• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 11, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #4,681 of 7,693
Out of curiosity, would a lightning to USB-C cable allow Mobius to listen to uncompressed audio from an iPhone without the extra ADC of the 3.5mm? If not, is that a possible addition in the future?
This will not work. The iPhone requires a lightning audio module to receive audio out of the Lightning port. The Lightning to USB cable cannot be used for this purpose.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 11, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #4,682 of 7,693
Did anyone used or tried a higher quality USB cable with the Mobius, such as pure copper or silver plated? Just curious:)

I am buying this cable for my mobius. its a gen 2 type c to type c. for laptop listening. only $12. i'm guessing that one audeze including (from the looks of it) is a gen 1 type c to type c. probably doesn't matter, but i trust cable matters as a brand and $10 is worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/USB-IF-Certified-Cable-Matters-Delivery/dp/B01L0F6AJI/

Aug 11, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #4,683 of 7,693
Did anyone used or tried a higher quality USB cable with the Mobius, such as pure copper or silver plated? Just curious:)

AFAIK, USB is digital, so it doesn't what grade copper you get. The digital signal reaches the Mobius all the same. It's then up to the Mobius to do it's fancy stuff.

If you were using analog 3.5mm, then it may make a difference, MAY.

Personally I used pure silver for my LCD-XC.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #4,685 of 7,693
Neat! Totally new to me.
Yeah, its my favorite way of listening, a bit pricey for some of the wire selections, especially through some of these 3rd party vendors like Moon Audio (even though they're one of the cheaper ones, compared to Kimber Cables), but a nice upgrade.

Aug 11, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #4,687 of 7,693
Here we go. The good old cable debate:)
No..... It's only a "Debate" for those who detect little or no differences in using any type of "upscale" non generic audio setup technique and/or connection or power cables..... (For any number of reasons; But I like to label it in most cases as " Selective, Non Subjective Reasoning Complex")

Try a different material cable & see what YOU think !

Aug 11, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #4,688 of 7,693
No..... It's only a "Debate" for those who detect little or no differences in using any type of "upscale" non generic audio setup technique and/or connection or power cables..... (For any number of reasons; But I like to label it in most cases as " Selective, Non Subjective Reasoning Complex")

Try a different material cable & see what YOU think !

Cannot tell if serious.

If we were talking analog cables, I might (and I stress MIGHT) pay attention, but we're talking digital cables here.... 0s and 1s. Not 0, vs. 0.003. 0s and 1s.

If you were joking, my bad.

Aug 11, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #4,689 of 7,693
No, definitely not especially on an iPhone. Apple Music sounds better than Tidal via Bluetooth AAC since the music doesn’t have to be downcompressed. I think on Mobius you’ll be satisfied with Apple Music via Bluetooth AAC enough so not to use a wire with it, which is exactly what I expected. It’s direct uncompressed data transmission.

When I had the Sine I only used it with Tidal lossless. Same with the EL-8. Apple Music didn’t have the same wow effect since the drivers are detailed enough for lossless music. There was a clear distinction. I think Mobius has enough musicality to sound perfectly fine with compressed music though. You have the Sine so I think you know what I’m talking about.

I'm pretty sure that's a common misconception that's not actually true. System sounds are mixed in and overlaid. That means there is definitely recompression happening since the audio is being mixed.

Aug 11, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #4,690 of 7,693
I received the first of my 3 orders. There’s no hiss. Sound quality is excellent with usb and Bluetooth. Head tracking is really cool. Comfort and build quality are top notch. Exactly what I expected from Audeze.

Aug 11, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #4,692 of 7,693
I received the first of my 3 orders. There’s no hiss. Sound quality is excellent with usb and Bluetooth. Head tracking is really cool. Comfort and build quality are top notch. Exactly what I expected from Audeze.
No hiss? Is this a revised unit? Otherwise that’s fairly surprising.

Aug 11, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #4,693 of 7,693
Looks like the site info just changed from July/early August to "Your Mobius will ship at the end of August or beginning of September."

Aug 11, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #4,694 of 7,693

Congratulations and happy to hear that things are fixed.... or did you get the non reworked one and you're not hearing the hiss?

Also, if you would be so kind as to let us know backer number and where you're located, I'm sure a lot of us will appreciate it! :)

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #4,695 of 7,693
Congratulations and happy to hear that things are fixed.... or did you get the non reworked one and you're not hearing the hiss?

Also, of you would be so kind as to let us know backer number and where you're located , I'm sure a lot of us will appreciate it! :)

Order ID 155
Set the Metal
Assume not reworked.
Tennessee
I hear no hiss. Dead quiet.
Happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back