• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 7, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #4,382 of 7,693
Well the copper is rounder, smoother, much more lush and warm. It's definitely the more creamy sound. Musicality is unsurpassed and it's just plain fun, foot tapping even. Every day I'm surprised at how thick and full the copper sounds vs the blue. The tonality Is just so much more toneful
I prefer white gold.

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #4,383 of 7,693
Very Nice!
I, uh, I got some flashlights today.

It’s cool in its own way, but not the same.

I have used many Bluetooth devices that can be controlled or have settings change via Bluetooth. It’s just data, and in fact both the iPhone 8 generation and the Mobius (IIRC) have Bluetooth 5, which can carry double the data rate (more than LDAC, theoretically in an ideal environment) or trade that for a huge range boost (over 200 feet) at bluetooth data rates we’re used to with 4.2, and support dual simultaneous connections.

The main barrier to entry with any iOS app is the lengthy App Store approval process. A lot of malware and straight-up inoperable apps are rejected and filtered out, but time is money. Is an app possible? Yes... and it’s not like Audeze doesn’t have a relationship with Apple, there are Audeze headphones on the shelves nearby the Beats.

@MICHAELSD something else you said, but failed to multiquote for me: are you using the Mobius 3D processing, on top of Dolby Headphone processing? Come to think of it, I’ve never tried “double dipping” myself, but I always assumed it would be some sort of mess. Consider myself interested in your findings!

I can’t say how I rank surround processing anymore (but Mad knows, I actually hear much the same as him except certain things sound more realistic to me and therefore more immersive, and we shared a third friend who preferred CMSS-3D before he evaporated), but Gaming is the real test of surround for me. That’s partially because it’s interactive, to give the player a sense of orientation and alignment (hey, kinda like head tracking!), but also because most movies have most of the sound cues concentrated in front of the viewer, to match your attention on the screen and the Director’s perspective. Side cues are used sometimes, like to extend the panning effect of a car driving by, but rear cues are almost never used... so, IMO surround is much more useful and immersive in gaming (where there’s persistent sounds from any direction), whereas surround is sadly treated more as an effect or gimmick in movies.

Anyway! Hope there’s more impressions to slake us thirsty folk waiting, enjoy your first-mover limelight!

I do plan to test it with virtualized Dolby to see how that turns out since you can’t get native 5.1 out of an Xbox. That could either turn out to be quite odd or an adequate substitute that’s enhanced by the head-tracking. Uncompressed stereo is probably the way to go but I will check it out.

Have you played any PC games with this headset? Any chance you could compare them to the ATH AD700? I know they are totally different headsets, but that is my main gaming headset at the moment.

I will test and let you know.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #4,384 of 7,693
Quick question. My Mobius has no issues pairing to either my iPhone or MacBook air ( that is, connection is confirmed, device seems to be sending signal to Mobius), but, once paired, no sound comes through.

I know Mute is NOT on, but let's assume this is user error. What am I screwing up?

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #4,386 of 7,693
Quick question. My Mobius has no issues pairing to either my iPhone or MacBook air ( that is, connection is confirmed, device seems to be sending signal to Mobius), but, once paired, no sound comes through.

I know Mute is NOT on, but let's assume this is user error. What am I screwing up?

Do you have Aux or USB plugged in? There is a priority order on sources and bluetooth is last. Try unplugging all cables or manually changing the source input via the headphone buttons. There is a page in their FAQ on source priority.

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #4,388 of 7,693
I do plan to test it with virtualized Dolby to see how that turns out since you can’t get native 5.1 out of an Xbox. That could either turn out to be quite odd or an adequate substitute that’s enhanced by the head-tracking. Uncompressed stereo is probably the way to go but I will check it out.
I will test and let you know.

Mobius is also a very linear closedback headphone. If you turn off all 3D, you will be able to use the 3D algorithms on the host. For example in Overwatch you can enable native Dolby Atmos decoding and use the Mobius without 3D and it sounds very good as well.
Is it possible to play music through the 3.5mm connector without turning the mobius on?

