• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 1, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #3,706 of 7,693
It's an instant return if I hear any hiss... Audeze is supposed to represent quality audio not noisy gimmick tech. These are to be my main portables and I care not about head tracking. To me they represent closed wireless planars. I will most likely disable all head tracking if possible. I see that as pure hubris.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #3,707 of 7,693
What's interesting is that I noticed @Mad Lust Envy mentions now that there was an audible hiss in the background on the test unit he used with Jude as well. I'm curious why this wasn't mentioned at all when you guys previewed the Mobius? In fact I don't think this was mentioned by any of the people who previewed the Mobius early with a prototype.This seems like a big deal to me in terms of a discussion point and whether something like this is acceptable on an audiophile headphone that retails at 400 USD.

I think everyone can agree that if this hiss is audible over top of your current audio track (You can hear while music is playing, gaming, movie watching etc.) It should be considered a pretty big problem. If the hiss isn't audible at all during audio playback, then it's probably not a deal breaker. Where ever the discussion leads, it's very curious to me that this was never mentioned prior to the production units going out (It was literally an issue the second the first person received their Mobius here though).

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #3,708 of 7,693
What's interesting is that I noticed @Mad Lust Envy mentions now that there was an audible hiss in the background on the test unit he used with Jude as well. I'm curious why this wasn't mentioned at all when you guys previewed the Mobius? In fact I don't think this was mentioned by any of the people who previewed the Mobius early with a prototype.This seems like a big deal to me in terms of a discussion point and whether something like this is acceptable on an audiophile headphone that retails at 400 USD.

I think everyone can agree that if this hiss is audible over top of your current audio track (You can hear while music is playing, gaming, movie watching etc.) It should be considered a pretty big problem. If the hiss isn't audible at all during audio playback, then it's probably not a deal breaker. Where ever the discussion leads, it's very curious to me that this was never mentioned prior to the production units going out (It was literally an issue the second the first person received their Mobius here though).

I think the Mobius' noise floor was previously discussed during an earlier review....I seem to recall reading about it somewhere.

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #3,709 of 7,693
It's an instant return if I hear any hiss... Audeze is supposed to represent quality audio not noisy gimmick tech. These are to be my main portables and I care not about head tracking. To me they represent closed wireless planars. I will most likely disable all head tracking if possible. I see that as pure hubris.

Curious as to why you (and others) picked up a gaming headset loaded with “gimmick tech”, then? It’s like buying a F250 and complaining about gas mileage when you wanted a Prius, no?

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #3,710 of 7,693
Pretty sure you won't be able to return these since we technically crowdfunded the campaign. Audeze might be able to cancel and refund your order if you contact them directly and ask them nicely before these are shipped out. Once they're shipped out and you receive delivery you're stuck with them.

Curious as to why you (and others) picked up a gaming headset loaded with “gimmick tech”, then? It’s like buying a F250 and complaining about gas mileage when you wanted a Prius, no?
I'm probably in the same boat as him. I care about sound quality, I wanted to try planars, I needed closed headphones, and I needed integrated microphone, bluetooth wireless was a plus. I have zero care for 3D and how it sounds in games, those are just gimmicks to me. I wish these had active noise cancelling, but you can't have everything, and these ticked off most of my boxes.

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #3,711 of 7,693
I'm probably in the same boat as him. I care about sound quality, I wanted to try planars, I needed closed headphones, and I needed integrated microphone, bluetooth wireless was a plus. I have zero care for 3D and how it sounds in games, those are just gimmicks to me. I wish these had active noise cancelling, but you can't have everything, and these ticked off most of my boxes.
I am afraid you misunderstood the purpose of the Audeze Mobius completely
  • It has been first and foremost marketed as a PC Gaming Headset to be best used with USB 3.0.
  • It is no 10K $ High End Headpone Plus 10K $ tube amp.

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #3,712 of 7,693
I am afraid you misunderstood the purpose of the Audeze Mobius completely
  • It has been first and foremost marketed as a PC Gaming Headset to be best used with USB 3.0.
  • It is no 10K $ High End Headpone Plus 10K $ tube amp.
No need to be afraid. I know what I'm getting. I'm getting closed planars with integrated microphone and bluetooth wireless. That's exactly what I want.

I know these won't sound like your hypothetical $20K rig, but so long as these are in the same ballpark as my modest $600 Asus Xonar STX II + Objective O2 + HD650 setup without noticeable hiss I'll be more than happy.

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #3,713 of 7,693
If Mobius actually sounds that good, I would probably downsize my collection significantly. I suspect it to be less technical than Aeon, with more/better bass impact, which for a pair of affordable headphone, that is all I'm asking.

Aug 1, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #3,714 of 7,693
What's interesting is that I noticed @Mad Lust Envy mentions now that there was an audible hiss in the background on the test unit he used with Jude as well.
I am 100% positive I heard/read it mentioned the many many months ago! The possibility of hiss is not new!

