• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 5, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #4,216 of 7,693
You still gloss over the biggest draw, affordable closed back planarmagnetic headphone.

So much of your questions could have been answered by just reading the FAQ and looking at the indiegogo page. https://c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-med...it,w_695/v1520801216/rhvooqx2byicjmnrmzlh.jpg

Great chart. But do I get there from the Indiegogo page: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mobius-immersive-cinematic-3d-audio-headphone-headphones

I just see “read the story” which leads to straight ad copy.

Meanwhile I went to the Smyth Realizer Kickstarter page and I have no need to visit head fi at all. It’s so filled with real information. Amazingly well made page.

Aug 5, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #4,217 of 7,693
This isn't designed for the purpose of putting into your home theater system.

...unless your home theatre system runs off a PC running Kodi and you want 7.1 surround into a pair of headphones :dt880smile: This is my exact use case for my Mobius.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #4,218 of 7,693
So the unique selling point of this is latency free head tracking. Let me ask you how many times you move your head while gaming on a PC? Outside of VR that is which already has that built in. If you take the head tracking out of the equation you could have binaural processing on the computer itself and have full wireless multichannel gaming via headset.

Think about that trade off.

Even with slight movements while gaming at your desk will make the head tracking reposition the sound in a lot of ways like real life and make it even more accurate. Minor movements in real life effect sound positioning and it will be the same with the mobius while in game.

Aug 5, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #4,219 of 7,693
I remember saving up money to buy $400 years ago when I was a student. But now that I work hard for my money I look at value as a virtue. Not because I have to but because it makes sense. But it’s offensive to call a $400 headphone “entry level”....I have thousands of dollars of headphones that have turned into paperweights. Because in the end the comfortable one is the one I use nearly 100% of the time.

Dichotomy of logic.

I'm looking forward to using the DAC in my desktop near field speakers, USB C port for the Mobius, and moving my Schitt stack over to my old iMac!

Aug 5, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #4,220 of 7,693
Aside from 4.0 quad and higher, I'm looking forward to using these with my vinyl. Rhythm of the Saints will most likely be my first pick followed by Penny Sparkle. Good times coming

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #4,221 of 7,693
Even with slight movements while gaming at your desk will make the head tracking reposition the sound in a lot of ways like real life and make it even more accurate. Minor movements in real life effect sound positioning and it will be the same with the mobius while in game.

This is, i think, why the rear localization is so much better than virtual surround software without tracking. Your brain is pretty bad at judging things behind you if you head is perfect still. It's the minor movements that help you locate things

Aug 5, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #4,222 of 7,693
This is, i think, why the rear localization is so much better than virtual surround software without tracking. Your brain is pretty bad at judging things behind you if you head is perfect still. It's the minor movements that help you locate things

Try this and let us know what you think:

Aug 5, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #4,224 of 7,693
Hmmm.... It appears that some of you aren't using that wonderful 'Ignore' button that will hide the postings submitted by those posters that you find particularly disagreeable,extremely annoying or seemingly not just constantly on "A different page" than how you've experienced the reality of things they talk about...... In other words TMI that's just useless.

All you need to do is click on the Username with mail envelope Icon next to it & it brings up the Information Window about the User. Within that window you will find the word "ignore" click it & the thread suddenly becomes less "annoyingly" cluttered (He,he, he.... who knows how many people have clicked the ignore button on you, but it's all good, I suppose) (It doesn't start ignoring posters you've clicked until your next visit to the website)

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #4,225 of 7,693
I have before, and I have again just now as a refresher. The mobius does a better job at rear cues, especially lower frequency cues, than that and other stationary binaural recordings.

Interesting. I’ll try it at an Apple store when it comes out. Thanks.

Aug 5, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #4,226 of 7,693
I'd like to repeat the request to be able to activate surround and head tracking seperately, or to be able to switch off surround while leaving head tracking on. It would be a great feature for us console gamers that use Dolby Atmos processing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 5, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #4,227 of 7,693
I'd like to repeat the request to be able to activate surround and head tracking seperately, or to be able to switch off surround while leaving head tracking on. It would be a great feature for us console gamers that use Dolby Atmos processing.
Turning head tracking off. Sure. Doable. Keeping head tracking on but being able to use pre mixed surround? They'd have to still be decoded 8 channel, and to use surround and head tracking you'd need to have the speakers virtually placed within the same dsp to use head tracking. So not doable. You could double up on the virtual surround placement, but it wouldn't be as accurate. As the job is being done twice.

I personally would not like to turn off head tracking to use the surround. Having tried it on the Waves NX Windows app. 60% of the magic is lost.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #4,228 of 7,693
So the unique selling point of this is latency free head tracking. Let me ask you how many times you move your head while gaming on a PC? Outside of VR that is which already has that built in. If you take the head tracking out of the equation you could have binaural processing on the computer itself and have full wireless multichannel gaming via headset.

Think about that trade off.

This isnt just about big head movements from side to side. Nobody moves their head like that all the time. However, your head is always making small adjustments and moving slightly. This helps with localization and pinpointing sound. The point here is to enhance the 3d audio capabilities and actually make it sound like sounds are coming from a fixed position, as they would in real life, or when listening to speakers.

There are already plenty of HRTF solutions on PC, of which some are excellent. Its the combination of HRTF and headtracking that I personally am excited about because it should help really pinpoint those sounds, and enhance the 3d effect. And yes, you can already do that with waves nx (which only costs $10) and a webcam. But to have it in one package, with a wireless planar headphone from audeze... thats why its interesting to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 5, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #4,229 of 7,693
Screenshot_20180806-092556_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20180806-092444_Samsung Internet.jpg
Oh come on. As if anyone posts about the actual technical details. Tell me which search term or even two would have told me the following details:

That it does all processing onboard.

That multichannel requires a usb source.

If you give me those two search terms I’ll never come back to this thread ever again.

"Processing on board" and "multichannel" search results attached.

Hope you keep your word and never come back to this thread.

Bye!~

Aug 5, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #4,230 of 7,693
Though this is likely a discussion for another thread, I would like to point out a few things. I also get your point of view.

When we released Cipher for Sine and El-8, you could also get the very same headphones without the Cipher cable and we provided Cipher at a nominal cost. Cipher cable was not meant to replace a desktop amp/dac. It was a convenience if you want to use your iPhone and I think it achieves that goal. Cipher cables become much more useful with the smaller and more efficient drivers of iSines for a truly mobile solution. We understood the limitation of iDevices and power draw, hence as a way to increase headroom, we introduced Cipher V2 that doubles the voltage swing. The experience we gained working with DSP to get the right sound helped us to leverage it for use in Mobius and future products.

If you have further questions I would be happy toto respond via PM.

i concur with Yoda. :p

it's more about convenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back