• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 16, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #7,546 of 7,693
i just got a cheap used Mobius (just have to try it lol). i am trying to use the internal dac to connect to an iphone 5S using the apple original camera adapter. even with the phone bluetooth off and when plug in to usb to the apple adapter and the headphone kept saying bluetooth - USB, over and over again, anyone tried to connect like this before?

Sep 16, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #7,547 of 7,693
i just got a cheap used Mobius (just have to try it lol). i am trying to use the internal dac to connect to an iphone 5S using the apple original camera adapter. even with the phone bluetooth off and when plug in to usb to the apple adapter and the headphone kept saying bluetooth - USB, over and over again, anyone tried to connect like this before?

oh now seems working. lol.
so far i am having pretty good experience with it. sounds a bit like a Sine and i haven't encounter anything bad yet. need to try play some game or this mixed reality glasses i have.

would be nice to have option to connect balanced on this.

ok what happened is i have the iphone ligntning cable plugged to wall then to the camera adapter, then the USB next to it i connect to Mobius. when i pull the power cable then it does this bluetooth/usb thing. so i guess it just needs to have some additional power to work. i will go home to try this on android OTG instead.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #7,548 of 7,693
oh now seems working. lol.
so far i am having pretty good experience with it. sounds a bit like a Sine and i haven't encounter anything bad yet. need to try play some game or this mixed reality glasses i have.

would be nice to have option to connect balanced on this.

ok what happened is i have the iphone ligntning cable plugged to wall then to the camera adapter, then the USB next to it i connect to Mobius. when i pull the power cable then it does this bluetooth/usb thing. so i guess it just needs to have some additional power to work. i will go home to try this on android OTG instead.
You are right, the problem lies in the power supply and connections.
Tiny variations in the contacting quality in the Lightning and USB connectors result in a repetitive "make or break".
You can either switch Mobius charging off with a long press on the volume dial (stays active until the next Mobius restart).
Or you do use the more powerful 12W iPad charger.

There is a routine I described somewhere in this topic using contact cleaner to improve to contact quality.
You need a special contact cleaner (Teslanol T6), and under no circumstances do spray directly into Mobius or somewhere, but use wooden toothpicks to sparsely apply the cleaner.
Other cleaners tend to eat the metal of the connectors, so Teslano T6 is the only one I could recommend.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #7,549 of 7,693
You are right, the problem lies in the power supply and connections.
Tiny variations in the contacting quality in the Lightning and USB connectors result in a repetitive "make or break".
You can either switch Mobius charging off with a long press on the volume dial (stays active until the next Mobius restart).
Or you do use the more powerful 12W iPad charger.

There is a routine I described somewhere in this topic using contact cleaner to improve to contact quality.
You need a special contact cleaner (Teslanol T6), and under no circumstances do spray directly into Mobius or somewhere, but use wooden toothpicks to sparsely apply the cleaner.
Other cleaners tend to eat the metal of the connectors, so Teslano T6 is the only one I could recommend.

Rubbing alcohol can eat metal?

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #7,550 of 7,693
Rubbing alcohol can eat metal?
No, not alcohol, which does not clean contacts anyway and does not improve contacting.

I'm talking about those dedicated electrical contact cleaners / rust disolvers that are all around like the "Kontakt 60", "WD 40", "Caramba" and the like.
The famous (at least here in Europe) "Kontakt 60" eats it's own metal spray-bottle, so beware!

There may be others that work well (but I can't comment on), but "Teslanol T6" is the king.
It cleans, and leaves a film that improves contacting by reducing contact resistance.
Plus, it reduces wear when plugging the connectors, specially protects the thin gold layer on the contact's surfaces.
This film does not attract dirt, like the Vaseline that's sometimes used for the same purpose.

I found that it works well with the slightly problematic USB-C connector on Mobius.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #7,552 of 7,693
In case there are any gamers considering the Mobius, this guy puts his through some practical tests...

