• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 10, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #4,621 of 7,693
It's an IGG campaign... Of course it will be late. I'm glad they are fixing the hiss problem because that's a lot more than I would have expected. I'll trade a month of time without headphones to get that. Easy. People complaining here are rediculous. If you didn't want to wait around for basically an Alpha product, why did you back the campaign? So many nubs in this thread.

Aug 10, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #4,623 of 7,693
Amp3 in the uk have both in stock now, 10 percent code works. £315.00 Not sure how that compares to the igg price.

Aug 10, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #4,624 of 7,693
You need to go back to school and learn how percentages work, lol.
Tell me how to make 99 parts of something, without having at least 100 parts(integers/companies)?
9 of 10 = 90%
99 of 100 = 99%

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #4,625 of 7,693
Amp3 in the uk have both in stock now, 10 percent code works. £315.00 Not sure how that compares to the igg price.

They probably mistakenly put it on their site early. If they actually do have them in stock then they are the pre-fix version. I don’t see why a dealer would sell that version knowing there is an issue with them or think Audeze would allow them to sell it.

Aug 10, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #4,628 of 7,693
It's an IGG campaign... Of course it will be late. I'm glad they are fixing the hiss problem because that's a lot more than I would have expected. I'll trade a month of time without headphones to get that. Easy. People complaining here are rediculous. If you didn't want to wait around for basically an Alpha product, why did you back the campaign? So many nubs in this thread.

I have backed several Kickstarters with the understanding it would be delayed. 1 month delay is fine, 6 weeks even is fine, I knew I would be leaving for Ireland September 1st... two month delay is not fine, when basic quality control of actually listening to headphones at end of production line on arandom basis (dont even have to listen to all headphones, just randomly turn some of them on to make sure final product sounded good on a random chosen basis)... thats a basic 101 manufacturing oversight... as I said before I worked at a factory that made christmas trees, we would always turn the tree lights on before final boxing period to make sure no bulbs were burned out... phone companies do same as well to make sure everything looks up to par and sound works, etc. headphones... literally only have to be plugged in and listening to for a split second just to make sure sounds ok... :/ I'm not talking advanced diagnostics here, I am talking basic manufacturing.

Tell me how to make 99 parts of something, without having at least 100 parts(integers/companies)?
9 of 10 = 90%
99 of 100 = 99%

do you remember in Algebra 1 class when you did fractions and ratios...? revisit those chapters.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #4,629 of 7,693
do you remember in Algebra 1 class when you did fractions and ratios...? revisit those chapters.
None of you have been able to disprove this seemingly simple math(that you apparently can't just explain?), which I still believe to be quite correct... You need at least 100 things to = 99% of something(or 66 of 67 items, at a minimum, and you're rounding up). But, I did discover there are in fact a surprisingly large number of supposed smartphone manufacturers! https://www.phonearena.com/phones/manufacturers :D Dell makes a smartphone?? Who knew lol

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #4,630 of 7,693
How do they compare to the AD700, for 3D pinpointing and overall SQ?? Can you remove the battery when using the cable, to reduce weight?

I plan to download Fortnite onto my Mac specifically to test how it works for gaming in 5.1/7,1 but Mobius is definitely the better-sounding of the two headphones. (Will write a full comparison soon.)

The battery can’t be removed as it is an active headphone.

Aug 10, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #4,631 of 7,693
I plan to download Fortnite onto my Mac specifically to test how it works for gaming in 5.1/7,1 but Mobius is definitely the better-sounding of the two headphones. (Will write a full comparison soon.)

The battery can’t be removed as it is an active headphone.
Awesome! Thanks. Can't wait :)
Sucks about the battery, but they're probably not very heavy.

Aug 10, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #4,632 of 7,693
lol... sure thing bud... I have worked in several warehouses over the years, including a christmas tree factory, and they always tested to make sure all the lights were working at final product before boxing... how is this any different? Audeze should have overseen the entire process and said lets turn on the headphones before we box them up... its kind of 101 when producing headphones... but sure thing you know everything about manufacturing I have no doubts!

Except some companies don't do percentages for testing. One plus doesn't. They literally test every unit with their standard tests before it goes out the door. They randomly select from each batch a certain number of phones for more extreme stress tests were are designed to break those randomly selected phones. They WILL break them. The point of the stress test is to see if the phone makes it to a certain threshold before breaking. If those phones make it out of that batch, then the batch goes through. If not, and then the batch and neighboring batches are pulled fore retesting and rebuilding.

