• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 2, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #3,826 of 7,693
Then perhaps people should start stating their volume levels as some minor reference point to see if there is whyt a reason why some constantly hear it and some don't. Perhaps with the goal being to dissuade quiet listeners from getting the Mobius, and maybe more moderate to moderately loud listeners to understand that the hiss may be in fact drowned out at higher levels.

RPG, by varying sources, I don't mean computer sources, the dac or bluetooth, etc. I mean the actual file being played. Some songs may be quieter than others, etc. Some games may be louder than others, etc. Hence why it's not a very accurate point of reference unless we pick a few examples that we can all listen to and see where we lie on volume. Perhaps a youtube video at max volume on the youtube player via PC, and another test on the youtube app on your phone, etc.

I certainly change volume depending on what I'm listening to.

And guys, anyone who has it, please test the pressure on the cups things to see if hiss changes. Would like to see if there is some correlation between the hiss and clamp/pad attenuation. Definitely not the source or hiss or a fix. Just something that alters the behavior as it reaches the ears.

Aug 2, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #3,827 of 7,693
Still, very interesting comments about the pressure.
2 possible reasons for that behaviour: as the earpads compress more, forming a tighter mesh white noise is getting filtered better.
Or maybe it's just the hand shielding the electronics a little bit better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 2, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #3,828 of 7,693
@Mad Lust Envy Peeps are really trying to work with you here.
Could this be used as a temporary test track?

Thank you. Out of my computer:

Mobius on USB, Hi-Res, Volume 26 is my comfortly good enough level with this track. I could go less and be happy, with it being no louder than 30 or it's too loud.

Aug 2, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #3,829 of 7,693
Can anyone please confirm or deny the pressure level test, and see if there is some attenuation of the hiss by adding some clamping pressure (even a slight amount will do).

I think it's in our best interest to see if this may be something Audeze can use for a potential solution in reducing some of the hiss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 2, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #3,830 of 7,693
@Mad Lust Envy Peeps are really trying to work with you here.
Could this be used as a temporary test track? Perhaps too much room reverb? I'm digging it atm. No mobius currently in hand

Windows 10 USB hi-res, youtube player maxed. 28 I can still hear the hiss over the track. After 34 or 36 I can't make out the hiss unless I focus on it. My "comfortable" level for this track would be 24

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #3,831 of 7,693
Still, very interesting comments about the pressure.
2 possible reasons for that behaviour: as the earpads compress more, forming a tighter mesh white noise is getting filtered better.
Or maybe it's just the hand shielding the electronics a little bit better.

I've added force through just pressing in on on the ends of the headband instead and the result is the same: lower hiss, so I don't THINK it's the hands shielding the electronics. I do think it's the former.

Aug 2, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #3,833 of 7,693
Pressing the cups does quiet the hiss. Seems almost like it cuts down the lower frequencies of the hiss, cleans it up.
Thanks for verifying. So this brings up the question, are the varying levels of hiss seen on this thread due to Mobius clamping force and pad compression relative to each individual's head size and shape? This could be a solid lead, I think.

For reference, the Mobius is one click away from being fully extended on both sides on my head. So I may be getting more clamp than the rest of you, hence why my noise floor may not be as loud as you guys. :/

Imagine that.

The kicker being that this may not be measurable as it is likely related to how our ears adjust to the change in pressure.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #3,834 of 7,693
Thanks for verifying. So this brings up the question, are the varying levels of hiss seen on this thread due to Mobius clamping force and pad compression relative to each individual's head size and shape? This could be a solid lead, I think.

For reference, the Mobius is one click away from being fully extended on both sides on my head. So I may be getting more clamp than the rest of you, hence why my noise floor may not be as loud as you guys. :/

Imagine that.

The kicker being that this may not be measurable as it is likely related ro how our ears adjust to the change in pressure.

Definitely possible. I'm on the opposite end, with the cups only extended 1 or 2 clicks.

Aug 2, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #3,837 of 7,693
Someone I know who used a pre-pro model says that there was zero hiss on that unit, Did they add anything from pre-production to production?
Edit: Did he hear it on a show floor? It's very hard to gauge noise floor in a moderately loud room. I had a pre-pro model myself at home, and it DEFINITELY hissed.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #3,838 of 7,693
I've added force through just pressing in on on the ends of the headband instead and the result is the same: lower hiss, so I don't THINK it's the hands shielding the electronics. I do think it's the former.

Pressing the cups does quiet the hiss. Seems almost like it cuts down the lower frequencies of the hiss, cleans it up.

This is crazy cool (I know, but I find this hella interesting). Have you guys contacted Audeze yet?
This is definitely uplifting. First because all Mobius might need is thicker/denser earpads to just end the whole hissing topic and secondly because I have a.... rather large head on my neck.

Aug 2, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #3,839 of 7,693
Problem is if he heard it on a show floor. It's very hard to gauge noise floor in a moderately loud room. I had a pre-pro model myself at home, and it DEFINITELY hissed.

It wasn't on a show floor it was in a private setting. I obviously can't verify as I didn't hear the headphone. But if there was variance in pre-pro as well then there's definitely a large concern.

Aug 2, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #3,840 of 7,693
It wasn't on a show floor it was in a private setting. I obviously can't verify as I didn't hear the headphone. But if there was variance in pre-pro as well then there's definitely a large concern.

Interesting. There were likely some changes made, or they hadn't dialed in on all the internals quite then.

This is crazy cool (I know, but I find this hella interesting). Have you guys contacted Audeze yet?
This is definitely uplifting. First because all Mobius might need is thicker/denser earpads to just end the whole hissing topic and secondly because I have a.... rather large head on my neck.

I too would hope that perhaps a pad swap for better sealing pads that don't vary widely based on clamp level could be a possible solution for a large chunk of the hiss. It doesn't all go away, but it's quite significant to my ears. It's noticeable, if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back