• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 30, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #5,881 of 7,693
Last tracking update for me is from 11:55 pm August 28, 2018. The wording “on its way to USPS” is vague but I’m pretty sure my headphones are still on the boat, not in the country yet.

ETA:
Apologies for posting about shipping. I’m ridiculously excited for my pair to arrive, having found a pair of Bt IEMs I finally can enjoy.

Personally I kinda dig everyone talking about this since this moment will only happen once. This is nice moment for all the IGG backers.

It is fun to be excited about hobbies, enjoy them mate! Try out that music profile for female vocals. :D and don't forget to download the software! https://www.audeze.com/audeze-hq-application

Aug 30, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #5,882 of 7,693
Hey guys,

So what's everyones opinion on the testing done by Rtings, who according to their empirical/non-subjective tests (scores out of 10) the G533 compares more favourably to the K702s:

G533
Bass
= 9.2
Mid = 8.1
Treble: 8.7
Soundstage: 7.3

AKG K702
Bass
= 7.8
Mid = 8.8
Treble = 7.9
Soundstage = 7.4

The reason I ask, is whether a non-audiophile such as myself will notice the difference between these two? See I am a gamer and in the market for a new headset/audio set-up for purely FPS gaming (PUBG, CS:GO etc.), I will not be looking to use outside or listen to an extensive amount of music through it. At this moment in time, I seem to have narrowed it down to 2 options (G533 or K702) through website/forum trawling.

Very interested to see why the AKG K702 didn't score as well as the G533, which according to many audiophile is the better headphone. One thought I had was the K702 needs a good soundcard to power it?

Also, does this dispel the notion that wireless sound is a poorer quality than wired? Like how once upon a time they said wireless mouses lagged...

That's some real random non mobius related crap right there.

Don't know what a G533 is, but if it's a gaming headphone, there's a good chance that the majority here has not heard it.

Aug 30, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #5,883 of 7,693
Music - sounds good. Sound is pretty good out of the box. It sounds like a planar.

using Hifi Mode, Flat EQ, the sound signature does remind me a bit of the Audeze Sine but more expansive -- Think Hifiman sound.

The Music EQ mode sounds more like the LCD series to me, which is warmer, darker, and richer.

Only impressions on a few rock/country/folk songs.

The 3D 7.1 head tracking is pretty freakin impressive. I've only tried it with songs, but man, the headtracking is lag-free and works. It's like you're in a concert in a small box. haha.

Will run measurements on FR later today on all the modes and post my results.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #5,884 of 7,693
Hey guys,

So what's everyones opinion on the testing done by Rtings, who according to their empirical/non-subjective tests (scores out of 10) the G533 compares more favourably to the K702s:

G533
Bass
= 9.2
Mid = 8.1
Treble: 8.7
Soundstage: 7.3

AKG K702
Bass
= 7.8
Mid = 8.8
Treble = 7.9
Soundstage = 7.4

The reason I ask, is whether a non-audiophile such as myself will notice the difference between these two? See I am a gamer and in the market for a new headset/audio set-up for purely FPS gaming (PUBG, CS:GO etc.), I will not be looking to use outside or listen to an extensive amount of music through it. At this moment in time, I seem to have narrowed it down to 2 options (G533 or K702) through website/forum trawling.

Very interested to see why the AKG K702 didn't score as well as the G533, which according to many audiophile is the better headphone. One thought I had was the K702 needs a good soundcard to power it?

Also, does this dispel the notion that wireless sound is a poorer quality than wired? Like how once upon a time they said wireless mouses lagged...

@Mad Lust Envy has a Gaming headphone thread that has ratings, reviews from him and others for almost every headphone for gaming known to mankind on headfi. This is the link: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mad...pping-section-dekoni-audio-pads-added.534479/

Aug 30, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #5,885 of 7,693
Music - sounds good. Sound is pretty good out of the box. It sounds like a planar.

using Hifi Mode, Flat EQ, the sound signature does remind me a bit of the Audeze Sine but more expansive -- Think Hifiman sound.

The Music EQ mode sounds more like the LCD series to me, which is warmer, darker, and richer.

Only impressions on a few rock/country/folk songs.

