• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 15, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #4,951 of 7,693
Another review. Sorry if it's posted before but this thread moves so fast.

Bugger, reads more like a press release than a review.

Lol at the VR comments - how does the Mobius improve (or make heavenly) the already inbuilt HRTF the units have?

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #4,953 of 7,693
Bugger, reads more like a press release than a review.

Lol at the VR comments - how does the Mobius improve (or make heavenly) the already inbuilt HRTF the units have?

Yeah I guess Audeze read the review because they tweeted it and then a few mins later deleted their own tweet. It's why I had to go back and change the link also :D

Aug 15, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #4,955 of 7,693
The V-Moda BomPro sounds very, VERY good. If you clicked on my Soundcloud, the the test sample of it is there. http://www.soundcloud.com/madlustenvy

It sounds not far from the Beyerdynamic MMX300 or Sennheiser Game Ones, which are AMAZINGLY clear microphones. The Beyerdynamic Custom Game also has an exceptional mic.

While they sound amazing, remember, they don't have as much compression, so they WILL pick up more ambient noise than the mic on the Mobius. If you want good isolation from external noise, you WILL have some compression.

So I think Audeze just wanted something more balanced. Clear, but with a decent amount of ambient noise control.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #4,956 of 7,693
MMORPG.com stole my line about Mobius changing the headphone industry :wink:.

Really though, glad to see such a glowing review! I’ve been tossing around the idea of starting a site to compile my reviews for a while as well.

Aug 15, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #4,957 of 7,693
Sennheiser PC37X, Sennheiser Game one/zero, and the V-Moda Boom Pro (attachable to headset) are good headset mics.
I used the V-Moda Boom and everyone on the other end said I sounded like I was in a distant tunnel with marbles in my mouth. While the marbles comment wasn't new :anguished:, the tunnel effect was. I was bummed because I thought that a boom would be better.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #4,958 of 7,693
I think it also has to do with the device you plug your mics into. On the GSX1000, the BoomPro sounds perfect. While I have tested in my pc mic inputs and it doesn't sound as good. None of the headsets do.

Aug 15, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #4,959 of 7,693
I think it also has to do with the device you plug your mics into. On the GSX1000, the BoomPro sounds perfect. While I have tested in my pc mic inputs and it doesn't sound as good. None of the headsets do.
Probably. I used them with the Crossfade 2.

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #4,960 of 7,693
Ok, so I found out that it was my USB hub that for some reason would make the microphone not pick up my voice anywhere near as good as it's supposed to. I switched inputs to its own usb port, so here is the test.

Notes: It sounds nasally compared to the good analog headsets tested, likely due to more voice compression to lower ambient noises. If you wanna compare to some others, just click on my soundcloud page. It's nothing but mic tests of various headsets.

edit: Removed the songs that autoplayed for some reason.

is the knocking sound from background noises or mic hitting something?

I use a Blue Yeti mic for all my online gaming, it is amazeballs.
Used to use a blue yeti as well but got complaints from my overwatch team mates of it picking up my keyboard and mouse clicks....switched to arctis 7 built in mic from then on haha

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #4,961 of 7,693
Edit: I think it was me adjusting mic distance from my mouth. My apologies.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #4,962 of 7,693
I got my Mobius stand today. Smaller than I thought it'd be for some reason but it's cool. I got it for the leather or faux leather pad on it that the mobius skull pad can rest on. Nice little unit for the price but there were two extra flush socket screws and an extra grub screw in the package and the hex key doesn't fit. It's too big, like a 3 or 4mm when the screws actually take a 2.5mm hex key to assemble. Just a heads up in case mine isn't the only case of this.

Now I just need my Mobius to adorn it.

Aug 16, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #4,963 of 7,693
I got my Mobius stand today. Smaller than I thought it'd be for some reason but it's cool. I got it for the leather or faux leather pad on it that the mobius skull pad can rest on. Nice little unit for the price but there were two extra flush socket screws and an extra grub screw in the package and the hex key doesn't fit. It's too big, like a 3 or 4mm when the screws actually take a 2.5mm hex key to assemble. Just a heads up in case mine isn't the only case of this.

Now I just need my Mobius to adorn it.

Photos speak a thousand words:)

Aug 16, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #4,965 of 7,693
Okay, one extra flush socket, I mean hex screw and one grub screw that doesn't quite belong...

The top screws onto the threaded shaft and the hex screw screws in from the bottom into the other end of the shaft. I like the stand for the price.

CvLhGOr.jpg

ttMMD0K.jpg

mxfUGO2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back