• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 26, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #7,366 of 7,693
I ordered the Pads as I have very little self-control. Question! Does 3D work over Bluetooth? It does not for me.

Mar 26, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #7,367 of 7,693
I ordered the Pads as I have very little self-control. Question! Does 3D work over Bluetooth? It does not for me.
yes, are you using ldac? if so it defaults to 24/96, which puts the mobius in high res mode, you have to manually change the bit/sample rates to 16/44 or 16/48 and that will switch to 2channel mode, dont forget to change off ur eq preset and change back after switching modes.

Mar 26, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #7,368 of 7,693
Thank you. LDAC! That’s the culprit. I forgot LDAC works differently than other codecs.

Mar 28, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #7,370 of 7,693
I may have posted about this before, but I am unable to get my Mobius to pair with my Sony Bravia (Android) TV or my Apple TV. Both of them are Bluetooth enabled, and have easily accessible "pairing" or "add new device" options, but neither of them will connect to my Mobius. For whatever its worth, neither my laptop nor my iPhone has any trouble whatsoever, so I'm familiar with what should be a very simple process.

Is there something I am missing about what needs to be done in order to pair my Mobius with my TV / AppleTV? This is a big reason why I ordered the Mobius ( which I'm otherwise very happy with ) but this is a little bit frustrating.

Any insight, even in ELI5 format, would be very much appreciated.

Mar 28, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #7,371 of 7,693
I may have posted about this before, but I am unable to get my Mobius to pair with my Sony Bravia (Android) TV or my Apple TV. Both of them are Bluetooth enabled, and have easily accessible "pairing" or "add new device" options, but neither of them will connect to my Mobius. For whatever its worth, neither my laptop nor my iPhone has any trouble whatsoever, so I'm familiar with what should be a very simple process.

Is there something I am missing about what needs to be done in order to pair my Mobius with my TV / AppleTV? This is a big reason why I ordered the Mobius ( which I'm otherwise very happy with ) but this is a little bit frustrating.

Any insight, even in ELI5 format, would be very much appreciated.
Are you double tapping the headphone power button to put it into pairing mode?

Mar 28, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #7,373 of 7,693
I am. Trying to pair using the same sequence that connects my Mobius to my laptop and iPhone. The TV just sort of hangs there, searching for devices, and the Mobius is in pairing mode. They just never connect.
Any chance your headphones are paired with your Mac or phone while you are trying to do this? Other than that, can't think of anything else.

Mar 28, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #7,374 of 7,693
This is the way I think it works.... put the headphones on and turn the power on... if you hear the girl tell you paired.... then you will need to find the device that the headphones paired to when they were powered on... then turn the device bluetooth off... and you do that until there are no other msgs telling you that its paired.... then turn on the headphones put them in pairing mode and then turn on your other device you want to pair with... it should then pair... works for me anyway... I think there is also a limit on how many devices can be paired... ??

Mar 28, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #7,375 of 7,693
This is the way I think it works.... put the headphones on and turn the power on... if you hear the girl tell you paired.... then you will need to find the device that the headphones paired to when they were powered on... then turn the device bluetooth off... and you do that until there are no other msgs telling you that its paired.... then turn on the headphones put them in pairing mode and then turn on your other device you want to pair with... it should then pair... works for me anyway... I think there is also a limit on how many devices can be paired... ??

Double tap the power button. It will go in pairing mode, then connect to whatever device you want.

Mar 28, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #7,376 of 7,693
Any chance your headphones are paired with your Mac or phone while you are trying to do this? Other than that, can't think of anything else.

Good question. When I get home, I will make sure that I manually disconnect my Mobius from any other sources before trying to set this up again. This step hasn't been necessary to switch between sources where its already working, but perhaps something there is preventing the headset from making the initial connection?

Mar 28, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #7,377 of 7,693
Carbon gel pads on copper:

CAD5C918-3EAE-489D-9134-ABD1B5E71D86.jpeg 30A8B435-074B-4BF2-BDAB-D8638E7DE935.jpeg

Mar 29, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #7,379 of 7,693
Lookin classy! So how do they feel? Less hot? Better seal with glasses? What's the bright blue say on the inside/planar cover?
The internal gel layer actually feels initially more firm than the originals (think gel/memory foam pillow versus down). Similarly, it eventually forms to your head and creates a better seal -- to the point that it creates a vacuum. If it were a dynamic driver IEM, it would probably be enough to cause driver flex.

It does initially feel quite a bit cooler around my ears and over time stays about temperature neutral. Haven't tried it with glasses just yet. Makes me wish the top pad was also replaceable with the same materials. I also haven't done an analytical listening comparison but the sound didn't seem too different from the original pads.

Edit: the internal blue letters by the drivers just says Audeze (with the logo) and R or L for right and left designation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back