Some places go overboard on QC, and some don't. The point being the margin on phones is a lot thinner than the margin on headphones.

However, I am just giving info here. I am not criticizing anyone or anything. I am only explaining the thorough process some companies take. I do not know how Audeze does their QC process nor claim to know. Until I do know, I can make any real criticisms at this point.

To the people making the point about the engineering and design needing to make the QC standards... that is still all part of the QC process. They may be the designers and not the testers, but they are still QC. In a well run shop, the testers know enough about the standards to help the engineers/designers come up with proper specs and test cases for those specs.

I write engineering standards and help develop requirements for engineering drawings for a living and yea, we do work with our internal quality teams to improve our requirements as necessary. That said, when you farm out your work to subcontractors, the majority of the time, they will not go above and beyond what the requirements are. They are most likely going to follow the requirements given to them and build their quality system around it. At least where I work, we always go audit the supplier and make sure what they are doing meets our intent and how they inspect is acceptable.

Yes, end item sampling plans can be performed on many products but it can be expensive, depending on the value of the product. It's usually better to have a very robust quality system where you are doing Quality and process controls upstream of the final inspection. :)

I don't know what Audeze and their sub do, but it's been mentioned before that Audeze has been on-site with the supplier working through quality inspection and manufacturing oversight. I imagine if this were true, that their engineering design just didnt have the tolerances for noise or the minimum noise requirements were set incorrectly based on their limited beta testing, as they have explained.

Aug 10, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #4,633 of 7,693
I write engineering standards and help develop requirements for engineering drawings for a living and yea, we do work with our internal quality teams to improve our requirements as necessary. That said, when you farm out your work to subcontractors, the majority of the time, they will not go above and beyond what the requirements are. They are most likely going to follow the requirements given to them and build their quality system around it. At least where I work, we always go audit the supplier and make sure what they are doing meets our intent and how they inspect is acceptable.

Yes, end item sampling plans can be performed on many products but it can be expensive, depending on the value of the product. It's usually better to have a very robust quality system where you are doing Quality and process controls upstream of the final inspection. :)

I don't know what Audeze and their sub do, but it's been mentioned before that Audeze has been on-site with the supplier working through quality inspection and manufacturing oversight. I imagine if this were true, that their engineering design just didnt have the tolerances for noise or the minimum noise requirements were set incorrectly based on their limited beta testing, as they have explained.

I understand everything you just said, but if an Audeze rep was there on site, doesn't it make logical sense to put on one of the end products before it gets boxed up, just one out of the 4000, and turn it on and listen to some music briefly... they are headphones after all... it would have been really easy to test before shipping halfway around the world. I'm not even saying test all of them on a randomized serial method like a lot of companies, I literally am jus saying test one headphone to make sure it sounds as expected before you spend an exorbitant amount on shipping worldwide.

Aug 10, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #4,634 of 7,693
lol... sure thing bud... I have worked in several warehouses over the years, including a christmas tree factory, and they always tested to make sure all the lights were working at final product before boxing... how is this any different? Audeze should have overseen the entire process and said lets turn on the headphones before we box them up... its kind of 101 when producing headphones... but sure thing you know everything about manufacturing I have no doubts!

Fun fact: the first person to call the other bud in an argument automatically loses. Sign of weakness.

Should the QC also test distortion? Presumably yes. How much is too much though? Is 0.1% THD ok? 0.001%? 0.00000001%? How should QC know? Depends what was deemed acceptable at the time of design.

This is exactly why QC is not necessarily to blame for background noise. How much is too much? Depends on what the engineers said was ok.

Aug 10, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #4,635 of 7,693
The white noise is distinctly noticeable if you put Mobius on and turn it on/off. Regardless of why it passed rigorous QC (and Audeze does have high standards), they’re fixing it so it’s really a non-issue.

I do think the average consumer would have noticed it since once you get the idea of a hiss into their heads they end up paying a lot of attention to it, and the market for a high-end product like Mobius is a picky group of technophiles/audiophiles. Again, they absolutely made not just the right decision to fix it but from a marketing perspective really the only decision in this scenario. They have a quality product to back it up and getting it perfect ensures its success.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back