Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 8, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #2,881 of 7,191
I understand where you are coming from, but again we are trying our best to get them in and then out to customers as soon as possible. Here is a snippet from the UPS tracking, see the delay between the 3rd and the 7th, we don't know what this happened but it did:

Great - so they didn’t even leave the US until Thursday last week? That’s at least 6 days wasted in the US then based on Audeze’s despatch update. Hmmmmm.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #2,882 of 7,191
Great - so they didn’t even leave the US until Thursday last week? That’s at least 6 days wasted in the US then based on Audeze’s despatch update. Hmmmmm.

Yeah that's more than a little disappointing as Audeze had stated they were dispatching during the week of 23rd Nov, with only Thanksgiving as a national holiday slowing them by a day.

@Oscar-HiFi so reading that does that mean the shipment has landed in the UK?

Also, I appreciate your input, that's good service for you.

Dec 8, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #2,883 of 7,191
Received my order yesterday in Sydney (I'd post a pic, but as a new user I am not permitted such a privilege!) EDIT: Perhaps it did work?

Our local distributor (Addicted To Audio) is in a different State to me - their service has been outstanding.

I only ordered last Tuesday.

NcQiyNW.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #2,884 of 7,191
Yeah that's more than a little disappointing as Audeze had stated they were dispatching during the week of 23rd Nov, with only Thanksgiving as a national holiday slowing them by a day.

@Oscar-HiFi so reading that does that mean the shipment has landed in the UK?

Also, I appreciate your input, that's good service for you.

Please do not take things out of context, that was only a snippet as I said. The shipment was picked up on the 30th.

They are in the UK - making their way to us, fingers crossed we get them today. I am trying to manage expectations here, so please bear with me. We hope to dispatch all pre-orders within 2 working days of receiving them.

Customers who opted for free UK shipping have had this upgraded to a Royal Mail 24 service instead of the normal 48 one. This is not however a guaranteed next day service.

I feel this is all I can say here unfortunately, as I am only a Member Of The Trade. Please just email customer service should you need anything else :)

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #2,885 of 7,191
Please do not take things out of context, that was only a snippet as I said. The shipment was picked up on the 30th.

They are in the UK - making their way to us, fingers crossed we get them today. I am trying to manage expectations here, so please bear with me. We hope to dispatch all pre-orders within 2 working days of receiving them.

Customers who opted for free UK shipping have had this upgraded to a Royal Mail 24 service instead of the normal 48 one. This is not however a guaranteed next day service.

I feel this is all I can say here unfortunately, as I am only a Member Of The Trade. Please just email customer service should you need anything else :)

Well, needless to say, your updates and candour are valued.

Fingers crossed this is the week!

Dec 8, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #2,886 of 7,191

Thanks for the updates, a little patience is just required by people, and realisation that things are out of yours and Audeze's control now. Better to underpromise and overdeliver :relaxed: If they come by the end of this week, that's great, if it's next week it really makes little difference.

Dec 8, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #2,888 of 7,191

Thank you - updates like this really help expectations. Seems these may have been caught in the same backlog that several direct orders (via Fedex) found themselves in. US courier services creaking at the seams it appears.

Looks as though this week is a realistic prospect now (couriers permitting) so all good - appreciate my order is behind a lot of others on here but looks like us UK folk might be able to share some experiences on here soon :L3000:

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #2,889 of 7,191
I have good news for those waiting for the firmware update. After applying the new firmware the microphone now sounds great in Discord, MUCH better than before. My brothers voice regained its definition and he was no longer trying to talk through a sock. Hopefully with some further testing they manage to push it out soon to the public.

Dec 8, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #2,890 of 7,191
I am enjoying this headset much but there’s only one thing bothering me which is this creaking sound that I experience only on the left earcup when i move the earcup. Area is shown below. This sound is only on the left side and there’s no issue with the right side. I see some screws there and was wondering what to do with it?
Anyone can help me?

Dec 8, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #2,891 of 7,191
It does work, just the tunning sound unpleasant to my ears. I have other gaming headsets such as Astro A50 and SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless, even the lastest Sony Pulse 3D headset, They all work better than the Penrose with 3D audio enabled in my opinion, because the tuning of those headset are all too bass heavy and the treble a bit subdue by default, enabling the 3D audio actually balanced them quite well. On the other hand the Penrose sound pretty neutral the begin with, when you enable the 3D audio, it suddenly became hollow sounding, no bass , treble became too much, when you swing a sword in Demon's Soul to a rock, the clank is hurting my ears but if I disable the 3D audio, it sound amazing.

so for you no need to use Tempest audio???
we are going to have 6 years with tempest audio and not be able to use it fine on Penrose ...

and with your sony pulse 3d with tempest on and penrose tempest off, who wins for your opinion?

P.S. Tempest 3D is much needed this generation at least for me. i a m looking for headphones that work with Tempest 3D audio

Dec 8, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #2,893 of 7,191
I'm not being funny but we've had some Aussies in here receiving their shipments from local distributors, and a chap from South Africa also receiving his Penrose already (not sure if direct or distributor?)...

California,USA to Australia - 8,128 miles
California, USA to South Africa - 10,238 miles
California,USA to UK - 5,037 miles

I'm not saying UK should be a priority, but if Audeze had actually shipped to European shores, how the hell are countries like Aus and SA getting stock to distributors beforehand? Aus even has a very stringent border/customs policy, so I would assume the products take longer to clear their customs. Surely being half the distance it should take half as long to arrive, particularly since Audeze committed to 'expedited shipping' to help get products to customers as soon as possible?

Here I was excited to receive the product this week, a product I ordered back on day 2 of pre-orders, that's now been in the wild for almost a month, and still looking no closer to getting it. 😒

If you think things are bad now, just wait until 1 January 2021 when things get really interesting crossing the boarders.

In all seriousness, has Audeze confirmed that these have shipped to the UK already? I know they said international orders are starting to be fulfilled, but didn't see reference to the UK specifically.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #2,894 of 7,191
we are going to have 6 years with tempest audio and not be able to use it fine on Penrose ...

and with your sony pulse 3d with tempest on and penrose tempest off, who wins for your opinion?

P.S. Tempest 3D is much needed this generation at least for me. i a m looking for headphones that work with Tempest 3D audio
I'd expect PS5 3D audio to sound excellent on games that have been designed with it, and for turning it on to cause issues with games that haven't had it built in, as the engine is likely to be trying to do some sort of virtual 3D, vs the separate object based audio with the tempest engine.

Dec 8, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #2,895 of 7,191

That was just my own opinion and personal audio preference, please just take it as a grain of salt. You might love Penrose with Tempest 3D audio on.
I am ok with 3D audio, if I want to have headphone surround, I still have A50 and Arctis Pro wireless or it and in my opinion, they sound even better than Tempest 3D. Though a little bit too much reverberation feels to it. Tempest 3D feels more natural.

Pure audio quality-wise Penrose 3D audio off still heaps better than gaming headsets out there that I have/had with or without Tempest 3D audio on and I have/had a lot of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back