many times on whether to get these or not - ordered then cancelled, rinse and repeat. I've cancelled again today and going to stick with the PC38x/Tygr 300r plus Creative G6 options I already have for now - once they actually appear in the UK I know I might be tempted again but going to wait to see how the product develops over the next couple of months instead before deciding.
How are you liking your PC38x G6 combo? I’ve currently got a G6 with a AKG 712 Pro and have the Penrose pre-ordered. But I’m thinking I’m just going to cancel my preorder and get the PC38x instead.

Dec 7, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #2,790 of 7,191
How are you liking your PC38x G6 combo? I’ve currently got a G6 with a AKG 712 Pro and have the Penrose pre-ordered. But I’m thinking I’m just going to cancel my preorder and get the PC38x instead.

It's a great combination, but I actually prefer using the Tygr 300r to be honest. I find the Beyer to be far more comfortable. Where the PC38x wins though is convenience with the built in mic and it is a tad easier to drive meaning I can use the Dualsense from time to time when its more convenient than the G6.

I've had a set of the K712 Pro in the past - personally, while the PC38x are different, I can't honestly say the outlay over and above what you have is worth it - although, I know what the 'buying new headphones' bug is like!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back