Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 2, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #2,540 of 7,191
Audeze hope to have these sent out very soon, in the same way that I hope to be a millionaire some day.
If people in the US are still waiting for delivery, I’m not holding out any hope that the U.K. orders have actually been dispatched yet.
@Audeze, looking for an update on the X as mentioned in an email I received on the 25th:
I was under the impression that the penrose x was ready to ship as soon as they got Microsoft approval. I guess not

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #2,543 of 7,191
Just got my penrose I have just test it a bit on PC with music and I love the sound, but it seem to hurt a bit my jaw. Is there already some firmware update ? I've launched the software on windows but I doesn't tell me if there is update or not.

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #2,546 of 7,191
Neither did scan.co.uk when I asked them yesterday. I'm guessing they both use the same distributor in the uk (KS Distribution I think) so maybe delays at their end. KS show amazon as a customer on their website which might explain why the Amazon UK sites still says 'currently unavailable'.

The wait is getting unbearable now though - so much so I'm changing my mind daily about just sticking with using the Dualsense and my PC38x, or using a Creative G6 with them or some higher end headphones. Really would like a wireless setup though if I'm honest.

Would be good if the retailers could at least be a bit less vague about when they are sending them though - particularly for those that have been waiting about 5 months! Maybe Audeze sent them out in batches and it just happens to be that the UK stock was in a later batch. As long as they arrive pre Xmas I guess it'll be ok!?

Just FYI, K&S Distribution are HiFiHeadphones. HiFiHeadphones is the retail sales outlet (we have this info at the bottom of the website)

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #2,549 of 7,191
MLE, thank you for all your updates and for the mic sample uploads. Definitely very promising!
I'm supposed to get these tomorrow, but my FedEx tracking has been stuck at " Shipment information sent to FedEx " since 11/28. Does that mean it hasn't even been shipped out yet?

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #2,550 of 7,191
While I'm really glad to hear about the updated firmware fixing a lot of the issues people have been having, it definitely makes the wait for the Penrose X even harder. I'm sure I'll be happy that I'll be able to update it to the best firmware as soon as I receive the headset... in 2022 or whenever the X gets delivered. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back