It was further said at the time Audeze is going to address that. It seems that they did not or could not. But noone should say it wasn't noted.

Aug 1, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #3,715 of 7,693

I DEFINITELY put that on my review.

edit: Actually, it IS in the impressions on here.

"Final Impressions:

...the noise floor is audible at low volume which was already being addressed before I even mentioned it. "

What does that look like to you? Lol

And no, not everyone is in agreement about the hiss. I certainly don't hear it when I'm listening to most things. I do hear it in video games through USB when there are quiet moments. I DON'T hear it the majority of the time when I am using the Bluetooth and non-gaming. So no. Stop overgeneralizing.

And please before accusing others of not doing something, make sure to fact check, because people would then start to believe I'm trying to hide something, which I'm obviously not. I don't take my integrity being questioned lightly.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #3,716 of 7,693
Third page of this thread are your impressions for reference.
Relevant quote in cons
"Noise floor isn't dead silent (Was told directly by Audeze they will be improving the noise floor for the final product"

I DEFINITELY put that on my review. However, I think it was the updated one on my guide. I'm always updating my reviews with additional comments and error fixes for the first 24 hours. I may have forgotten to update the paste here.

Problem is, I dunno what page I put my impressions in on my guide OR here since it wasn't meant to be a final review. But yes, I 100% mentioned the hiss in the prototype review.

Marketed to studio creatives as well. That implies a minimum standard in performance. Perhaps not a $1000, $2000, or $20,000 rig. My budget minded earstudio wireless dac matched with my t50rp's is hiss free.

Aug 1, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #3,717 of 7,693
Relevant quote in cons
"Noise floor isn't dead silent (Was told directly by Audeze they will be improving the noise floor for the final Product"

Marketed to studio creatives as well. That implies a minimum standard in performance. Perhaps not a $1000, $2000, or $20,000 rig. My budget minded earstudio wireless dac matched with my t50rp's is hiss free.

A) interesting quote

B) I had a similar thought about perhaps these not getting much studio adoption but I have had the idea of mixing my own surround mixes in them as an amateur

Aug 1, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #3,718 of 7,693
Relevant quote in cons
"Noise floor isn't dead silent (Was told directly by Audeze they will be improving the noise floor for the final product"

I updated my last post to reflect what I said about it in the review, which IS there.

If anyone is willing to ship me their unit with this overly loud hiss so I can compare to my supposedly 'cherry-picked' unit, hey I'm all for it. I'd tell you if the difference in hiss is there. PM me if you wanna go that route. I live in Orlando, Florida. I could then possibly ship it back to Audeze, provided they give me a packing slip for it. Or I can ship it back to you, provided you send it to me in a smaller box so that it doesn't cost me a leg to ship back to you. I'm barely above minimum wage here lol.

All I know is that on the unit I have, particularly in Bluetooth mode, the moment the device picks up audio, the hiss audibly fades away.

edit: nvm I deleted a part of my post because I'm dumb and was toggling the wrong wheel. SMH.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #3,719 of 7,693
Grow up and stop with the conspiracy theories please.

You need to take an Intro to Business class, you don’t have a basic understanding of how product development works. For various reasons parts are always switched out between small amounts of hand built prototype units and full scale mass production. In this case Audeze told us in an Indiegogo update for one of their reasons for delay that they did have to switch out parts at the last minute (Indiegogo Update 7/13/18):

upload_2018-8-1_9-10-8.png

It’s no conspiracy theory that they switched out parts that they found not to meet there QC standards, I won’t go further into it than that, interpret it as you will.

There is a difference between speculation based on Knowledge/Experience and a conspiracy theory which is usually by the uninformed. Also, I just realized you’re quoting quite an old post; much more has been said since then.

On a completely unrelated side note, I fully admit I have been annoyed with Audeze this week for reasons other than Mobius. I finally got fed up with their new so called LCD suspension headbands; I have both the non-leather version that came with LCD-2 Classic and the leather one I paid $125 for my LCD-2. With both of them the strap goes up completely against the spring steel support, they actually push up through the slot in the spring steel that’s how much longer the material is than it should be. It’s very uncomfortable having the weight resting in a small part of the center of the spring steel on my head. So I finally caved and ordered the material and tools to make my own replacement straps at the proper length that they should have been in the first place so they will be actual suspension headbands like they advertise them to be.

If this is a known defect someone please correct me, but I got the two different versions 5 months apart and they both do it.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #3,720 of 7,693
That's only you and your trust issues though.
Audeze clearly stated the first 2 batches are (were) out. Early bird comes next then ride the waves.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I can see how this situation is more than annoying.
I'm pretty sure it was never actually stated how many units have shipped out so far. Perhaps you're thinking of the previous update and simply that the first two tiers were indeed the first to ship out. It certainly was never posted here.

Would be kind of surprising if only 250 units shipped in over a week. Before the sticker issue and the halt. Unless they were waiting on monitoring the first shipment to see how quickly they were delivered.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back