• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 2, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #3,841 of 7,693
This is crazy cool (I know, but I find this hella interesting). Have you guys contacted Audeze yet?
This is definitely uplifting. First because all Mobius might need is thicker/denser earpads to just end the whole hissing topic and secondly because I have a.... rather large head on my neck.

I'm sure Audeze is dealing with a lot of PMs. They certainly are monitoring this thread, maybe they will release a modified pad.

To clarify I still get a hiss but it's the very upper frequencies of the original hiss. Much more easily masked by sound.

Aug 2, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #3,842 of 7,693
I've emailed my current point of contact with this information. Hopefully they can verify on their end whether they get a similar result. I'm hoping more head-fiers test this as well.

To lighten the mood, did anyone here the Schiit Vali when it first came out? Now THAT baby had some crazy hum and ringing, and somehow, it was incredibly well received. I still think it's my fave sounding amplifier, despite the fact. Lol.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #3,843 of 7,693
Were these perhaps sold premeditated via "crowd funding" because of known hiss vs a regular sales method? Either way, eagerly awaiting mine to judge for myself the quality. I have a feeling I'll accept it, but most likely not for full sticker price.

Aug 2, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #3,844 of 7,693
Aug 2, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #3,845 of 7,693
I've emailed my current point of contact with this information. Hopefully they can verify on their end whether they get a similar result. I'm hoping more head-fiers test this as well.

To lighten the mood, did anyone here the Schiit Vali when it first came out? Now THAT baby had some crazy hum and ringing, and somehow, it was incredibly well received. I still think it's my fave sounding amplifier, despite the fact. Lol.

I still own it. Yeah, the ringing on that thing was something else. It would go away within the first couple minutes of use, but on occasion slight movements could cause it to start ringing again. Overtime I used it less and less out of growing annoyance. Definitely awesome sound out of it, though.

Aug 2, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #3,846 of 7,693
Here Indiegogo number 5XXX (literally 15 minutes before closing!).

I was hoping to have it for my birthday, end of August...

With all this turmoil and possible delays, I'll hope it will make a nice Christmas present...

Aug 2, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #3,847 of 7,693
Aug 2, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #3,848 of 7,693
@Audeze or if anyone else knows, does the Mobius have active mic monitoring so you can hear your voice when chatting? I've been told I talk way louder than normal, especially if there's a lot of loud sounds in the game (as if I'm trying to hear myself over the noise), during times when I'm not using a device with mic monitoring.

Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it.

Not sure if unique use cases (like not using Windows) applies for you, but you can typically do this within whatever app/system you are using as your mixer. Windows has a check box (input device settings) to feed mic output into the default audio output device, and you can do the same thing with most mixers as well (aka monitoring the mix). The headset you are using shouldn't matter. I know that a few headsets offer this as a feature (probably for consoles), and if a console is your use case, I don't know the answer to that one :).

Other observations: these are my only headphones that make my ears sweaty, even including the Beats Studio 3 (which is also closed, tight around the ear, fake leather pad). Calibrating the microphone when connected to the PS4 controller was pretty tough with the two volume controls and insane gain. My own talking is played back into the headphones when talking into the microphone, too. Not sure how to disable that but I really want to.

-cut short for quoting, click for full post-

@GenEricOne, I can definitely understand not liking that if you're not used to it, but I for one am happy to know it's present. I stumbled on this support article on Audeze's site this morning discussing the feature (they call it Sidetone) - https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...y-can-I-hear-my-microphone-through-my-Mobius-. Unfortunately it doesn't mention anything about the ability to disable it for those that would rather not use it. Maybe a toggle for that is something they can add to the software in the future?

Aug 2, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #3,850 of 7,693
So if I'm reading this correctly, it seems the hissing may be decreased by more internal pressure in the earpad area? it may be worth seeing who has glasses or not, since that may break the seal and make the hiss worse than for those without glasses.

Aug 2, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #3,851 of 7,693
Hey so I know how people are worried about the hissing (iIhave tinnitus so I think I'll be fine) and all but I have some questions for the people with the Mobius already.

To anyone who takes the time to answer my questions about the Mobius, I am extremely thankful.

Has anyone got surround sound without head tracking working? I remember seeing someone say you could and the glorious zendesk faq seems to say you could but can you confirm it works?

Has anyone tried the multiple connections thing? You are supposed to be able to have a wired connection and a simultaneous Bluetooth connection. Is it hard to set up?

Anyone tried a USB connection with their Android phone?

How long is the cable it comes with? Currently have a wireless gaming headset because the cable bothered me and I am wondering if I will have to get a longer cable.

Does it have microphone monitoring? The thing that plays back your mic input in your ears?

Does the software support background noise reduction for the mic?

In general is the microphone of good quality compared to standard gaming headsets from the gaming brands?

I was kinda hoping for a few more in depth reviews about the features and stuff but everyone just talked about sound quality and the hissing which are both important but I still had more questions.

Aug 2, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #3,852 of 7,693
Pressing the cups does quiet the hiss. Seems almost like it cuts down the lower frequencies of the hiss, cleans it up.

could also imply an internal RF or grounding issue if you're flexing stuff inside the cups too...it's an interesting data point that the noise is independent of volume setting from the computer too. Implies the noise is injected after the amp...

Aug 2, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #3,854 of 7,693
could also imply an internal RF or grounding issue if you're flexing stuff inside the cups too...it's an interesting data point that the noise is independent of volume setting from the computer too. Implies the noise is injected after the amp...

Not necessarily, computer volume and amp volume are different, the computer volume is just voltage(i believe it's voltage) sent through the line to the DAC and then the Amp, which amplifies that voltage. It's Digital modulation of the volume rather than analog amplifying that the internal amp does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back