Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 2, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #2,566 of 7,191
Hi is penrose better for comfort because i had the Sony and the very first moment i tried it on i said ouch and went back to amazon
Earpads way too small

Can you tell me which one is bigger niw that youbhave both there?
Do you recon penrose earpads are bigger than the sony?

The Penrose definitely have bigger ear cups, but the Sony are more plush and soft against my head. It might also be that the initial clamping force of the Penrose is greater than that of the Sony. I have pretty big ears, and neither are the most comfortable pair I’ve tried, but between the two I feel more comfortable for longer periods of time with the Sony.

Edit: nvm, I figured it out.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #2,567 of 7,191
Fedex is over capacity and their systems are strained because of volume. Pickups and status updates are very slow. We are working moving some shipments through other carriers etc.
I find this a bit odd, as I placed an order with a different online retailer yesterday, it was shipped via Fedex same day (starting with the same "Shipment information sent to Fedex), and since then has already received 3 updates on the delivery from Arizona to New Mexico, with an expected delivery of Friday. This is with FedEx Home Delivery, which is what Audeze used as well, yet my Audeze shipment has received absolutely zero updates since "Shipment information sent to FedEx" on 11/28. Very odd, unless certain branches of FedEx simply do not update as quickly as others. Hopefully this is a non-issue and it will be delivered as expected, but I'm concerned FedEx did not receive the package for whatever reason.

Dec 2, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #2,571 of 7,191
Awesome news! And I'm assuming that FW update is for Windows only, correct?

I'm hoping Mac users can just use Parallels or some type of virtual machine to flash the update, don't see why that wouldn't work.
Audeze has asked people not to use virtual machines for updating firmware. I think they mentioned it might brick the device or cause other issues which can only be fixed by sending it back to them.

Dec 2, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #2,572 of 7,191
Audeze has asked people not to use virtual machines for updating firmware. I think they mentioned it might brick the device or cause other issues which can only be fixed by sending it back to them.
A warning like this isn't going to stop users from using a virtual machine. People who user virtual machines would moonwalk past any warning labels because things are supposed to work the same as a regular machine for the most part.

Dec 2, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #2,573 of 7,191
I find this a bit odd, as I placed an order with a different online retailer yesterday, it was shipped via Fedex same day (starting with the same "Shipment information sent to Fedex), and since then has already received 3 updates on the delivery from Arizona to New Mexico, with an expected delivery of Friday. This is with FedEx Home Delivery, which is what Audeze used as well, yet my Audeze shipment has received absolutely zero updates since "Shipment information sent to FedEx" on 11/28. Very odd, unless certain branches of FedEx simply do not update as quickly as others. Hopefully this is a non-issue and it will be delivered as expected, but I'm concerned FedEx did not receive the package for whatever reason.

I think it's a California thing. I had sent a package to California last month and it was 3-5 day delivery but took over 3 weeks to get there.

Dec 2, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #2,574 of 7,191
A warning like this isn't going to stop users from using a virtual machine. People who user virtual machines would moonwalk past any warning labels because things are supposed to work the same as a regular machine for the most part.
I have no clue if you're right about everything working the same on virtual machines.
I'd rather use a friend's windows machine to update them than taking a chance on a VM.(they specifically mentioned it. So I think something must've gone wrong when they tried doing the same.)

Dec 2, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #2,575 of 7,191
I have no clue if you're right about everything working the same on virtual machines.
I'd rather use a friend's windows machine to update them than taking a chance on a VM.(they specifically mentioned it. So I think something must've gone wrong when they tried doing the same.)
I would DEFINITELY just use a regular Windows machine. Just saying that people who use virtual machines like to think they're power users. Personally I'd try it but only after testing like 3 other things to make sure their connection to the virtual machine wasn't strange.

Dec 2, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #2,576 of 7,191
I can confirm that you can easily stretch out the headband by hand to reduce the clamp. I stretched it out pretty heavily for around 20 seconds and it feels much better now. Pads could be a tad softer, but the super strong clamp is gone.

That being said, my headset is being RMA'd for imbalance issues. Hopefully the woosh is gone by the time I get them back.

Dec 2, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #2,579 of 7,191
FedEx finally picked up the package. Label was created on the 28th and didn't actually get shipped out until now. Expected delivery is this Friday.

Thinking of holding off on using them until the firmware update goes live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back