Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 2, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #2,551 of 7,191
Just FYI, K&S Distribution are HiFiHeadphones. HiFiHeadphones is the retail sales outlet (we have this info at the bottom of the website)

Ahh thanks for confirming.

Sadly, I've flip flopped so many times on whether to get these or not - ordered then cancelled, rinse and repeat. I've cancelled again today and going to stick with the PC38x/Tygr 300r plus Creative G6 options I already have for now - once they actually appear in the UK I know I might be tempted again but going to wait to see how the product develops over the next couple of months instead before deciding.

Dec 2, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #2,552 of 7,191
MLE, thank you for all your updates and for the mic sample uploads. Definitely very promising!
I'm supposed to get these tomorrow, but my FedEx tracking has been stuck at " Shipment information sent to FedEx " since 11/28. Does that mean it hasn't even been shipped out yet?

I'm in the same boat and to my knowledge yes, that's exactly what that means — Fedex hasn't received the package yet.

Dec 2, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #2,554 of 7,191
@Mad Lust Envy Are you able to record a mic test via Bluetooth for comparison?
Sure, I'll test it in a few.
@Mad Lust Envy Are you the same guy as the Z reviews guy? He reviews headphones and also has an passion for those anime girls.
No that's Zeos. I wish I was him. He has a lot of financial support. I have... next to none. 😬 I have to juggle paying bills and finding the time to do reviews which I get nothing for.

Dec 2, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #2,555 of 7,191
MLE, thank you for all your updates and for the mic sample uploads. Definitely very promising!
I'm supposed to get these tomorrow, but my FedEx tracking has been stuck at " Shipment information sent to FedEx " since 11/28. Does that mean it hasn't even been shipped out yet?

Not necessarily. Quite often, shipping information doesn't even get updated until the package reaches a Fedex sorting facility meaning the guy with the small Fedex truck picks it up, drives to a hub, drops it off to a big Fedex truck which then takes it to the sorting facility, and then it gets scanned in.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #2,557 of 7,191
Like one would normally place a mic. Nothing special. Just maybe a finger length extra away.

Dec 2, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #2,558 of 7,191
Ahh thanks for confirming.

Sadly, I've flip flopped so many times on whether to get these or not - ordered then cancelled, rinse and repeat. I've cancelled again today and going to stick with the PC38x/Tygr 300r plus Creative G6 options I already have for now - once they actually appear in the UK I know I might be tempted again but going to wait to see how the product develops over the next couple of months instead before deciding.

I don’t blame you.

Audeze- Have you actually now shipped to the U.K. ?

I ordered these headphones in July. Please tell me they have shipped.

Dec 2, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #2,559 of 7,191
Not necessarily. Quite often, shipping information doesn't even get updated until the package reaches a Fedex sorting facility meaning the guy with the small Fedex truck picks it up, drives to a hub, drops it off to a big Fedex truck which then takes it to the sorting facility, and then it gets scanned in.
Ah interesting. It's weird since UPS and USPS seem to be much better at providing updates. I hope that you're right and it'll still come in this week. Kinda ridiculous to get a tracking number on 11/28 if it's still not shipped to Fedex by now, haha.

Dec 2, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #2,561 of 7,191
I'm in the same boat and to my knowledge yes, that's exactly what that means — Fedex hasn't received the package yet.
Fedex is over capacity and their systems are strained because of volume. Pickups and status updates are very slow. We are working moving some shipments through other carriers etc.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Dec 2, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #2,563 of 7,191
@Audeze any info on when you'll be shipping Penrose to Poland? I called the shop i ordered at "tophifi" and like always they are clueless and have zero info at all.I ordered the PS version and was really hoping to get them next week... I placed an order on the end of August

Dec 2, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #2,564 of 7,191
@Audeze any info on when you'll be shipping Penrose to Poland? I called the shop i ordered at "tophifi" and like always they are clueless and have zero info at all.I ordered the PS version and was really hoping to get them next week... I placed an order on the end of August

Ja zamówiłem X, pozdro :) Tophifi mówili, że wysyłkę będą realizować na początku grudnia.

Dec 2, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #2,565 of 7,191
Fedex is over capacity and their systems are strained because of volume. Pickups and status updates are very slow. We are working moving some shipments through other carriers etc.

Mine's been stuck in Dubai since Sunday for some reason with the expected delivery date on the tracker still showing as tomorrow. Didn't sound likely so I emailed them and was told it's landing in the country (South Africa) on Sunday only. So it looks like I'll be waiting until Monday or Tuesday most likely.

Bummer, but oh well maybe the firmware update will be out by then lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back