Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 23, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #1,594 of 7,191
Well it seems that early impressions on sound quality are great, and PS5 functionality seems good - I'm even more pumped to get them!

Hopefully Audeze will ship out to UK/EU this week for delivery by next week.

Despite some of the teething issues - most seem to agree that they sound fantastic. Much as I'm trying to resist getting them, its inevitable I'll end up pressing buy at some point. I've gone back to using PC38x via the controller as while the Pulse 3D were ok, and had great UI interaction with the PS5, the sound just wasn't as good as I would really like. Seems only Penrose is going to fill that gap in the wireless space right now.

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #1,595 of 7,191
Despite some of the teething issues - most seem to agree that they sound fantastic. Much as I'm trying to resist getting them, its inevitable I'll end up pressing buy at some point. I've gone back to using PC38x via the controller as while the Pulse 3D were ok, and had great UI interaction with the PS5, the sound just wasn't as good as I would really like. Seems only Penrose is going to fill that gap in the wireless space right now.

Well, I've never had planars, so this is my first foray, and it just so happens to lend itself to one of my biggest hobbies, so it only makes sense to me to go with the Penrose.

I'm not too concerned about some of the earlier functionality issues as most of it is firmware based, and so those hiccups can and likely will be rectified at some point. The main thing is the sound quality is there, and that's what we're here for! :beyersmile:

Nov 23, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #1,596 of 7,191
Well, I've never had planars, so this is my first foray, and it just so happens to lend itself to one of my biggest hobbies, so it only makes sense to me to go with the Penrose.

I'm not too concerned about some of the earlier functionality issues as most of it is firmware based, and so those hiccups can and likely will be rectified at some point. The main thing is the sound quality is there, and that's what we're here for! :beyersmile:

According to some members on reddit, UK orders are a little bit delayed again - looking like 2nd week in December before they will get to those that have purchased if they are correct. Will wait to hear an official update from @Audeze but in view of the direct orders not being completed yet, this could well be the case :frowning2:

Nov 23, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #1,597 of 7,191
According to some members on reddit, UK orders are a little bit delayed again - looking like 2nd week in December before they will get to those that have purchased if they are correct. Will wait to hear an official update from @Audeze but in view of the direct orders not being completed yet, this could well be the case :frowning2:

Jesus!

Nov 23, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #1,598 of 7,191
I have Siberia 800 (prevoius model), I use them with Xbox Series X (dac is connected through optical to TV) , but I have enough of any wires (for chat I have to connect headset to the controller).

I've read that Arctis Wireless Pro doesn't allow to use simunetanously wireless connection + wire to controller - which is why they can't be used with Xbox at all.

Anyway, if Wireless Pro are similar to Siberia 800 and are comperable to Penrose, maybe I should not replace my Siberia.
I used to use these with my Xbox One X. Connect via optical and use bluetooth for comms. I always used either the Xbox app or Discord app, outside of the standard bluetooth compression on the comms, it worked fine, audio sounded great.

Nov 23, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #1,599 of 7,191

Wow, that's another huge disappointment if so.

Can't do much but hang on and wait for it I guess, hopefully worth the wait after the many delays.

If it get's pushed to 2021 for some stupid reason then I'll cancel on principle I think haha.

Nov 23, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #1,600 of 7,191
For those in the UK, I’d keep an eye on the Aussie updates that get posted as they seem to always end up roughly in line with your dates (think it’s probably just a general international shipment estimate tbh), and the distributor here seems to be far more on the ball with getting updates from Audeze and sharing them with customers than whoever is selling them over there. For example they let us know 5 days ago that it had pushed out again to mid-December.

Nov 23, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #1,604 of 7,191
I've cancelled my Penrose X order for now. I'm going to try Fidelio X2/ Boompro with my Xbox Series X for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back