Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Apr 21, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #5,747 of 7,191
About to bite the bullet with the Penrose in a couple or so weeks. Hopefully they sound somewhat close in terms of audio quality to my Beyer Dynamic DT770's...
I'm willing to take a slight downgrade in audio quality, if that means i can finally ditch the wire when streaming & gaming!

Apr 21, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #5,748 of 7,191
About to bite the bullet with the Penrose in a couple or so weeks. Hopefully they sound somewhat close in terms of audio quality to my Beyer Dynamic DT770's...
I'm willing to take a slight downgrade in audio quality, if that means i can finally ditch the wire when streaming & gaming!
I like them. Make sure to get from someone with return policy if you don't get on, but like I said I'm finding it fine

Apr 21, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #5,753 of 7,191
Anyone had a mic fail on them? I was in the middle of a call and the headset popped and disconnected from Blutooth. When I reconnected my mic was dead. I tried restarting the headset with no luck. The only thing I did get was a friend could hear me for a few seconds when I moved the boom of the mic
Once it cut back out I was unable to find a spot where I could be heard again.
Yeah the mic on mine completely failed and was replaced under warranty. They also have a weird bug where the volume gets reset back to 0 sometimes and I have to open the app on my phone and raise it back up since Windows can't control volume levels.

Apr 22, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #5,755 of 7,191
whats the official firmware now?
i spoke to soon, i have the massive disconnecting again with the pops and crackles that lasted around 3 minuts non stop, good thing the volume was set very low, and it didnt ramp the volume to max and i wasnt playing music , just on discord with friends and almost no one is talking waiting for a game to finish update

if this happens again when im playing music , it will be the same as my previous penrose that had damage to the diaphram due to this pops and crackles

also had the chance to use my backup headsets again, a corsair void, arctics 7, Logitech G933 , all of them dont have this problem

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #5,757 of 7,191
Are there any updates on the mic and chatmix wheel. The penrose x headset aimed at the xbox market and should really have a easy chatmix. Look at the new xbox headset from microsoft, it has game volume on one side and chat volume on the other. Mic volumed does not need to be so easy avaliable.

Apr 22, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #5,758 of 7,191
Are there any updates on the mic and chatmix wheel. The penrose x headset aimed at the xbox market and should really have a easy chatmix. Look at the new xbox headset from microsoft, it has game volume on one side and chat volume on the other. Mic volumed does not need to be so easy avaliable.
I always use the android app and lower/up volume on individual people in my party on xbox but I know several pages back people requested it to act the way it does now...I do agree it should be reversed but somehow we've been overruled lol.

I'm also in the mic monitoring is way too low camp, but some people don't want it on at all as it creates a little bit of white noise.

Would be nice for them to send out a survey or something for the next firmware features after this one comes out...

Apr 23, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #5,759 of 7,191
Will do. I don't think Audeze themselves, at least at this point is shipping to canada due to covid times.
How's the Bass btw with the Penrose?
I find the bass accurate and tight. I don't like overbloated bass - some headphones remind me of the Sony "mega-bass" button on Discman from an earlier age - not these ones.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #5,760 of 7,191
I always use the android app and lower/up volume on individual people in my party on xbox but I know several pages back people requested it to act the way it does now...I do agree it should be reversed but somehow we've been overruled lol.

I'm also in the mic monitoring is way too low camp, but some people don't want it on at all as it creates a little bit of white noise.

Would be nice for them to send out a survey or something for the next firmware features after this one comes out...

It should be reversed, And the mic monitoring should be adjustable via the app.

The website still states the headset is iOS compatible, which it isn’t and never will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back