Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Jul 15, 2020 at 9:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7,191
Say hello to the Audeze Penrose X and Penrose wireless planar magnetic gaming headsets. For the first time, you can experience the uncompromised audio quality Audeze is known for over a 2.4GHz lossless, low-latency wireless connection that's compatible with Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5, Windows, Macintosh, and mobile systems.

Penrose features the same award-winning planar magnetic driver technology that is in the Audeze Mobius, together with a newly designed broadcast quality microphone for enhanced chat and streaming. Penrose also includes onboard Bluetooth 5.0 which can be paired simultaneously with Lossless 2.4GHz wireless, so players can chat on their mobile device without interrupting their gaming experience.

By combining Audeze's legendary audio performance with the greatest in wireless and microphone technology, the Penrose X and Penrose will change the way you experience gaming audio.

Penrose X and Penrose are available to pre-order now at audeze.com/penrose. The first 1000 units will be available at just $249; that's $50 off the full retail price of $299!

Penrose_PlayStation(1).png
Penrose_Xbox(2).png

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jul 15, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #3 of 7,191
You know? I will probably get this. Are they coming to Japan? I already have the awesome Mobius

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #6 of 7,191
Oh this is exciting! I play only on PS4, and tried my Mobius with it but it wasn't the most convenient having to connect to it via USB.

Does the Penrose for PS4 have a party chat:game audio slider for example if I wanted to hear my party chat more prominently and less of the game audio? Or will we have to adjust the ratio in the PS4 settings.

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #7 of 7,191
@Audeze , I experienced some crazy permanent driver flex with the Audeze Mobius. It was my fault too that I squished them against my head too much, but I wasn't that rough - the driver was still flexed and crinkled afterward, unable to reset itself to the default position which is usually the case with all-plastic drivers, but these are coated with metal.

Is this perhaps something that you've addressed in this model? Seriously, it's not like I mashed them against my head, and there was another report from a user that didn't even purposefully push them against his head but after removing the pads the driver was also crinkled, that was the only reason I returned the Mobius. Thanks in advance!

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #8 of 7,191
I am fairly confident that Sony will go all in on allowing their 3D Audio to be pushed over BT and USB. It only makes sense.
Now we only need more game designers to design good immersive audio.

@Audeze @KMann

Are there minor technical, tuning differences to the Mobius driver? What did you guys change?

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #9 of 7,191
Looking forward to getting these.
Sadly the postage to buy them directly is a bit high at almost $80us making them cost prohibitive. The local distributor does not yet show them for pre order. Though given the prices they usually charge in excess of what would be conversion rates, shipping and taxes it’s likely it will still be far cheaper to pay the $330us pre order discounted price.

@Audeze
Any news as to whether the local distributors will be offering the pre order discount?

Jul 15, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #11 of 7,191
Looking forward to getting these.
Sadly the postage to buy them directly is a bit high at almost $80us making them cost prohibitive. The local distributor does not yet show them for pre order. Though given the prices they usually charge in excess of what would be conversion rates, shipping and taxes it’s likely it will still be far cheaper to pay the $330us pre order discounted price.

@Audeze
Any news as to whether the local distributors will be offering the pre order discount?

Most of them should be offering the discount.

Jul 15, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #12 of 7,191
@Audeze - Will there be dongle for Xbox X and PS4/5 for sale individually separate from the headset, so that we don't need to get two headsets if we have both systems?

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #13 of 7,191
exciting product, I will definitely take a closer look... just like that on the terrace with the iPad it could be interesting.

Thanks for the introduction!

Jul 15, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #14 of 7,191
Might have to sell my only very recently acquired Mobius to get these -- I value the 2.4GHz low-latency wireless over the 3D and head tracking stuff of the Mobius, so Penrose makes more sense for me.

@Audeze does this have sidetone / zero-latency monitoring of the microphone like Mobius? That's an important thing for me. I currently use the Audio Technica G1WL which has this feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back