• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
May 11, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #1,411 of 7,693
Having to plan an advertising campaign around possible ignorance would be exhausting. There will always be something you never realize someone would expect.

I’m not arguing against information, so twisting words around is a childish technique. What I’m saying is knowledge is the responsibility of the one with the question.

May 11, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #1,412 of 7,693
Well, consider it from the point of view of an average, non-technical consumer:

-Consumer sees "Awesome new gaming headset from respected audiophile brand Audeze!" "Great!" they think, "It even has Bluetooth, just what I always wanted! Now I can game on my PC without those pesky wires getting in the way!"
-Buy it, unpack, pair it to their computer's built-in Bluetooth
-Load up Overwatch, jump in voice chat with gaming buddies
-Sound is terrible - tinny and harsh, no stereo
-"What?? Why does it sound so bad? Piece of crap."
-Headset gets sent back for a refund.

This isn't an unlikely scenario. Most people aren't familiar with the technical nuances of Bluetooth profiles; they just see it as "now, without wires!" The fact that the headset behaves differently in wired vs. wireless mode should be disclosed. If it's not, expect that many more disappointed and upset customers (and bad reviews on Amazon).

Arguing against informing the consumer really isn't a winning argument.

I think we got you point and concern. Thanks.

Moving on. Does anyone have the roadmap from Audeze from Indiegogo to production and shipment?

May 11, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #1,413 of 7,693
Having to plan an advertising campaign around possible ignorance would be exhausting. There will always be something you never realize someone would expect.
It's a key feature for the target market. Expecting it to work properly is entirely reasonable. It's not like this is some edge case that would only affect one out of ten thousand users.

I think we got you point and concern. Thanks.
You're welcome.

May 11, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #1,415 of 7,693
Audeze have said from the get go that Mobius is first and foremost a PC gaming headset with head tracking and surround processing capabilities. It also works with Bluetooth, and the 3D processing can be used independently of a surround source.

I did not know about the Bluetooth voice mono sound issue. My intention and the reason I bought Mobius is for PC gaming with surround processing and voice chat capabilities, which as I understand it, should not be affected with USB.

May 11, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #1,416 of 7,693
To change the subject away from bluetooth for a moment... I have a question about the head tracking that I cannot remember if it was answered anywhere before or if I just missed it.

So, since this is all internal tracking in the headset, does the headset only track rotational movement? Or does it also track side to side, up and down and back and forward too? The so called 6 degrees of freedom. Part of the reason I ask is because obviously the rotational stuff is important, but if its not also tracking the other movement too, couldnt that very easily take you out of the illusion of the 3d sound stage since even though the sound might be fixed relative to the way you are facing initially, if you then dont move in a rotational direction, the whole sound stage would still move with you, right? Maybe its not as big of a deal, and the illusion is still preserved well enough just with rotational tracking, but I just figured I would ask and see if anyone knew.

It's listed as 3 axis. Having played around Ruth the waves demo, there is definitely more than side to side rotational. It's a pretty convincing emulation.

May 11, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #1,417 of 7,693
This product is clearly intended to be used as a wired gaming headset. This isn't a clarification/explanation issue then, it's a design you don't agree with issue.
I would argue that the inclusion of Bluetooth muddies the messaging about its intended use. All I'm suggesting is that some disclaimers be added to the product description to clarify that some functions don't work properly in Bluetooth mode.

May 11, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #1,419 of 7,693
This may help

Under wireless description @Audeze could add hfp and hsp to the already included sbc,aac,ldac codecs. In cell for number of bluetooth channels, 2.0(1.0 w/mic hfp,hsp only).

rhvooqx2byicjmnrmzlh.jpg

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #1,420 of 7,693
They’re not a Bluetooth gaming headset. They’re planar magnetic headphones that double as a 5.1/7.1 gaming/movie headset and a Bluetooth headset.

May 11, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #1,421 of 7,693
This may help

Under wireless description Audeze could add hfp and hsp to the already included sbc,aac,ldac codecs. In cell for number of bluetooth channels, 2.0(1.0 w/mic hfp,hsp only).

I forgot about that feature chart, but yeah that's pretty misleading now that you mention it. If I were just going by the chart, I would be led to think that the mic, 2.0 channel audio, and Bluetooth could all be used at the same time... which, as far as I can tell, isn't actually possible based on the way the product is designed. But I had to do a bunch of research only to be able to infer that, and meanwhile it's almost directly contradicted if one were going strictly off the chart.

They’re not a Bluetooth gaming headset. They’re planar magnetic headphones that double as a 5.1/7.1 gaming/movie headset and a Bluetooth headset.
Which means what, exactly? Does that imply certain limitations, or? That's the problem. There's ambiguity there that ought to be cleared up.

May 11, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #1,422 of 7,693
Which means what, exactly? Does that imply certain limitations, or? That's the problem. There's ambiguity there that ought to be cleared up.

It’s always been multiple products in one. Audeze confirmed my theory that the reason they added Bluetooth as well was because they are a small company and it was easier to put the R&D into a single product rather than releasing multiple SKU’s. Which makes sense since Mobius had to be active anyway for the head-tracking features to work, so adding features like Bluetooth just required a cutting-edge Bluetooth chipset.

If you read into the campaign, Bluetooth is there to make Mobius more of an all-around everyday headphone and in relation to it as a gaming headset it’s also there to make mobile gaming more convenient. It should be clear that Bluetooth isn’t optimal for PC gaming.

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #1,424 of 7,693
Not optimal in what way?

Any latency introduced in competitive gaming isn’t ideal as well as the issues of the Bluetooth headset profile when using a mic. Also no 5.1/7.1 over Bluetooth. The cherry on top is that when you’re PC gaming you’re fixed in one position. There’s really no benefit to Bluetooth for PC gaming. Simply use Bluetooth for music and with mobile devices, and USB when gaming or listening to surround mixes.

May 11, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #1,425 of 7,693
Any latency introduced in competitive gaming isn’t ideal as well as the issues of the Bluetooth headset profile when using a mic. Also no 5.1/7.1 over Bluetooth.
Where does it say any of that in the product literature?

There’s really no benefit to Bluetooth for PC gaming.
Not getting wires caught up in my chair is a benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back