Also seems I cannot charge the Mobius and play music through the 3.5mm?
Yes. It is possible to play through 3.5 mm when charging using USB. You can use the 3D button (doubleclick) to manually switch between the three inputs.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 7, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #4,389 of 7,693
I figured as much, just curious how seamlessly it would combine with the head-tracking. Should be a fun comparison. Will need to get a 3.5mm adapter for my controller or a newer controller that has 3.5mm built-in.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #4,390 of 7,693
Do you have Aux or USB plugged in? There is a priority order on sources and bluetooth is last. Try unplugging all cables or manually changing the source input via the headphone buttons. There is a page in their FAQ on source priority.

Thanks for the reply. I should have been more clear.

With no other cables plugged in and Bluetooth paired, there is no sound. I know it should default to Bluetooth in that scenario, but nothing plays. Also, FWIW, trying to manually select sources with no wires connected and Bluetooth synced has no impact.

With USB plugged in, when I manually switch from USB to Bluetooth, the sound drops away. Manually switching to USB brings the sound back.

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #4,391 of 7,693
Thanks for the reply. I should have been more clear.

With no other cables plugged in and Bluetooth paired, there is no sound. I know it should default to Bluetooth in that scenario, but nothing plays. Also, FWIW, trying to manually select sources with no wires connected and Bluetooth synced has no impact.

With USB plugged in, when I manually switch from USB to Bluetooth, the sound drops away. Manually switching to USB brings the sound back.
Please call us and we will be able to trouble shoot / help you with it. Try changing the volume on mobius in BT mode and see if the device is communicating. Though Audio goes over the different codecs, controls go over AVRCP.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 7, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #4,392 of 7,693
IOS application is a bit more complicated because of the internal architecture. The API in Windows/OSX etc allow the data for the DSP configuration to be sent directly to the chipset. Sending this through the BT chipset is complicated and not trivial.

Can you clarify if I will be able to access settings for the Mobius when they arrive as a OSX/ iOS user only? Will I be able to take advantages of future software/ firmware updates?

I appreciate there is a windows app out now, eventually followed by one for OSX and Android.

What’s the time scale for the OSX app?

Are you even considering an app for iOS at all?

I have apps for other Bluetooth headphones on my iPhone so I hope there will be something similar

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #4,393 of 7,693
Please call us and we will be able to trouble shoot / help you with it. Try changing the volume on mobius in BT mode and see if the device is communicating. Though Audio goes over the different codecs, controls go over AVRCP.

Thanks for the reply, Audeze. Quick test: MacBook Air is sending the signal out / indicating connection, but there's no sound and the volume wheel does control volume on the computer.

I'll give you guys a call directly.

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #4,394 of 7,693
Can you clarify if I will be able to access settings for the Mobius when they arrive as a OSX/ iOS user only? Will I be able to take advantages of future software/ firmware updates?

I appreciate there is a windows app out now, eventually followed by one for OSX and Android.

What’s the time scale for the OSX app?

Are you even considering an app for iOS at all?

I have apps for other Bluetooth headphones on my iPhone so I hope there will be something similar

The windows application is already available on the site. Once you set the head size / room size etc on the windows application, the information will be stored on the headphone.
OSX and Android applications are planned, but we do not have an ETA. This is because we have to depend on the chipset vendor to release the API, then validate it and then start porting the application. All features of the windows app might not be available on android.
IOS is not planned and we do not have it in the roadmap since the lightning connection is not possible for the Mobius at the moment. The DSP can only be controlled over the USB connection at the moment.

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #4,395 of 7,693
The windows application is already available on the site. Once you set the head size / room size etc on the windows application, the information will be stored on the headphone.
OSX and Android applications are planned, but we do not have an ETA. This is because we have to depend on the chipset vendor to release the API, then validate it and then start porting the application. All features of the windows app might not be available on android.
IOS is not planned and we do not have it in the roadmap since the lightning connection is not possible for the Mobius at the moment. The DSP can only be controlled over the USB connection at the moment.

Thanks for your reply. Based on above I will not be able to take full advantage of the headset as I won’t be able to set head/ room size due to not being an Android/ windows user. Bit disappointed as I didn’t see anywhere during the indigogo campaign that it will be windows only for quite some time.
And no, I don’t have to option to use a windows laptop anywhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back