• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 23, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #5,493 of 7,693
For those interested in a cheap LDAC mp3 player, Nokia 2 has the android oreo update and is only $99. I personally got the updated Nokia 3 as it launched and it's been alright. Not amazing, but I dont expect much from a $150 phone. Also, idk about Nokia 2, but Nokia 3 can support a 125GB SD card so that's nice

Also, Order 2317 and I received my tracking number today

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #5,494 of 7,693
Seems that way, very weird. The person I talked to game me a label and RMA number.

Guess I'll hold off on sending it till next week.

I had the same happen to me. I contacted them last week and was given two RMA numbers, one for each headset, and a pre-paid label to use for returning them. My last contact with them basically said that they received my headsets and the orders had been put in to get new ones shipped to me. I was also told to expect them to ship by the end of the month.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #5,495 of 7,693
Got my shipping email today; and it wasn't in the spam folder either! Yeah, and lol.

Just had a realization today. As this is primarily a 'sourced from Windows via USB 3 out' device to get the full non-simulated 5.1/7.1 functionality ... I think I have a new use case for my Kangaroo and Asus VivoStick micro computers!

While I bought them to be Roon Bridges using a Dragonfly Red DAC or other portable DAC, I think they very well could be used to playback multi-channel dvd audios or videos, as a compact portable playback devices. Add a moderate to large sized external battery and they'll play a day or days on a charge. (I use RDP from my Note 8 Phone to control them remotely without a screen or keyboard connected to the PCs)

Look into it!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017J20D8U/

https://smile.amazon.com/ASUS-VivoStick-TS10-B017D-Intel-Z8350/dp/B01EZGYV9A/

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #5,496 of 7,693
The shipments are sorted by country for customs purpose, so the orders are getting shuffled a little bit. But all units should be shipped out soon. We also made some small changes to the shipment. We had a few units lost during transit in the last shipment. So we have added Tamper evident tape to the package and also added another bag on top to try preventing the stolen items. Thanks for your patience everyone.

i know criminals are going to hate me a lot... for suggesting the following DOABLE things.

suggestions have been made for AGES that if possible laser etched serial number for your products at prominent places, NOT under the cups. either destroy the serial to let everybody KNOWS that u got stolen goods. or keeping the serial intact to be traced.

establish database of lost serials and serial for each trackable sales orders.

just like rolex or iPhone, or lg phones with IMEI checkers.

since it's a firmware headphones, could the headphones be DISABLED for good shall it be reported stolen?

i know it's going to cost manpower and resources to do the above suggestions. however, if Audeze not going to chase those that tarnish your name, who would?!

say for example, how come the following eBay seller has Audeze mobius stand and case for sale NOW?!

where are those goods sourced? is it your official distributor? shall you talk to eBay? look at taobao or alibaba too. there must be some bot able to do it for you.

https://www.ebay.com/str/electricestore

thank you.

i really really want to keep my head, rather than the headphones shall some kids trying to nick the signpost like those beats.

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #5,497 of 7,693
Aug 24, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #5,499 of 7,693
With RHA releasing planar in-ears with 10mm drivers and capable of Bluetooth with just legacy aptX support for $899, it makes Mobius with its 100mm drivers and support for LDAC/AAC look like a bargain as a planar Bluetooth headphone.

Audeze could theroretically do the same with the iSine series with a special cable and make a Bluetooth IEM as low as $299 based on the LX. Though truly wireless is the way I roll with in-ears :wink:.

Edit: No disrespect to RHA though since they also create quality products. I assume it took some engineeeing feat to miniaturize the planar drivers to 10mm. If there’s no LDAC or AAC for $899 and they’re advertising it as a Bluetooth-capable planar IEM then it’s a poor value even if the tuning sounds great.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #5,501 of 7,693
Audeze could theroretically do the same with the iSine series with a special cable and make a Bluetooth IEM

One of these

https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/featured-headphones/muc-m2bt1

and an MMCX adapter that fits the iSine such as

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shure-West...t-Noble-Audio-2-Pin-IEM-adapter-/182220565074

is about the closest I've found in the 5 seconds of searching I did a month or so ago.

I doubt they'd have the power though to drive the iSines - the cipher cable doesn't.

Aug 24, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #5,502 of 7,693
I was so excited when I woke up seeing a DHL shipment confirmation in my junk folder. But it was for a $80m cashiers check, I was so dissapointed because I want my Mobius. :beyersmile:

Aug 24, 2018 at 4:44 AM Post #5,503 of 7,693
I’m continuing to write up impressions but overall my impressions of Mobius are positive. I watched the beginning of a few movies on the STARZ site and was blown away by the quality of the surround mixes on my Mac. You can distinctly hear every channel in pristine quality. Replaying a movie I watched last night, I could hear the details that I was missing on my own surround speaker setup.

Quite tired so can’t get too in-depth right now but it’s probably the best virtualized surround sound on the market. Cinematic audiophiles (do these exist?) will be very pleased.

Thankfully 2.0 is also very good in 3D mode but there is a clear distinction with 5.1/7.1 sources.

Side note: I do wish the headband adjustment mechanism was more precise but I usually use Mobius with it extended all the way out anyway. Build quality seems pretty high. Mobius should hold up well.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #5,504 of 7,693
I’m continuing to write up impressions but overall my impressions of Mobius are positive. I watched the beginning of a few movies on the STARZ site and was blown away by the quality of the surround mixes on my Mac. You can distinctly hear every channel in pristine quality. Replaying a movie I watched last night, I could hear the details that I was missing on my own surround speaker setup.

Quite tired so can’t get too in-depth right now but it’s probably the best virtualized surround sound on the market. Cinematic audiophiles (do these exist?) will be very pleased.

Thankfully 2.0 is also very good in 3D mode but there is a clear distinction with 5.1/7.1 sources.

Side note: I do wish the headband adjustment mechanism was more precise but I usually use Mobius with it extended all the way out anyway. Build quality seems pretty high. Mobius should hold up well.

What seeing for room ambience are you using? I have it set to 41. Default is 35.

Aug 24, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #5,505 of 7,693
Got my tracking number this morning. I'm order #1641 going to the USA. Can't wait for it to arrive. Also I checked and the number comes up in the USPS system but with less information since they don't have it yet.

Im order #616 and still nothing. I guess I get shafted since I live in Norway. But it still sucks that I was 1000 orders ahead of some people who now receive their tracking. Audeze Mobius is still delivering within what I was hoping for so I'm a happy camper. Cannot say the same for my Flowmotion One phone gimbal that i backed on kickstarter (over 1.5 years delayed...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back