That was a good real world review and echos much of my own experience gaming with my Mobius. The bottom line is - they are THE best headset for gaming period. People that say the head tracking isn't a big deal simply don't understand what they are talking about. I can't say enough good things about them - I love them and can't ever go back to anything that doesn't match the feature set.

Sep 26, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #7,553 of 7,693
Getting up-to-speed with Mobius coming in tomorrow and quick question are there any TV/home cinema dongles that will kick out Dolby 5.1/7.1 wirelessly to them for netflix or is that not possible at all...?

You should (meaning I haven't done it) be able to use a PC with a soundcard featuring optical (sp/dif over toslink) input. Basically you input 5.1 channel to the PC and then mix it into virtual surround and output to headphone.

You would connect the optical output to the PC input, then go to sound properties and right click the optical recording device and set it to play to the Mobius playback device and tick "Listen to".

Presumably the Mobius would mix the 5.1 channel audio into Waves 3D virtual surround.

Or alternatively you could use HeSuVi and use "any" virtual surround algorithm you wanted.

An alternative to using a PC is using a Mixamp or similar device although you will be restricted to the headphone virtual surround algorithm of the device.

So what's the verdict on these headphones as far as hiss? I have bought them twice and returned them both times because of hiss but they were the best headphones that I've used barring that. I was a bit gutted when the second pair also had the issue.

Has the hiss been addressed?

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #7,555 of 7,693
Is this the newest firmware?

JFJfrqk.png

Oct 26, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #7,558 of 7,693
That was a good real world review and echos much of my own experience gaming with my Mobius. The bottom line is - they are THE best headset for gaming period. People that say the head tracking isn't a big deal simply don't understand what they are talking about. I can't say enough good things about them - I love them and can't ever go back to anything that doesn't match the feature set.

How do you feel about the bluetooth as the only option for wireless on this set? (latency, connectivity, etc) I am looking to sell my whole collection and replace them with this set because I am mainly a pc gamer and listen to music in between or just doing chores etc. I have too many headphones but the most I usually pick-up because of the wireless is my Logitech G533 $60 headset sadly.

Oct 27, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #7,559 of 7,693
Mobius with 3D off and a flat preset is really pretty flooring. It feels like I’m wearing a Bluetooth LCD headphone. I’d be open to using these at the gym, but there are better options for that purpose since I’m concerned about wearing them out from sweat.

It’s interesting to see Audeze added a recommendation to use the Flat preset when listening to Mobius with 3D off in their guide. They really do listen to every single piece of feedback.

3D can be cool for music, but where it really shines is with a proper 5.1/7.1 mix.

They built upon the EL-8 with a noticeably better, more natural-sounding (and less fatiguing) default frequency response, and a significantly more powerful on-board Cipher.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #7,560 of 7,693
How do you feel about the bluetooth as the only option for wireless on this set? (latency, connectivity, etc) I am looking to sell my whole collection and replace them with this set because I am mainly a pc gamer and listen to music in between or just doing chores etc. I have too many headphones but the most I usually pick-up because of the wireless is my Logitech G533 $60 headset sadly.

For me the bluetooth has been great for several reasons. First let me say that I don't use my headphones in bluetooth mode with my primary system. I play games with the headphones wired via USB. Where Bluetooth has been an added bonus for me is that I have them paired with my phone and my computer for work which I get a ton of VoIP calls on. All I have to do is unplug my headset and it instantly connects with no interaction from me to whatever device is closet. When I'm done - plug it back in and Windows adjusts and makes it the primary output device.

As for the bluetooth itself I can tell you that the range is excellent - I live in a 2000 square foot house and can walk anywhere in it and still be connected to my phone or work machine. I can't comment much on what you really want to know which is how is the gaming with them because I haven't gamed using bluetooth exclusively. Hopefully some of what I mentioned is helpful in figuring out if the mobius is your end game solution :)

Marco

Users who are viewing this thread

Back