• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 11, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #4,696 of 7,693
@Audeze can I request that you ship my Mobius now, no re-work to it? That way I get it in time before I fly to Europe for one year? !!!!! say yes sen pai, I don't even care if it has a little hiss at this point... I don't want to pay 23% VAT charge Ireland has.... :/

Aug 11, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #4,698 of 7,693
Man, I can not wait!
What is it you're hoping for/expecting? What purpose, and will you be comparing it to any other phones?

Aug 11, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #4,699 of 7,693
No..... It's only a "Debate" for those who detect little or no differences in using any type of "upscale" non generic audio setup technique and/or connection or power cables..... (For any number of reasons; But I like to label it in most cases as " Selective, Non Subjective Reasoning Complex")

Try a different material cable & see what YOU think !

Power cables and analog audio cables can theoretically have some effect on the final output, but digital cables are pretty much fungible.

Aug 11, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #4,700 of 7,693
What is it you're hoping for/expecting? What purpose, and will you be comparing it to any other phones?

I am hoping for something equivalent in sound quality or better than my AKG 7xx; to be able to free up my Schitt Magni and Modi for another computer; and to get some good sound with Battle for Azeroth being released on Monday.

How about you?

Aug 12, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #4,702 of 7,693
@Audeze sounds like its getting delayed longer and longer. Is the timeline of "8/16 shipped out fixed units" no longer applying.

I am pretty sure CT007 is referring to $399 buyers... not us $250 backers... ours still should ship August 16th... but does that mean ship from China august 16th and we have to wait 10 days for it get here from China, or ship out of California on August 16th? if cali I might have a chance before I leave for Ireland September 1st... ; ;

Aug 12, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #4,703 of 7,693
I am pretty sure CT007 is referring to $399 buyers... not us $250 backers... ours still should ship August 16th... but does that mean ship from China august 16th and we have to wait 10 days for it get here from China, or ship out of California on August 16th? if cali I might have a chance before I leave for Ireland September 1st... ; ;

My mobius shipped from china on the 24th and delivered on the 27th. They're shipping DHL Express

Aug 12, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #4,704 of 7,693
No that's incorrect as far as I understand it. Like MadLustEnvy said, you don't have surround when you turn 3d off.

None. Like I said, it will just pipe everything into stereo when you turn 3D off. Instead of Windows converting the 7.1 dsignal for stereo so your headphone/speakers can hear it, that will be done on the Mobius side. It's just further down the chain for the same effect. ONLY when you turn 3D on, will that basic conversion not happen and instead it will use a surround dsp to emulate virtual surround with the Mobius, alongside it's HTRF function.

HirschiAUT: Let me see if I can explain it a different way. A headphone only has 2 drivers(speakers) in it... Whenever we talk about 5.1/7.1 surround for the headphone that is always done by Digital Surround Processing (DSP). This is done with a processor chip that tries to recreate a surround effect out of the two drivers with altering frequency response, reverb, echos... and a bunch of other sound engineer jargon. Many companies have their own, patented, way of processing sound to recreate heaphone surround sound. The Mobius uses Wave NX software to do this. You can take a 2.0 sound signal and process that signal to make it sound like speakers or, even emulate a surround sound effect. However, when you send a 5.1/7.1 signal to the DSP chip (inside the Mobius) it has more information (encoded) about where sounds are coming from, and the Mobius chip can take advantage of the extra information and give a more convincing surround sound effect. The 5.1/7.1 signal is just an encoded message for a chip (sound card/mobius) can decode that signal. So the Mobius will not decode the 5.1/7.1 signal unless it comes in through the USC-C and the 3D emulation is turned on. When the 3d emulation is turned on, you are telling it to decode the 5.1/7.1 signal with the chip and nx wave software inside the mobius.

It can be confusing to understand, and even more difficult to explain over the internet... but I hope this helps you understand it better.

Big thanks @all of you, i think i got it now, cant wait to finally get them!

@Audeze one question, since shipping is delayed because of the fix, will the top 20 influencer packages be sent together with the headphone now or still seperately?

Aug 12, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #4,705 of 7,693
I am pretty sure CT007 is referring to $399 buyers
Yes, what the Audeze.com site says currently, when you click on Mobius, "Order Now". When I bought mine the other day, it said late July/early August.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #4,706 of 7,693
I am hoping for something equivalent in sound quality or better than my AKG 7xx; to be able to free up my Schitt Magni and Modi for another computer; and to get some good sound with Battle for Azeroth being released on Monday.

How about you?
Ugh, I really didn't like how extreme and distant the soundstages of the AKG's I tried sounded :\ I'm basically just trying to see if they can out-do my AD700X for FPS gaming, or my L300 for music. Interested in hearing how the new FAZOR stuff sounds, too. :) Sign me up for an Audeze that doesn't weigh 4lbs. (Odd how they don't list headphone weights on their site, innit? "New, lighter tech!" Yeah, well how lighter?)

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #4,707 of 7,693
My mobius shipped from china on the 24th and delivered on the 27th. They're shipping DHL Express

Yeah, DHL only offers an Express (air) service. So you can expect that transit times will be fairly quick once the units are shipped. Shipping from China can be very slow sometimes with non Express shipments, so it's nice they are using DHL.

Aug 12, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #4,708 of 7,693
Ugh, I really didn't like how extreme and distant the soundstages of the AKG's I tried sounded :\ I'm basically just trying to see if they can out-do my AD700X for FPS gaming, or my L300 for music. Interested in hearing how the new FAZOR stuff sounds, too. :) Sign me up for an Audeze that doesn't weigh 4lbs. (Odd how they don't list headphone weights on their site, innit? "New, lighter tech!" Yeah, well how lighter?)

These headphones should handily out perform the AD700X. The AD700X is a solid headphone for gaming though, nice sound stage and good separation, the bass sucks though. I'd be pretty disappointed if these didn't easily surpass the 700X.

Aug 12, 2018 at 2:25 AM Post #4,709 of 7,693
These headphones should handily out perform the AD700X. The AD700X is a solid headphone for gaming though, nice sound stage and good separation, the bass sucks though. I'd be pretty disappointed if these didn't easily surpass the 700X.

I am going to be impressed if they beat my RBH HP-2 with cowhide pads. the speed and attack I get with beryllium metal is kind of jaw dropping.

Aug 12, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #4,710 of 7,693
...the bass sucks though. I'd be pretty disappointed if these didn't easily surpass the 700X.
That's part of why they are king for competitive gaming; no bass makes hearing footsteps/stuff easier. I really wish Audio-Technica wouldn't design their headbands and pads like this, tho. x_x So awful..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back