The 3D 7.1 head tracking is pretty freakin impressive. I've only tried it with songs, but man, the headtracking is lag-free and works. It's like you're in a concert in a small box. haha.

Will run measurements on FR later today on all the modes and post my results.
This is what we've all been waiting for! WooT! Headphone discussion!

Aug 30, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #5,887 of 7,693
Just remember, Default, NOT Flat is the intended 'real' tonal balance for the Mobius in stereo mode.

Aug 30, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #5,888 of 7,693
We actually tested this with the overwatch audio team. If you enable Atmos on verwatch, disable the 3D on the Mobius.
If you enable 5.1 audio on overwatch, enable the 3D audio on Mobius

Just remember, Default, NOT Flat is the intended 'real' tonal balance for the Mobius in stereo mode.

Are these kind of specific rules/setups going to be in the manual, I hope?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #5,889 of 7,693
Are these kind of specific rules/setups going to be in the manual, I hope?

Manual states that the Default is the Audeze house curve.

Aug 30, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #5,891 of 7,693
Well, I spent a few hours listening to music and gaming comparing it to my HD650.

Gaming
Personally I did not find 3D feature compelling, so I switched it off. Compared to my HD650 these have a lot more treble, and to be honest I simply get too tired playing games in these, the amount of treble in first person shooters makes my head hurt. Switching back to HD650 does make me feel like some of the clarity has been lost, but at least I can spend more than an hour playing.

Music
These are my first planars, and aside from hissing issue I do like what I hear. These are faster than HD650, they handle complex guitar and drums in Metallica Ride the Lightning noticeably better than HD650. To be honest, it almost feels like listening to a completely new album it sounded so good. Sub bass impact is also quite a bit more pronounced, for example Marilyn Manson rendition of Tainted Love has quite a bit more impact in the low end. I tried switching between different EQ modes, but to be honest I didn't hear much difference, I think I need to spend more time before I can make any judgement.

Movies
Amazing detail, I can hear all the sound effects I haven't heard before. So much more immersive than HD650.

Hiss
Hiss is definitely there and it is annoying, and contrary to the my earlier assessment, I can definitely hear it when playing certain music tracks/games/watch movies. I can hear it in games when there is a quiet moment, and similarly I hear it in suspense movies when there is a quiet scene, again, extremely annoying. Again, I thought all new shipments were supposed to be fixed. Can Audeze confirm?

Not only that, but when I switch to 2CH mode with 3D on Manual/Auto I also get weird static like noise that is sort reminiscent of in the old days when TV had no signal, and it's even louder than background hiss. Funnily enough if I hit play, then pause while using Foobar/ZoomPlayer, the static noise continues for exactly 20 seconds, and then stops. If I hit stop, there is no static noise. I have no idea What is happening, but there is no way this is normal. Either my pair is defective, or Audeze seriously messed up during design phase.

Can anyone confirm the hissing issues and weird static in 2CH mode and 3D Manual/Auto while playing audio/first 20 seconds after you hit pause?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #5,892 of 7,693
We can open up a new thread to talk about the actual product instead of the product launch
Oh sure, say that after you know yours is on the way ;P

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #5,893 of 7,693
Not only that, but when I switch to 2CH mode I also get weird static like noise that is sort reminiscent of in the old days when TV had no signal, and it's even louder than background hiss. Funnily enough if I hit play, then pause while using Foobar/ZoomPlayer, the static noise continues for exactly 20 seconds, and then stops. If I hit stop, there is no static noise. I have no idea What is happening, but there is no way this is normal. Either my pair is defective, or Audeze seriously messed up during design phase.

Can anyone confirm the hissing issues and weird static in 2CH mode?

This did happen to me when switching modes and not resetting my music player. I've seen my music players act funny when switching sources during playback, but never this noise. It usually just stops playing and I need to restart the program.

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #5,894 of 7,693
Aug 30, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #5,895 of 7,693
This did happen to me when switching modes and not resetting my music player. I've seen my music players act funny when switching sources during playback, but never this noise. It usually just stops playing and I need to restart the program.
I did some more testing, the static/crackling noise only happens when 3D mode is in Manual/Auto. With 3D mode off in 2CH there is just regular background hissing, but no static/crackling.

Off to bed, yawn...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back