Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 1, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #661 of 7,191
Backtrack and word it however you want now.

All I want to hear is an honest, accurate release date - without another change just a week down the line. It’s not even something that has angered me, just think it’s the professional way to run a business and a fair way to treat customers.

Just a shame this scenario detracts from the product.

I have never once backtracked. You are simply projecting. When you have a chance to calm down and think objectively, go back and review my posts in this thread again. I have always maintained that if you (anyone who falls into this category) can't wait or don't trust Audeze that you should go ahead and cancel your pre-order. I said this weeks ago. I am saying the exact same thing today. I said earlier I consider your anger petty. I still do and have never backtracked from that. I have never denied your right to an opinion, however silly that opinion is in my opinion. There has not been a single instance where my views have been inconsistent.

Let me repeat this for you one last time; they do not know what the actual release date will be at this point. They have been very upfront about this. They have even stated in this thread that if you aren't OK with that, they can help you with cancelling your pre-order. They even communicated that they are working on additional improvements while they wait. That is the very definition of being professional.

Nov 1, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #662 of 7,191
I really don’t get it. If you’re asking for an “honest, accurate release date” you are clearly not understanding the situation that Audeze are in with regards to waiting on third parties to complete various steps that have understandably been delayed an unforeseen amount of time. Conversely, you earlier complained of a “complete lack of communication” when as far as I and others can see Audeze have tried to provide updates of what they can as the process slowly moves along..

So which is it - do you want updates even whilst it’s impossible for them to give an accurate release date, or do you want them to remain silent until they are able to provide an accurate release date?

Either way, no-one is forcing you to pre-order or wait. You can get a refund in full and there are other headphones available now if you can’t wait.

Nov 1, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #663 of 7,191
I did cancel my pre order. I couldn’t be bothered to wait any longer. I’d rather have the money in my pocket than it be given to a company who keeps giving false dates. I completely agree with those who are irritated by the dates constantly being pushed back. It’s OK to complain about things that you disagree with even if someone on the internet looking for attention says it isn’t.

Nov 1, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #665 of 7,191
I don't mind the delay (and understand the circumstances). I think Audeze's comms have been fine around shipments.

I would like more information around the dongles and compatibility. My primary use case is PS5 for gaming and a mac for work so I purchased accordingly, however I plan to get an Xbox Series X once stock is sorted. I don't want to speculate around the Penrose X and possible compatibility with PS5 and mac so I went with Audeze's recommendation - buy a Penrose based on your primary use cases.

It's interesting that a competitor, the Arctis 7x, lists compatibility with PS5 and mac even though it is 'designed for Xbox' (and has a similar non-Xbox model). Some clarity from Audeze whether or not they expect the Penrose X could work on PS5 or mac would be great. I understand it won't be as well tested or even guaranteed, but I'd be surprised if they really have no idea whether or not the X will work across systems.

Nov 1, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #666 of 7,191
If I don't pay my bills, my electricity shuts off. If they don't deliver in a timeframe you deem acceptable, you can cancel your pre-order and get your money back in full and someone else will eventually buy the headphones you missed out on. How are the two remotely similar?

They wouldn't just shut your power off. You would also be charged fees / interest. Companies understand the concept of the time-value of money.

However many consumers don't have a high degree of financial literacy and they have poor legal protections in the US. Companies can easily exploit this to set up these one-sided deals, where the consumer must bear all the risk of delays without compensation.

There is a global pandemic that has put many companies out of businesses and heavily backlogged even the biggest of companies that can afford to stay open.

Getting upset at a company for delays outside of their control seems incredibly petty to me.

I can agree that you don't have to get overly emotional about it. There are more important things in life than a delay in getting your gaming headset, so don't lose your sanity over it.

Having said that, I think it's fair to point out the injustice in holding individuals to a higher standard than we hold corporations. Personally it is easier for me to feel sympathy for other individuals, since they are already getting the short end of the stick. The corporations already have a paid marketing department to shill for them.

Nov 1, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #667 of 7,191
Having said that, I think it's fair to point out the injustice in holding individuals to a higher standard than we hold corporations. Personally it is easier for me to feel sympathy for other individuals, since they are already getting the short end of the stick. The corporations already have a paid marketing department to shill for them.

If there actually was any injustice here, sure. Audeze isn’t holding anyone’s money hostage here, nor are they taking anyone’s money and running away. Individuals can cancel their preorders at any time and get a full refund. Individuals aren’t even getting the short end of the stick either as this situation affects both them and Audeze, arguably more so for Audeze as it’s a business for them vs a luxury item for the individuals.

Nov 1, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #668 of 7,191
They wouldn't just shut your power off. You would also be charged fees / interest. Companies understand the concept of the time-value of money.

However many consumers don't have a high degree of financial literacy and they have poor legal protections in the US. Companies can easily exploit this to set up these one-sided deals, where the consumer must bear all the risk of delays without compensation.

I can agree that you don't have to get overly emotional about it. There are more important things in life than a delay in getting your gaming headset, so don't lose your sanity over it.

You agree to the preorder terms. Don’t like it don’t do it. I hardly call that injustice...

If you want to keep the $250 wait until they’re released then buy.

Nov 1, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #669 of 7,191
If there actually was any injustice here, sure. Audeze isn’t holding anyone’s money hostage here, nor are they taking anyone’s money and running away. Individuals can cancel their preorders at any time and get a full refund. Individuals aren’t even getting the short end of the stick either as this situation affects both them and Audeze, arguably more so for Audeze as it’s a business for them vs a luxury item for the individuals.

Exactly. It’s not like Audeze wants this. You you have to wonder if Audeze is even making any money trying to get these $250 headphones out. Probably not. It wouldn’t surprise me if they’re actually losing money just trying to get into this gaming market.

And now they get to deal will children too...

Nov 1, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #670 of 7,191
I love it when people act like delays are because the company just doesn't feel like delivering.

Also comparing a pre-ordered product with an undefined release date to paying for a monthly service is the very definition of a crappy analogy.

Nov 1, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #671 of 7,191
Clearly we all have a common aim of getting our hands on these but a differing view of how things have gone to date. Trying to give a balance to how some people who have preordered (not me) might construe this brings out the bold text brigade to talk down to those whose view differs to their own which I guess is how it goes in forum land these days.

I have no anger towards Audeze as I have not got a set preordered anyway (cancelled a while back) but understand why some could be annoyed at them. Not a question of trust though at all - no one would reasonably think Audeze are up to any tricks, surely?

Anyway I'll still more than likely be hunting down a set after launch, once some YouTube reviews or feedback (perhaps from MadLustEnvy on here) is available (although I'm sure these will be the goto option for a wireless headset for the forseeable) - doesn't stop me thinking this could have been handled differently/better.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #672 of 7,191
I have no anger towards Audeze as I have not got a set preordered anyway (cancelled a while back) but understand why some could be annoyed at them. Not a question of trust though at all - no one would reasonably think Audeze are up to any tricks, surely?

Not quite sure how you can even say that with a straight face considering one page back there was a lengthy post with statements of "it seems like they just lied about when they would be ready to increase pre orders and get some quick money into the business during the difficult times we are in" and "I wish they'd have just been honest from the beginning" and even "Instead, it seems like they just wanted to get as much money in on early pre orders to help the business through these difficult circumstances." You can easily find such posts since the delay was first announced.

Nov 1, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #674 of 7,191
I also like it when people think missed dates are "lying" and that extenuating circumstances never changes plans.

Y'all seem like the kind of people who leave one star Yelp reviews because your pizza was late when the driver had a heart attack on the way over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back