Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 7, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #781 of 7,191
I also have the PS5 coming in next week so was wondering if the Penrose would be worth replacing the Arctis 7 with. However I'm hearing that they have pretty bad battery? Kind of disappointing on that end.

Charge it when you are done with your gaming session. I doubt your gaming sessions are long enough to deplete a fully charged headset in one go.

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #786 of 7,191
Just placed an order for it. Will see how they fair against the Arctis 7. Hope they do better for the price.

Haven't really read through this entire thread but is there a chance it ships out this upcoming week?
Well done! I'm sure you won't regret. Shipping is an open topic, so don't put all your money on that forecast.

Nov 8, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #787 of 7,191
See my previous post. Official statement from customer service is neither version works on the opposite console. I came to the same conclusion as you though, and changed my Penrose pre-order to the Penrose X. I was able to pre-order both consoles, so barring any unforeseen delays, should be able to test around 11/12. I'll post an update when I get all 3 units in, though this will obviously be after the Pre-Order phase for these headsets.
Hmmm, I interpreted the conversation someone had with the Audeze rep on page 31 to mean that the Penrose X would work in the same way as the Arctis 7x. Meaning the Penrose X would most likely work with both XSX and PS5 without actually making any guarantees.

Nov 8, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #789 of 7,191
@Audeze I realise you probably can't say due to licensing, so I need you to blink twice if the Penrose X will work on PS5 and Mac and blink 99 times if they won't work.
The Penrose X has a toggle similar to the Arctis 7x. The Arctis work on PlayStation as well.

I ordered the Penrose X hoping this is the same functionality on those headsets. You’re not going to get an official answer here though. It’s been asked many times but a response is a generic response “Penrose is built for PlayStation, and Penrose X is built for Xbox.”

You can order the Penrose X and if it doesn’t work on PlayStation, you have 30 days to return it and get the Penrose.

Nov 8, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #790 of 7,191
I see many here are console gamers but wondering how these are for gaming in general. How do they stack up against high-end headsets in general? Do they perform better than headphones not made specificly for gaming?

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #792 of 7,191
I ordered Audeze Penrose , windows, mac version. Will DTS Headphones: X, Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos for Headphones work in this version?
You can use any headphones with those technologies.

Nov 8, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #794 of 7,191
Well done! I'm sure you won't regret. Shipping is an open topic, so don't put all your money on that forecast.

sure seems that way. i was expecting another update email from audeze yesterday seeing as they’ve been sending one out on friday evening the past few weeks and was a bit surprised to not get one, especially as it’s now around the time they said they would be shipping. i’m still hoping they’ll arrive sometime this week but i’m not holding my breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back